Nice numbers from 3 Wrs and Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
More SPREAD PLEASE!!!!
Originally posted by greywolf447:
More SPREAD PLEASE!!!!

SPREAD 'EM!!!

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM ]
Originally posted by ION2814:
We actually started to use the spread formation. here's to hoping we pass more often next week and it doesn't take a 21-0 deficit to open up the playbook.

Originally posted by teeohh:
i'm excited for crabtree

Same here. Kid is the real deal.
Good even ball distribution.

IMO, i believe our strength is in our WRs. It's not the running game because the line has been playing so poorly.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Good even ball distribution.

IMO, i believe our strength is in our WRs. It's not the running game because the line has been playing so poorly.

-9fA

Yeah but during the second half there were some good runs because of the spread. Hopefully we learn from the film of this game.
If Alex starts next week they have to activate Brandon Jones and Jason Hill plus try one of them at punt returner because Battle isn't getting it done.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
No doubt in my mind, we'd probably of won this game for sure if Smith started, and there's a good chance Crabs could have had a TD early on in the game.

Smith did well, but said after the game he thought he was able to be successful because the Texans were playing soft defense with their lead.

Its like how everyone was so excited by our pass rush the first three weeks, but it helped playing old(er) QBs.

He did well, but now a defense knows how to game plan against us/Smith.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Let's get Brandon Jones in there instead of Bruce, then we will have a very dangerous offense.

Crabtree, Morgan, and VD, all had great games. Hopefully this game will open up our running game more, and if Smith keeps this up

actually, i was thinking jayson hill. Hill is much faster than bruce, and jones and has shown flashes of great playmaking. Crabbs, Morgan, Hill, and bruce is a phenomenal 4 wide combo, then supplant bruce for on the 21 formation.
I am happy for Alex and how well he played if anyone deserves a second chance at being a starter in the NFL it is Alex.

If Alex does start and plays well the rest of the season (well being min 60% completion avg., 200-250 yards a game more TD’s then Int’s) then I will believe we have a QB. I just cannot jump on the band wagon after a half of football.

Indy’s defense will be much tougher especially with Sanders back.

Let's get Brandon Jones in there instead of Bruce, then we will have a very dangerous offense.

Crabtree, Morgan, and VD, all had great games. Hopefully this game will open up our running game more, and if Smith keeps this up

I second that. Bruce is a legend but he is done.

Our starting receivers should be Crabtree, Morgan, and Jones. Throw Davis into the mix with Bruce and Hill backing up then we have something that we can really use move the ball through the air.

On another note, our offensive line has always been better suited for pass blocking. Since loosing Larry Allen and J. Jennings, we simply don't have the beef up front to be a power running team.

Formula for success on offense: Smith, Crabtree, Morgan, Jones, VD, Gore, and a shotgun formation.

I agree, Bruce is done.. Besides Smith has the arm to get the ball deep to Jones.
Share 49ersWebzone