LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Props to Jimmy Raye for 2nd half play calling

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm astonished its 7 hours after a Niner loss and I haven't seen one hate thread against Jimmy Raye yet. Whether it have been Sing's or Raye's decision to put Smith in there, I think Raye really adjusted well to Smith's strengths.

Although I don't think the "spread" will be as affective when a team has a week to prepare against it, I think Smith showed he is healthy and I liked the production our receivers showed.

Everyone is acting like Davis already has his invitation to the Pro Bowl in hand, but this is nothing new to Raye who got a young Tony Gonzales to produce very well and blossom as the OC of the chiefs.

Lastly, if I was Singletary I would use a page of the Billicheat/Mangeious playbook and not announce the starter next week publicly all week. Then the Colts would have to prepare for both a power running and spread offense. Don't tip your hand Singletary.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Oct 25, 2009 at 8:27 PM ]
I have to give props to Jimmy Raye. I have busted his balls the last few weeks, but he called a good 2nd half. Let's hope it continues!
Maybe...... Steve Young knocked Ray over the head started calling plays.
Finally/hopefully he is taking Urban meyers advice about Alex.
no props from me. What else are you gonna do when you're down 21-0?
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Maybe...... Steve Young knocked Ray over the head started calling plays.

my theory: Someone switched playbooks during Rayes halftime nap.
What took him so long? Dumb as hell to wait until the second half to open it up.
I like that idea of not announcing starter.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
no props from me. What else are you gonna do when you're down 21-0?

Well, what kind of plays can you call when your QB can throw out routes and is limited to within a 25 yard field?
Originally posted by Reckless:
I like that idea of not announcing starter.

thanks, I doubt it will happen though.

yeah I have to admit, Raye surprised me with Smith in there. Makes you wonder of the decisions Hill made under center
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I'm astonished its 7 hours after a Niner loss and I haven't seen one hate thread against Jimmy Raye yet. Whether it have been Sing's or Raye's decision to put Smith in there, I think Raye really adjusted well to Smith's strengths.

Although I don't think the "spread" will be as affective when a team has a week to prepare against it, I think Smith showed he is healthy and I liked the production our receivers showed.

Everyone is acting like Davis already has his invitation to the Pro Bowl in hand, but this is nothing new to Raye who got a young Tony Gonzales to produce very well and blossom as the OC of the chiefs.

Lastly, if I was Singletary I would use a page of the Billicheat/Mangeious playbook and not announce the starter next week publicly all week. Then the Colts would have to prepare for both a power running and spread offense. Don't tip your hand Singletary.

f**k Ray throw Deep !
  • NP9er
  • Veteran
It was nice to see an open attempt to catch up. However the real test will be how Sleepy old man calls the opening to each of the next two weeks. Does he try to get up a score early and then run out the final 55 minutes or does somebody call a BALANCD ATTACK. Oviously beating Indianapolis is unlikely, so the following week should provide the answer we've all been seeking for the last 4 weeks.

Beware the of "The Sleeper." His game plans read like Nyquil, helps you sleep all through the game.
  • dj43
I would love to know the story behind the completely changed offensive strategy after Smith entered the game.

Has that been in the book all along?

Did Raye truly have that little confidence in Hill's arm?

?????
honestly i never believed the playcalling to be the problem i think it is our o line we need a new RT and RG
Share 49ersWebzone