LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

Maiocco: Singletary undecided on next week's starter at QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
He will announce Smith as the starter by tuesday

he needs to do that and figure out what to do at RT if Pashos is out. I think move Snyder back and start playing Wraage at RG. We need help on the OL bad if we want to win this year.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
um, if Sing starts Shuan Hill next week, I quit!

Or SING should be fired. And I really mean that BTW. Not just saying it and not exaggerating in any way.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Alex!
Random fact of the day...

Alex Smith's first career start was against the Colts and i think the most of us know how that went...Alex remembers...he'll want to come out and prove himself even more than he already should...

Start Alex
alex smith opens up our offense, case closed.

i'm not saying we're now superbowl contenders with him, but just take a look at the defense against alex and against shaun.

shaun hill = bump & run, man to man coverage with 9 in the box. this doesn't happen in the nfl consistently except against qb's who cannot throw the ball down the field

alex smith = a little bit of space, 2 deep safeties, 3 (sometimes 4, with vernon) wide looks

alex smith is going to open up the passing game and that will then help the running game. our offensive line still has major issues but i'm much more comfortable with alex.
Originally posted by GameOver:

Alex Smith's first career start was against the Colts and i think the most of us know how that went...Alex remembers...he'll want to come out and prove himself even more than he already should...

Start Alex

the guy i saw out there today didn't look anything like the alex smith of 2005. he looked confident, calm and ready to play. He has a far better arm than Hill and much more athletisicm. i pray he is the answer we have been looking for on the offense. the ol didn't play that well the entire game but they did seem to play a little better under smith who can move around and got rid of the ball when he needed to on plays that looked like hill would have been sacked.
I sure hope that this Singletary is just trying to keep the Colts guessing.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Oct 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM ]
Singletary will make the right call.
I want to see Alex Smith start and play well against the Packers.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Its way too early to make the call now. They will make the announcement on Tuesday i would think.

Sing knows what he's doing, everybody just relax.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by GameOver:

Start Alex

the guy i saw out there today didn't look anything like the alex smith of 2005. he looked confident, calm and ready to play. He has a far better arm than Hill and much more athletisicm. i pray he is the answer we have been looking for on the offense. the ol didn't play that well the entire game but they did seem to play a little better under smith who can move around and got rid of the ball when he needed to on plays that looked like hill would have been sacked.

Yeah, I mentioned his game against the Colts in another thread and remember how Manning called him after the game and told him to hang in there. I would love the potential revenge Alex could get and use that as some big time motivation to show Manning he finally belongs in this league if he has a good game. We may not pull this one out but to watch a shootout or slugfest with Indy would make my Sunday.
If A Smith isin't named the starter for next sunday vs Indi by Tues. morning I will be stunned. This is really a no brainer

S Hill has be horrible at QB most of this season
A Smith comes in trailing by 21 and looks very poised, minus that final throw, and throws 3 very nice TD passes to VD.

If Singlatary truely believes in playing who ever best gives this team a chance to win/compete week to week, then he has to start Smith next week based solely on his proformance today.

PS If i see A Battle back to return 1 more Punt this season I will
Singletary will be captain dumbf**k is he doesnt start Smith

I think he will start Hill, but yank Hill as soon as he makes a mistake or we go three and out
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Undecided? Dude doesn't a great game manager when he sees one? Hill all the way! Unless we can find a way to get Trent Dilfer back on our team.

do you have downs?
Share 49ersWebzone