There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Simple Changes.

It seems to me that todays game showed our power running game isn't going to work this season and an offense that gets more of our receivers on the field is really the future. If you take out the two big runs by Gore, in one game, our running attack is limp. We are near last in the NFL. Not good for a team that is supposed to "impose it's will" by running. I don't think that we have the O linemen to make this happen yet. Maybe the coaches knew this deep down when we kept a lot of WR's and have a limited number of RB's. Strange for a running team. When did Sing/Raye figure out that our deepest and most talented position is WR? Has Sing hobbled Raye by not using our WR's in a spread/passing offense? Look at our receivers: Bruce, Crabtree, Morgan, Smith, Davis, Walker, and yes Gore. ANY NFL coach would love to have that receiving package. As to whom could run this kind of offense better, it is most likely Smith. Still, Hill would probably do better with a spread offense like we ran in the second half today. Hill did very well with Martz last year.
I am not saying we should pass "sixty percent" of the time. In a spread or a passing offense, it would give Gore lots of room to run too. Defenses could not load up the box and stop our "O." We could have a balanced offense that uses the talent we have NOW!
I think that you also saw how well our defense played when the offense gave them a breather on the sidelines. We can make the play-offs IF we make some simple changes!
we dont use Coffee, Jones, or J Hill
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
I don't get it.
Originally posted by stevenking57:
It seems to me that todays game showed our power running game isn't going to work this season and an offense that gets more of our receivers on the field is really the future. If you take out the two big runs by Gore, in one game, our running attack is limp. We are near last in the NFL. Not good for a team that is supposed to "impose it's will" by running. I don't think that we have the O linemen to make this happen yet. Maybe the coaches knew this deep down when we kept a lot of WR's and have a limited number of RB's. Strange for a running team. When did Sing/Raye figure out that our deepest and most talented position is WR? Has Sing hobbled Raye by not using our WR's in a spread/passing offense? Look at our receivers: Bruce, Crabtree, Morgan, Smith, Davis, Walker, and yes Gore. ANY NFL coach would love to have that receiving package. As to whom could run this kind of offense better, it is most likely Smith. Still, Hill would probably do better with a spread offense like we ran in the second half today. Hill did very well with Martz last year.
I am not saying we should pass "sixty percent" of the time. In a spread or a passing offense, it would give Gore lots of room to run too. Defenses could not load up the box and stop our "O." We could have a balanced offense that uses the talent we have NOW!
I think that you also saw how well our defense played when the offense gave them a breather on the sidelines. We can make the play-offs IF we make some simple changes!

I agree we need to open up the offense like we did in the 2nd half. We have some real playmakers in VD/Crabtree/Morgan/Gore. I think this team needs to do a better job of passing the ball to Gore, split him out anything to get him the ball. The OL sucks and he gets no running room get him the ball in space.
I don't get it.

Oh nothing, don't mind me. Im just being a jerk.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:

I agree we need to open up the offense like we did in the 2nd half. We have some real playmakers in VD/Crabtree/Morgan/Gore. I think this team needs to do a better job of passing the ball to Gore, split him out anything to get him the ball. The OL sucks and he gets no running room get him the ball in space.

It seems like everyone knew this but Sing. A team with skill position players like Gore, Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, Walker, Hill, Jones and Bruce shouldn't be near the bottom of the league in O. And if they didn't think Hill could use that talent he should have been benched sooner.
I don't get it.

You wouldn't
I don't get it.

It means paragraph....your post is a big jumble of words. Could use some breakups to make it easier to read.