There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is it just me or does this feel like a Win?

Originally posted by wshaheen321:
I don't know about most of you, but for me, it seems like we won for some reason. Maybe it's due to the fact that we actually saw signs of life from this anemic offense for the first time all season. 21 points in one half! We haven't seen that from our offense in a LONG time. Our defense did a good job, practically shutting down Houston in the second half, but they gave up Slaton's big run that probably clinched the game for the Texans.

This game showed us a lot of things:

1) Crabtree and VD are absolute studs. Morgan is taking the downgrade very well and is still making a contribution.

2) Alex Smith is indeed a phoenix. Boy is going to rise from the ashes, baby!

3) Isaac Bruce needs to sit down and have Morgan upgraded. I don't care if he's a sure-fire HOF'er. He certainly isn't playing like one, and shouldn't play just cause of what he did in the past. What have you done lately?

4) Our defense will be very good once we get our offense to not go 3 and out every drive. They get gassed too early in the game and can't hold in the 4th quarter when they have to. Just like today.

Have at it!!

i think everyone that is doubting the 9ers needs to read your post-GREAT POST MAN!
I agree completely the D showed in the 2nd half when they are given a chance they can really play. They only gave up 17 pts you cannot count the TD after Battle's fumble. And that's not bad at all.
VD is becoming one of the best TE's in the game, he is a complete player now and we need to make it a priority to get him involved in the game early.
Crabtree showed us a little bit of everything, route running, hands, leaping ability. I can't wait to see this develope some chemistry w/Smith. I think by next year this kid is going to be among the best Fitz,Johnson,Moss
Smith came in and gave us exactly what we needed a QB that can move around the pocket and throw the ball down field. face it the OL sucks so we need a QB that can make things happen and Hill just isn't it.
the one negative is that the OL is no where near where it needs to be, Heitmann, Staley are good Baas/Rachal suck and Pashos is avg at best and is now hurt (please don't be serious!)
we need to give serious consideration to signing Jon Runyan even if Pashos turns out to be ok. I live about an hour south of Philly and have watched him his entire career and this guy is very good. i have read articles saying he is healthy we need to sign him now! we also need to look out there and see if anyone could possibly be an upgrade at OG even if it's just a small upgrade we need to do it.
i truly believe our season is on the brink here, the cards will lose tonight to the giants and we will still be tied for d.lead at 3-3 owning the tie breaker for now. if we found our qb in smith or at least signifigantly upgraded the position for the season like i belive we have then we need to try and protect him. he has the weapons in vd/crabtree/gore/morgan
we also need to bench bruce who cares that he is a legend he isn't doing anything now. play crabtree and morgan and deactivate spurlock and give jones/j.hill a chance as well. hill proved he can make plays last year and jones was our top fa signing this year I'M READY TO SEE THESE GUYS NOW!
a loss is a loss
Montananinerfans brother here

Cut f....n roman, Sign GARCIA back. Please
Originally posted by geturembedder:
I don't know about most of you, but for me, it seems like we won for some reason. Maybe it's due to the fact that we actually saw signs of life from this anemic offense for the first time all season. 21 points in one half! We haven't seen that from our offense in a LONG time. Our defense did a good job, practically shutting down Houston in the second half, but they gave up Slaton's big run that probably clinched the game for the Texans.

1) Crabtree and VD are absolute studs. Morgan is taking the downgrade very well and is still making a contribution.

3) Isaac Bruce needs to sit down and have Morgan upgraded. I don't care if he's a sure-fire HOF'er. He certainly isn't playing like one, and shouldn't play just cause of what he did in the past. What have you done lately?

4) Our defense will be very good once we get our offense to not go 3 and out every drive. They get gassed too early in the game and can't hold in the 4th quarter when they have to. Just like today.

Have at it!!

Morgan needs to stop being such a bonehead if he wants to be utilized properly. Guy is a liabillity on the field half the time he is in there.

what? dude had 4 catches today for as many yards as crabtree, and had a two nice third down catches? what are you talk'n about?
Especially not anymore now that the tards are about to take the division lead.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
It's a win if ALEX is back and rebuilding his career from the dead. If he can become our Franchise QB all the other stuff doesn't matter. That's a win regardless of the loss on paper, VD's great game or Crabtrees impressive performace for little time in the system.

All those don't matter compared to ALEX. The bigggest problem we have on this team is lack of a Franchise QB. If we get that one solved we are on our way.

I don't agree with a lot of what you say, but this is right on.

A QB that can make plays is indispensable. A bad team with a good QB will still win games. Our team, if they had a good QB that could make plays would be undefeated right now.

Let's hope that Smith can be that guy!
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by geturembedder:

Have at it!!

Morgan needs to stop being such a bonehead if he wants to be utilized properly. Guy is a liabillity on the field half the time he is in there.

what? dude had 4 catches today for as many yards as crabtree, and had a two nice third down catches? what are you talk'n about?

That motion penalty he got that negated Crabtree's 22 yard catch is one of the things he is talking about.
No it feels like a huge loss.

The type that sticks a fork in your team and makes you realize that the playoffs are still nothing but a dream.

We lose next week and go to 3-4.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Not really. Granted it's not as hard to swallow as the other two losses, but it's still a L either way. I want the colts right now.

Be careful what you wish for.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by BHulman:
At half, I was thinking that this team is sunk for the season. That offense was not going to win many games. When the game was over, I was no longer thinking that.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Shawn Hill isn't that bad idk why so many people are making it seem as if he is terrible at the qb position. He is a good, legit quarterback who doesn't make very mistakes. I honestly believe that if Singletary gave him the opportunity to run more pass plays in the beginning of the game rather than when we need it, he could have shown more of his short throw accuracy. He can deliver the bomb, but not as well as we would hope. But those pass plays will help open up our running game instead of doing our regular run, run, pass, and then punt. If the 49ers learn how to get momentum early in the game, we should have no problems progressing through the season.

Steve Hill, Shaun Hill's brother? Hello and welcome to the forum. You'll fit right in with all the other Hillusionists.

That was the funniest thing I've seen in weeks on this board. "Shaun Hill can deliver the bomb."

Well Hill is lucky that Sing pulled him.

I was contemplating whether or not to nickname him Shaun "Oneandone" Hill.

Cause he throws up on deep Pass and his arm is Gassed.

But then I had to remind myself that I don't like derogatory nicknames given to 9er players. Fair game when they are on another team, but til then I have to bite my tongue.

~Ceadder
it does feel like a win. atleast we found our QB and showed that our OC isnt a moron.
It's a bitter loss since the Cardinals are now a game up on us. The Cards just beat a playoff team. 9 wins isn't gonna get us in the playoffs. We'd better man up, or we'll be sittin' at home again in January.
I'm pleased with the play of Alex Smith, Vernon Davis, and Crabtree. But our offense has got to figure out how to run the ball. We've got Frank Gore for crying out loud and even he can't run behind our line.

I'm optimistic about the passing game, but we have to run the ball to win the division down the stretch. Frank Gore is averaging 2.3 yds per carry if you exclude his two runs of 79 and 80 yards against seattle. That screams that the run blocking is futile.
it's just you. its a loss and now the cards have a lead on us with a easy schedule.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home