LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Vernon Davis needs his contract extended

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oscar:
Someone will eventually play a safety over the top of Davis or bracket him with a second LB on those seam/skinny post routes we run every single time in the Red Zone. Eventually, that route is going to bite us in the butt.

I guess now with Crabtree we can throw it to someone who will catch anything one-on-one on the outside.

Minnesota tried that twice..VD scored twice..lol
i dont know if anyone has mentioned it in here yet...

but Vernon Davis now leads the NFL in touchdown receptions...fun fact

everyone laughed at me when i took Davis as the first tight end off the board in both of my fantasy leagues, when he hasnt put up big numbers for me, he has been modestly solid..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:

Shhhh, we don't want no one to find out.

Thanks, islandink.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Oct 25, 2009 at 3:46 PM ]
And to believe he was once "Mr. Stone-Hands"....GOOD JOB AT IMPROVING VD!!!....YOU GOT MY VOTE!
Vernon Davis is a pro bowl lock right now. I fully expect him to get a well deserved extension in the off season and to get paid...again.

Well done VD
Originally posted by mayo63:
Quote:

Shhhh, we don't want know one to find out.

used the wrong "know/no" ;)

VD "Always Getting Better"
As he continues his very strong and impressive play he will. Vernon is a good player, he'll get his pay day extension.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Davis has 355 yards and 6 TDs on the year.

At his current pace, he'd finish with about: 945 yards, and 16 TDs.

I'm predicting around 900 yards with 11 TDs.

much more if AS remains QB
Someone will eventually play a safety over the top of Davis or bracket him with a second LB on those seam/skinny post routes we run every single time in the Red Zone. Eventually, that route is going to bite us in the butt.

I guess now with Crabtree we can throw it to someone who will catch anything one-on-one on the outside.

Took 3 guys to bring him down. like to see them try.

Hopefully, whoever our QB isn't dumb enough to force that throw. One of the ideas behind a pass-catching TE like Vernon Davis is to act as a decoy as well. When you have players and schemes committing to one player, that's a good thing for the offense, assuming you have other people that can step up.

And ON PAPER, we have playmakers that can and should step up... Crabtree... Morgan... Delanie Walker... Gore in the flats.

Originally posted by MaliCali:

everyone laughed at me when i took Davis as the first tight end off the board in both of my fantasy leagues, when he hasnt put up big numbers for me, he has been modestly solid..

word? i know shiancoe had 5
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wubbie:

Hopefully, whoever our QB isn't dumb enough to force that throw. One of the ideas behind a pass-catching TE like Vernon Davis is to act as a decoy as well. When you have players and schemes committing to one player, that's a good thing for the offense, assuming you have other people that can step up.

And ON PAPER, we have playmakers that can and should step up... Crabtree... Morgan... Delanie Walker... Gore in the flats.

Speaking of which, Gore was wide open at the end of the game. Alex didn't really look his way though, but he was at the other end of the field and not a 1st option. Can't get on Alex's case too much. If it wasn't for him, this would've been a complete embarrassment.

that helps our WR's on the outside and even Frank Gore on the underneath throws to get more yards.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Wheres krizay?
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by MaliCali:

word? i know shiancoe had 5

Davis with 6, Shiancoe had none today.
Share 49ersWebzone