LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Crabtree was amazingly impressive in his debut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Wait.....I thought that we didn't want this diva!!!

I thought we were a power running offense.

I thought Alex Smith could never throw 3 touchdowns in one half.

I thought we didn't have the O-line to run a spread offense.

I thought Singletary was too stubborn to abandon the "grind your running back into a hamburger" offense.

I thought a rookie WR would be crippled if he missed over 70 practices to start the season.

I thought Ray didn't know how to run a spread offense.

Wow, did we find out some things today.

This loss, was the closest thing to a victory I have ever felt without it actually being a victory.

I feel like everything I thought I ever knew is wrong.

I think I feel that this non-victory is not thought of as the loss I thought it would be.

Its bad, but its good. It hurts, but I'm happy!
He had four 3rd down catches, three went for 1st downs. Awesome. He has a feel for the 1st down marker. So many receivers don't.
I have to say, crabtree was very impressive for a Rook......I love me some crab right now..
Man, No wonder the Jets wanted this guy
Just think what he will be doing once he knows the system and has had a reasonable amount of prep time!
Crabtree does not resemble a rookie at all. I knew he was going to do well but I didn't think he would impact the game this way. I thought he was going to take a few screens downtown and get yardage that way. He earned every yard he got today and the only word I can think of to describe him is polished.
I think it was the first pass that he caught today, but did you see the moves he tried to put on the defenders around him? Of course he got caught and tackled right around the spot he caught the ball-------but that's not going to be the case EVERY time
Originally posted by B_Carmine:

The break to the sideline was super clean. The DB was looking right at him and had no chance.
I for did not think he should have started but permitted to play 15-20 plays. so i was wrong in that regard. I knew his ability to make plays but this is NFL so after today I came away really impressed. boy just has the knack to make plays. here's my suggestion: start J.Morgan, M. Crabtree, V.Davis and spread the shhh... out of opposing Defenses and then perhaps the running game can take flight.

Does anyone have a gif of that Crabtree catch that got called back because of Morgan?
The 22 yarder? I think that was the most impressive play he made.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Does anyone have a gif of that Crabtree catch that got called back because of Morgan?
The 22 yarder? I think that was the most impressive play he made.

Yes, please!
I called 3-5 rec for 50 - 60yrds did I.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
I for did not think he should have started but permitted to play 15-20 plays. so i was wrong in that regard. I knew his ability to make plays but this is NFL so after today I came away really impressed. boy just has the knack to make plays. here's my suggestion: start J.Morgan, M. Crabtree, V.Davis and spread the shhh... out of opposing Defenses and then perhaps the running game can take flight.

Let's hope
Originally posted by WINiner:
I knew the guy was good, but I was extremely impressed with his game considering all variables. I mean he's basically been out of football for nearly a year and only been in the building for a couple weeks.

I hope this is a sign of things to come. Dude's got some mitts on him. Absolutely attacks the ball with his hands. Very aggressive when catching the ball. I love it!!!

almost makes ya wish we would have just signed him from the get go eh?
Share 49ersWebzone