LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Whatever happens at Indianapolis next week...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for B650.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
as of 2 weeks ago (too lazy to check now) colts are the number 1 team against the pass and bob sanders is back meaning they are good against the run i see us having no chance on both sides of the ball

Good test for Alex Smith then. If he plays well, or even decent, then I'm happy.

What we really need is for our run game to get going. It's a disaster this year.
Originally posted by B650:
Even if we lose in Indianapolis, the season looks good from here on out. What was our problem all year? Offense. We may have just found our solution. If we can put that offense together with our great defense, we are one dangerous team.

Most important of all, the future looks bright right about now. I couldn't say the same thing when Hill was in there.

I'd rather lose with the most talented guys we have. There's no shame in that. We put out our best players and best effort, and we lost. It happens. It's another thing to have your best guys on the bench. When Hill makes a mistake, I think, "Man, this is hopeless. We're wasting time. We're not going to develop him anyway. When Smith makes a mistake, I think, "It's OK. Smith is still young and learning. At least he has the talent, all he needs is some coaching and experience." With Smith in there, it's much easier to be a fan of this team.

That's exactly what my thinking as well.

When Hill makes a mistake, i just think about the next QB we're gonna draft and bring in. I'm more patient with Alex because it's in the best interests of the club if we don't have to draft another QB for another 10 years.

-9fA
stays in indianapolis
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Even though I am fully stoked at how Alex played, he would have to do it again and then some to beat the Colts. Manning looks better than ever, and that is scary. I saw flashes of brilliance out of Alex today like never before, even a drubbing by the Colts will not dim my new found hope.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
It is funny how this has come full circle. Alex Smith's first start as a rookie, he played the Colts. Alex Smith comes out and lights the Texans up, and his first start again in 2+ years......against the Colts.

Lets hope his fortunes are more positive this time around. If he plays like he did today, this team could surprise the Colts. The Colts have been traditionally bad against the 3-4 so lets hope that trend continues.

Go Smith! Go Niners!

Its funny because I was going to point that out as well. I guess I will throw in the Texans are the first team Smith got his TD against. We'll see what happens next week.

I don't know what to say about this team as far as a pass rush is concerned, because the only way to truly beat the Colts is to get after Peyton Manning. We have to beat him up, and we have to beat up those receivers. I'd also like to see Lawson covering Dallas Clark. On the offensive side of the ball, go 3 and 4 wide and spread the ball out. Some initial success will allow Gore to some space to run wild.

It may seem impossible, but it can be done. The Colts have to lose at some point. Why not next week? If Oakland can be Philly, we can upset Indy. Any given Sunday. Go Niners.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It is funny how this has come full circle. Alex Smith's first start as a rookie, he played the Colts. Alex Smith comes out and lights the Texans up, and his first start again in 2+ years......against the Colts.

Lets hope his fortunes are more positive this time around. If he plays like he did today, this team could surprise the Colts. The Colts have been traditionally bad against the 3-4 so lets hope that trend continues.

Go Smith! Go Niners!

Its funny because I was going to point that out as well. I guess I will throw in the Texans are the first team Smith got his TD against. We'll see what happens next week.

I don't know what to say about this team as far as a pass rush is concerned, because the only way to truly beat the Colts is to get after Peyton Manning. We have to beat him up, and we have to beat up those receivers. I'd also like to see Lawson covering Dallas Clark. On the offensive side of the ball, go 3 and 4 wide and spread the ball out. Some initial success will allow Gore to some space to run wild.

It may seem impossible, but it can be done. The Colts have to lose at some point. Why not next week? If Oakland can be Philly, we can upset Indy. Any given Sunday. Go Niners.

I was gonna bring up the same thing. Alex got thrown to the wolves completely underdeveloped vs. Indy his first year. Hopefully it is something that can inspire him.
Originally posted by 190836:
I hate to say this, but its going to be ugly.

I agree. The defense is going to give up some big points. It's just not that good.
Hopefully we can keep Peyton on the sidelines with some long time consuming drives, but I rather doubt it, so we will need to be prepared to trade TDs with the Colts.

I just hope Sing doesn't go all stupid on us and start Hill again.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
We'll probably finish 7-9 but hopefully Smith shows he can be the guy
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Doubt it. If we beat Arizona, Seattle, Detroit, and Jacksonville, that would give us 7 wins alone. Tennesee, Chicago, and at St. Louis are very winnable games as well. I think the schedule says that we'll have a minimum record of 8-8 or 9-7.

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for blunt_probe.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I cannot handle another 7-9 season. This is '09 not '06, I expect playoffs damn it!
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Go Smith! Go Niners!

It's destiny. Someone start writing the script for the movie.

If he wins, it'd be a perfect ending for the script.

-9fA
Oh this is some real bulls**t that is going right now. After Alex Smith carved up the Texans D who hadn't given up but 3 points in the 2nd half of the last 3 games we CAN beat the Colts. They are not that good honestly. I am going to say we win 38-28
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Oh this is some real bulls**t that is going right now. After Alex Smith carved up the Texans D who hadn't given up but 3 points in the 2nd half of the last 3 games we CAN beat the Colts. They are not that good honestly. I am going to say we win 38-28

that made me laugh

Manning is gonna rip us to shreds, we will beat the Titans, be 4-4 and all we can do is hope the Cards and Seahawks can lose.
Hey the Colts have to lose at some point right? They're not gonna go undefeated...

In all seriousness, I just hope we don't get blown out...
Share 49ersWebzone