There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Whatever happens at Indianapolis next week...

Obviously Alex played like a man on fire today, so he should start next week. Now we are playing the Colts who are arguably the best team in the NFL. If we should get blown out, it in no way will be Smith's, or any other QB's fault who starts. If Smith does start next week, I think the Colts game should be a freebey for him. We can't expect him to go out and beat Peyton Manning. If he has a solid game and throws another 3 TD's but we still lose 48-21 then that is ok in my book. Only THIS game though. Our team as a whole is not on the same level as the Colts. I've already accepted that we will be 3-4 after next week and I think a lot of other people have too. But anyway I will be praying for a miracle and hope the Colts have an "off" week. Go Niners!
  • crzy
  • Veteran
No pressure next week. We're going to probably be 10 point underdogs.

Being 3-4 is okay. We just have to finish 6-3. 9-7 makes the playoffs.
No freebies or "feel good" losses. We better WIN.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Not a chance in hell we win against Peyton - Just not going to happen. We can continue to make good progress - Alex needs to have a solid game and keep us in it. I have been saying 9-7 I still believe that - 10-6 possible though alot more likely with Alex and the Offense being opened up that is for damn sure
Originally posted by Sugatis:

Not a chance in hell we win against Peyton - Just not going to happen. We can continue to make good progress - Alex needs to have a solid game and keep us in it. I have been saying 9-7 I still believe that - 10-6 possible though alot more likely with Alex and the Offense being opened up that is for damn sure

Any given Sunday. I don't know how we can expect 9-7 is enough with Arizona coming back. It's desperation time now IMO, and we need to stop this skid now.
Why can't we beat the Colts? After Smith's performance today I doubt the Colts are going to get that crazy and pack 8 in the box with their so-so secondary. We should be able to run the ball on them, our defense is good enough to produce a stop here and there, and if offense plays well, we won't allow Peyton to have the ball that much. (just like MIA did)

Any given Sunday. I don't know how we can expect 9-7 is enough with Arizona coming back. It's desperation time now IMO, and we need to stop this skid now.

Any Given Sunday except the day you are playing Peyton. That dude is to good and we are not going to be able to get near enough pressure to beat him and that is the only way to beat him btw.
One thing is for sure: we better spread the offense. 3 and outs against the Colts is pure suicide.
I hate to say this, but its going to be ugly.

Any Given Sunday except the day you are playing Peyton. That dude is to good and we are not going to be able to get near enough pressure to beat him and that is the only way to beat him btw.
I don't care who it is. We should NOT have a mentality like we're going to lose. Upsets happen, and maybe it's about time we get one.

Disagree. Every team can be beat. With luck, ofcourse, because we're still not there to compete with the elite teams. And the Colts are unlikely to go undefeated, so why not us?
[ Edited by ninerball on Oct 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM ]
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Why can't we beat the Colts? After Smith's performance today I doubt the Colts are going to get that crazy and pack 8 in the box with their so-so secondary. We should be able to run the ball on them, our defense is good enough to produce a stop here and there, and if offense plays well, we won't allow Peyton to have the ball that much. (just like MIA did)

Yea but Miami still lost though because Peyton can score on one or two plays at will. Time oof Possession doesn't matter when you play the Colts.
  • XaNaDu
  • Info N/A
I actually think it'll be a closer game than many are assuming. Indy does not have a great D, they win with their O. The way we played on O today opened up a lot more oppertunities for the run game to show up. Until we get a good o-line, we just have to be a pass first team and you know it's there.
the colts are elite, our defense will have their hands full trying to stop manning
Originally posted by ninerball:

Disagree. Every team can be beat. With luck, ofcourse, because we're still not there to compete with the elite teams. And the Colts are unlikely to go undefeated, so why not us?

Hey I will be at the bar with my - err well have to decide on teh Jersey ( Alex - leading the pack - Frank - Vernon or P Willis Jersey on just like every other loyal fan and the team will be going in expecting to win but win I do the Fantasy pick em league - I am going with Indy - Happy to be wrong but being a realist is okay.

Again we have no Pass Rush the only way to beat Peyton is to make him move those recievers are too good and we give QB's way to much time - that said Spread the Offense and keep him off the field with ALEX SMITH then we may have a shot!