LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

Arizona now a game up on us :(

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
we go with A. Smith for the of the remainder of the season to see if Alex can be the guy or not...

if Alex doesn't live up to their expectations.....i'm sure Singletary will put in Nate Davis in the last few games of the season to start developing him...

This is the most important decision that has to be made this year. If Smith is the guy, then the 49ers save a first day draft pick for another need area. If Smith isn't the guy, then they must pick the best QB prospect they can next year with the first pick they have. Today showed the critical importance of having a QB with a real arm and the ability to read and see the field.
I know this is a tall order but we need to beat the colts next weekend or we are in some serious trouble. If we drop another game and assuming the cards beat the panthers next weekend... we cant afford to be two games behind the cards. Are we good enough to go 9-7? sure, why not... but it doesn't matter if the cards finish 10-6 or 11-5.
wow just looked at AZ schedule, i wouldnt be surprised if they did not lose another game this year. Their schedule is rediculously easy. unless they choke big time, we are in trouble
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Arizona is back on track, they'll win this division.

On the bright side at least the Panthers suck.
Yeah I was mad that Arizona won, but oh well. We just have to beat the colts now. We need to make sure we break Warner and Fitzgayrold in half the next time we play them. I hate those 2 b*****ds.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah I was mad that Arizona won, but oh well. We just have to beat the colts now. We need to make sure we break Warner and Fitzgayrold in half the next time we play them. I hate those 2 b*****ds.

Much easier said than done. Peyton Manning is in a league of his own.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
f**k Favre!!

he should beat the cardinals
Originally posted by Hopper:

With the Smith 2 Crabtree combination, anything is possible

I know the Texans D isn't great, but they have some good players. And Smith did THAT without any practice with the starters since training camp. Lets see what he and Crabtree can do after they get a week of practicing the 1st team together. He and Crabby had some chemistry from before, but now it's going to be with everyone. I dunno if Indy still runs a tampa 2 but VD can burn them in the middle of the field. Peyton is amazing, but so is Favre and we almost beat him. The D just needs time to rest, and they can do a good job. The Colts offense is sick but we got a shot of keeping them on the bench now.
who cares, talk to me after week 17

Arizona Cardinals= a bunch of f****ts
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

I know the Texans D isn't great, but they have some good players. And Smith did THAT without any practice with the starters since training camp. Lets see what he and Crabtree can do after they get a week of practicing the 1st team together. He and Crabby had some chemistry from before, but now it's going to be with everyone. I dunno if Indy still runs a tampa 2 but VD can burn them in the middle of the field. Peyton is amazing, but so is Favre and we almost beat him. The D just needs time to rest, and they can do a good job. The Colts offense is sick but we got a shot of keeping them on the bench now.

The key to beating Indy is Gore. The Colts have an undersized D Line and you have to keep Manning on the sidelines as long as you can dominating the TOP on the ground.

If we try to get into a shootout, the game won't be close.

Originally posted by King49er:
who cares, talk to me after week 17

Arizona Cardinals= a bunch of f****ts

The voice of reason!

Lets quit talking about what teams are gonna beat us, it's sadistic and depressing. This teams got a lot of talent and once all cylinders start firing we gonna do some work. Plus, the cards do = a bunch of f!@#*ts
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
1) VD is the Real deal and we need to get him involved often and early in every Game.

2) Our O Line is still horrible and needs upgrade in offseason somehow.

3) Gore was noneffective because we were down so early and our Terrible O Line Doesn't help.

4) Shaun Showed y he is average at best and Alex out Did him today from the get go. I think he should be our QB from here on out.

5) Crabs played real nice and Showed AMAZING hands and played really good for only having practiced for 2 weeks.

6) VD haters should admit he is a Beast and Crabtree will be no diff. We have a Bright future in Offense.

7) D played good for being on the field as long as they were. Still need more pressure up front.

And finally yes AZ won today but we can still win the west and should not panic yet.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran

Manning is WAY above Favre dude. Favre 8 years ago then maybe you have a case.
Originally posted by Axl49:

Yeah true, but AP is better than Brown or Addai. Vikings D is better than Colts D. Indy has them at TE and at WR. Indy is a better team, but we should've beat the Vikings with Mr. 3 and out at QB. Our D is going through some problems true, but we got to give them time to rest. We beat AZ's ass IN Zona too. We just needed a QB to make all the throws and a legit #1 WR. We got this man, I know. I know I sound f**king retarded, but I had a feeling we'd pick Crabtree and it happened. I had a feeling we'd use Smith as QB at some point this season, and not just use him at QB but that he'd take over. I think we got this, the Colts are unbeaten, all the other unbeaten teams save the Saints got knocked off. We have a bunch of weapons, we just need to use them. I think we got this, I'm calling in the upset right here man.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:

Yeah true, but AP is better than Brown or Addai. Vikings D is better than Colts D. Indy has them at TE and at WR. Indy is a better team, but we should've beat the Vikings with Mr. 3 and out at QB. Our D is going through some problems true, but we got to give them time to rest. We beat AZ's ass IN Zona too. We just needed a QB to make all the throws and a legit #1 WR. We got this man, I know. I know I sound f**king retarded, but I had a feeling we'd pick Crabtree and it happened. I had a feeling we'd use Smith as QB at some point this season, and not just use him at QB but that he'd take over. I think we got this, the Colts are unbeaten, all the other unbeaten teams save the Saints got knocked off. We have a bunch of weapons, we just need to use them. I think we got this, I'm calling in the upset right here man.
Im all with it man. I wanted Smith to start this game and was yelling at the TV at halftime to put him in. He showed y hill is mediocre and y we need to start A Smith to utilize out many weapons. VD is no joke. Crabs looks like he is legit. Morgan stepped it up today and gore is beast when we dnt fall behind by 3 td in the first part of the game. We have all the potential and ability to at least make the playoffs. Next year we can be competitive in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone