There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is it just me or does this feel like a Win?

  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
I don't know about most of you, but for me, it seems like we won for some reason. Maybe it's due to the fact that we actually saw signs of life from this anemic offense for the first time all season. 21 points in one half! We haven't seen that from our offense in a LONG time. Our defense did a good job, practically shutting down Houston in the second half, but they gave up Slaton's big run that probably clinched the game for the Texans.

This game showed us a lot of things:

1) Crabtree and VD are absolute studs. Morgan is taking the downgrade very well and is still making a contribution.

2) Alex Smith is indeed a phoenix. Boy is going to rise from the ashes, baby!

3) Isaac Bruce needs to sit down and have Morgan upgraded. I don't care if he's a sure-fire HOF'er. He certainly isn't playing like one, and shouldn't play just cause of what he did in the past. What have you done lately?

4) Our defense will be very good once we get our offense to not go 3 and out every drive. They get gassed too early in the game and can't hold in the 4th quarter when they have to. Just like today.


Have at it!!
It was a win in the bigger scheme of things, we found out that Hill is what I have said he was all along, a pretty good back up, for a good reason.
I feel a lot better going into next week than I did after that loss to ATL.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
I'm with you. This is the most painless loss I can ever remember. Maybe because it seems like it's the start of something special. I actually believe we SHOULD win the West now. We can compete in Indianapolis. I'm having flashbacks of 2006. We were 5-5 and still in the playoff hunt, until we lost a close one against St. Louis on the road (brilliant call by Nolan helped seal the deal).

Well, this year there's a good chance we'll be 5-5 at some point. I'm predicting a loss to the Colts, and then 2 straight wins vs. the Titans and Bears, followed by a loss in Green Bay. From then on out, we have a chance of getting hot and winning some games because our schedule gets softer.
Not really. Granted it's not as hard to swallow as the other two losses, but it's still a L either way. I want the colts right now.
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
I don't know about most of you, but for me, it seems like we won for some reason. Maybe it's due to the fact that we actually saw signs of life from this anemic offense for the first time all season. 21 points in one half! We haven't seen that from our offense in a LONG time. Our defense did a good job, practically shutting down Houston in the second half, but they gave up Slaton's big run that probably clinched the game for the Texans.

This game showed us a lot of things:

1) Crabtree and VD are absolute studs. Morgan is taking the downgrade very well and is still making a contribution.

2) Alex Smith is indeed a phoenix. Boy is going to rise from the ashes, baby!

3) Isaac Bruce needs to sit down and have Morgan upgraded. I don't care if he's a sure-fire HOF'er. He certainly isn't playing like one, and shouldn't play just cause of what he did in the past. What have you done lately?

4) Our defense will be very good once we get our offense to not go 3 and out every drive. They get gassed too early in the game and can't hold in the 4th quarter when they have to. Just like today.


Have at it!!

Morgan needs to stop being such a bonehead if he wants to be utilized properly. Guy is a liabillity on the field half the time he is in there.
Originally posted by chimp914:
I feel a lot better going into next week than I did after that loss to ATL.

haha obviously!
plus we don't have to listen to the board argue about hill and smith in EVERY thread
F**k NO! It still feels like a lost

A.Smith, Davis, and Crabtree just lessen the pain
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
It was a win in the bigger scheme of things, we found out that Hill is what I have said he was all along, a pretty good back up, for a good reason.

It's a win if ALEX is back and rebuilding his career from the dead. If he can become our Franchise QB all the other stuff doesn't matter. That's a win regardless of the loss on paper, VD's great game or Crabtrees impressive performace for little time in the system.

All those don't matter compared to ALEX. The bigggest problem we have on this team is lack of a Franchise QB. If we get that one solved we are on our way.
Alex Smith really just made the whole offense look like a real NFL offense rather than a high school team. I don't understand why the O line looked so much better all of a sudden but it obviously had something to do with Smith. Also, the 2 plays where he ran, Hill would've ended up taking a sack or throwing an incompletion. Smith definetely gives me more reason for optomisim going into the rest of the season
it actually does when i think about that second half. it was beautiful watching Davis and Crabtree, then to see our number 1 overall QB come in and look so confident, cool, poised and light it up. after 6 games we are 3-3, looking at the schedule our next 10 games 6-4 is very possible..
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's a win if ALEX is back and rebuilding his career from the dead. If he can become our Franchise QB all the other stuff doesn't matter. That's a win regardless of the loss on paper, VD's great game or Crabtrees impressive performace for little time in the system.

All those don't matter compared to ALEX. The bigggest problem we have on this team is lack of a Franchise QB. If we get that one solved we are on our way.

I don't agree with a lot of what you say, but this is right on.
Originally posted by geturembedder:
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
I don't know about most of you, but for me, it seems like we won for some reason. Maybe it's due to the fact that we actually saw signs of life from this anemic offense for the first time all season. 21 points in one half! We haven't seen that from our offense in a LONG time. Our defense did a good job, practically shutting down Houston in the second half, but they gave up Slaton's big run that probably clinched the game for the Texans.

This game showed us a lot of things:

1) Crabtree and VD are absolute studs. Morgan is taking the downgrade very well and is still making a contribution.

2) Alex Smith is indeed a phoenix. Boy is going to rise from the ashes, baby!

3) Isaac Bruce needs to sit down and have Morgan upgraded. I don't care if he's a sure-fire HOF'er. He certainly isn't playing like one, and shouldn't play just cause of what he did in the past. What have you done lately?

4) Our defense will be very good once we get our offense to not go 3 and out every drive. They get gassed too early in the game and can't hold in the 4th quarter when they have to. Just like today.


Have at it!!

Morgan needs to stop being such a bonehead if he wants to be utilized properly. Guy is a liabillity on the field half the time he is in there.

I think Morgan is still young and needs better concentration. He'll be fine. Bruce has no business starting from this point on
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
It was a win in the bigger scheme of things, we found out that Hill is what I have said he was all along, a pretty good back up, for a good reason.


So you think Hill should still be starting? I don't get what your nonsensical response is supposed to mean, unless you were laughing at yourself for being wrong about our QB situation.