There are 176 users in the forums

Crabtree was amazingly impressive in his debut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

He does that all the time Method. Hey, told you Sing would pull the trigger, huh? Good times.

Obe, you won't see any negative posts about Singletary this week dude. This was a tough move to make but it had to be made. Most fun I've had watching a Niner offensive passing game for a long ass time.

If you only count the 2nd half, then yes.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
A couple things stood out to me:
1) Very clean routes for a rookie. Usually, rookies are sloppy with their footwork. I thought he looked sharp,

2) Good hands. He had one drop on a ball that was not very well thrown, but the rest of the time, he used his hands to catch the ball, and did not have it jar loose after contact.

A solid first game. Very impressed with the rook, and he is only going to get better.

Its truly amazing what Crabtree has been able to do in such a short time frame.

The guy plays like a cartoon. He catches the ball with ease, turns with ease, moves around quickly with ease. He seems to really have fun out there too.

It looks like he has a good chance of making DHB money after all.

Too bad we didn't have him all year. He is a special talent. This is one of the reasons I saw an argument for money in the range of DHB.

Can I add once again that Eric Mangini is a total idiot???? In more than one way.
Originally posted by 804Niner:
Thank you Mr. Crabs for not being a bust

LOL, in his 1 game with the Niners he's already got more catches than DHB.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Once again he proved all the doubters wrong!

Where are all your haters now!

I do apologize to Mr. Crabtree for changing his name to a variety of insults during the contract impasse.

However, I have not forgiven nor forgotten his holdout. Maybe 5 TDs would help me forget...

Originally posted by TDNiners:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Once again he proved all the doubters wrong!

Where are all your haters now!

I do apologize to Mr. Crabtree for changing his name to a variety of insults during the contract impasse.

However, I have not forgiven nor forgotten his holdout. Maybe 5 TDs would help me forget...

lol...Is that what bigmar needs too?
I would say impressive. best looking rookie since TO. but no TD's that would make it amazing. i will say that i dint not like him or knew his name before he signed. refused to talk about him till he signed. thank you for that!! good job Rook
1) Very clean routes for a rookie. Usually, rookies are sloppy with their footwork. I thought he looked sharp,

2) Good hands. He had one drop on a ball that was not very well thrown, but the rest of the time, he used his hands to catch the ball, and did not have it jar loose after contact.

A solid first game. Very impressed with the rook, and he is only going to get better.

The guy plays like a cartoon. He catches the ball with ease, turns with ease, moves around quickly with ease. He seems to really have fun out there too.

Too bad we didn't have him all year. He is a special talent. This is one of the reasons I saw an argument for money in the range of DHB.

Can I add once again that Eric Mangini is a total idiot???? In more than one way.

Wasnt the larger issue that if we gave him a DHB type contract, that our 1st picks next year would also have more leverage?
Originally posted by dhp318:

Wasnt the larger issue that if we gave him a DHB type contract, that our 1st picks next year would also have more leverage?

i think the team thought he was worth it but it would have been a horrible business decision.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Wait.....I thought that we didn't want this diva!!!

I thought we were a power running offense.

I thought Alex Smith could never throw 3 touchdowns in one half.

I thought we didn't have the O-line to run a spread offense.

I thought Singletary was too stubborn to abandon the "grind your running back into a hamburger" offense.

I thought a rookie WR would be crippled if he missed over 70 practices to start the season.

I thought Ray didn't know how to run a spread offense.

Wow, did we find out some things today.

This loss, was the closest thing to a victory I have ever felt without it actually being a victory.

Yeah, can we do this in the first half next time instead of waiting for the second half
Originally posted by dhp318:

yes it's also about the fact that we had the 10th pick and shouldn't have to spend top 5 money.

Since I'm in a confessing mood (see VD thread), I have to admit I was really down on Crabtree for the hold out. For some reason the hold out felt personal, almost like he was trying to punk us because we've fell on hard times.

I dont regret the name calling (it made me feel better), plus we're just fan bloggers on a Niner website so nobody cares about our opions except us (I know some of you like to pretend its more than that)...

With that said, I'm very impressed with what I've seen from the Treeman and I'm glad he is on the team.....

Is that enough Crow?
Crabs was very impressive and is obviously the best WR on the team. He reminds me a lot of Hines Ward--not a speedster but strong and a good route runner. Great hands to looks very natural catching the ball and attacks the ball.
didn't know where else to post this

It's happened. Plays: Crabtree 48, Morgan 38, Bruce 36. RT @wshaheen321 Do you think there is any chance of Isaac Bruce being downgraded?
It's funny reading faider fans' reactions.

"wait a minute, Crabtree has more catches and yards than DHB? I have messages for Al Davis and Coach Cable.

**** you and **** you!"
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 25, 2009 at 9:42 PM ]
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by teeohh:
didn't know where else to post this

It's happened. Plays: Crabtree 48, Morgan 38, Bruce 36. RT @wshaheen321 Do you think there is any chance of Isaac Bruce being downgraded?

HEY THATS ME! hahaahha
Share 49ersWebzone