LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Vernon Davis leads the NFL in Touchdown Receptions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Gonzales, Shocky, and Shancoe still have the inside track at the Pro Bowl because they are on winning teams.

That don't mean a thing, Davis was a honorable mention last year. Win or lose he will make the Pro Bowl, if he keep this up.
I think its amazing that all of his TD's have come in the same area and type of route.
They named the top 5 TE's on the NFL today yesterday and Vernon wasnt on the list

Betcha they will be all over his jock strap now
Originally posted by trellblaze1:
Tony Gonzales and Vernon Davis have something else in common: Jimmy Raye.

I'm not 100% sold on Raye yet but I think the rep he has here is absolutely ridiculous. The man is smart enough to know we don't have the ability to run a Tom Brady offense. Honestly I think this forum is overrun by expert Madden players who think their skills in the video game translates into real life GM skill.

Anyway, I tip my hat to VD. I was ready to have him shipped out last season at this point but immediately after being "banished" I noticed a change in him. That change is paying off this season...

Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
VD is gonna be an absolute beast as he gets more comfortable in the O.

and people say Jimmy Raye sucks. He has produced the top NFL TD receiver in the league.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
*looks in*

"no Krizay?"

*walks out*

Originally posted by 915Niner915:
Im excited for him,finally stepping up!

actually playin as I use him in madden 10 lmao

He is already pretty useful in Madden, especially on those deep corner routes or fades. I can't wait until the upgrade. He should be a 90.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
*looks in*

"no Krizay?"

*walks out*

Vernon Davis leading the NFL with TD receptions would have been unthinkable a couple months back, but he has really stepped up his play under Sing.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Vernon Davis leading the NFL with TD receptions would have been unthinkable a couple months back, but he has really stepped up his play under Sing.

The dude catches the ball like it's a baby, compared to Crabtree who has the strongest hands on the team. lol
Wow, he has the same amount of yards that he had all of last year.

Good play but he's more than likely gonna get shafted for the pro bowl unless it is 3 TE's that make it. Witten is getting in on cowboy fan votes and Gonzalez will get in over VD with comparable numbers.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Vernon's number will increase...particularly with Alex throwing to him. If he does that, he'll be in the Pro Bowl, winning team or not. He's finally realizing his potential...and could put up some bodacious numbers before this season's out.

Hello, 1985.

I think we can all certainly agree that yesterday's 1st half was 'bogus'?
2 things will happen now. 1) Vernon will get game planned against, which will
2) open up passing to other receivers.

That's a good thing, now that we have a QB that can throw the ball farther than 15 yards and have a WR that can catch balls that are not right on target.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by fzrdave:

The dude catches the ball like it's a baby, compared to Crabtree who has the strongest hands on the team. lol

lol i noticed that as well.

Davis should play some basketball.

-9fA
i am very proud of how Vernon has progressed ,this is what we all wanted him to become when we drafted him , he just needed a "kick in the backside" to get it going
Share 49ersWebzone