There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who Will Start @ QB For SF Next Week

Who Will Start @ QB For SF Next Week

He obviously showed he has playmaking ability, be nice to see him start rather than have to fight from 21 down off the bench again, it's time for Smith to start and allow him to grow with the offense, Shaun Hill should be the #2 the rest of the way.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
He obviously showed he has playmaking ability, be nice to see him start rather than have to fight from 21 down off the bench again, it's time for Smith to start and allow him to grow with the offense, Shaun Hill should be the #2 the rest of the way.

im glad to see people acsually want to FREE ALEX!!!!!!!
I said at the beginning of the season that I felt Hill would have initial success only to struggle by mid season. It's really not that surprising. He was good at first and enjoyed success along with good speeches from sing and all the emotions of camp, etc. Eventually all of that goes away and you have to go out there and perform and you need TALENT.
If Singletary starts Shuan Hill next week he clearly does not want to win.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Who ever thinks Hill should be the starter is a moron. We need to sink or swim with Alex. He's still only 25, and has alot of football ahead of him. If he plays well the rest of the way, extend his contract or let him play out the last year of his contract and then decide after that. But, we must find out what we got in Alex. I'm just glad it's finally happening.

This.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Who ever thinks Hill should be the starter is a moron. We need to sink or swim with Alex. He's still only 25, and has alot of football ahead of him. If he plays well the rest of the way, extend his contract or let him play out the last year of his contract and then decide after that. But, we must find out what we got in Alex. I'm just glad it's finally happening.

This.

Yep.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
If Singletary starts Shuan Hill next week he clearly does not want to win.

This too. And he's a bigger moron than I originally thought. Singletary would actually restore some faith I have in him if he starts Alex the rest of the way.
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL.

97%

to

3%

so far. What I want to know is who are these 3%?...

Hillusionists.

After all, Hill only had one and a half bad games.

The OL isn't giving him enough time to block. It's all about time.

The OL played better when Alex was in for some reason. That's not Hill's fault.

Crabtree was just starting out in the 1st half and didn't know much. He got it together in the 2nd half, and thus, Alex greatly benefit. If Hill was playing in the 2nd half, Hill would've destroyed Houston as well.

I could go on and on.

lol its funnny alex smith has more reasons why he did bad and are acually more legit and yet peeple mark them up as excuses but when it happens to hill they seem legit
It's because Hill had shown actual production before, so he was given slack. The Alex we saw today was nothing like how he used to be.


What does everyone expect last time we saw him he was 23 coming off an ok sophmore season. When did Hill look good? one or two drives this year ? the team isn't 28th on O because Hill has shown production. It's a long way to go before Smith is out of the woods , hell he may be back on the bench next week.

Hill looked good in '07 and '08. Before today, Alex had never shown he could top Hill when it came to decision making and having pocket presence in any of those performances. Now that he has, he deserves to be a starter without a doubt.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 25, 2009 at 5:15 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,892
I 100% guarantee that Smith will start next week or Mike will have the fans after him. No way you can not play Smith after that, even though I have been a Hill supporter... This game was not the old Alex Smith, dude played very impressive!
I know that I want to see Smith in there against the Colts next Sunday because we've got no chance otherwise.
Seriously... Is this poll even neccesary?? Shaun Hill had 5 1/2 games grab the QB spot, but he didn't. The only surprise is that Sing waited this long to stick Hill on the bench where he belongs

The 49ers offense looked entirely different and way better with Smith at QB.

It's Smith's job now.

Go Niners!!
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL.

97%

to

3%

so far. What I want to know is who are these 3%?...

Hillusionists.

After all, Hill only had one and a half bad games.

The OL isn't giving him enough time to block. It's all about time.

The OL played better when Alex was in for some reason. That's not Hill's fault.

Crabtree was just starting out in the 1st half and didn't know much. He got it together in the 2nd half, and thus, Alex greatly benefit. If Hill was playing in the 2nd half, Hill would've destroyed Houston as well.

I could go on and on.

lol its funnny alex smith has more reasons why he did bad and are acually more legit and yet peeple mark them up as excuses but when it happens to hill they seem legit
It's because Hill had shown actual production before, so he was given slack. The Alex we saw today was nothing like how he used to be.


What does everyone expect last time we saw him he was 23 coming off an ok sophmore season. When did Hill look good? one or two drives this year ? the team isn't 28th on O because Hill has shown production. It's a long way to go before Smith is out of the woods , hell he may be back on the bench next week.

Hill looked good in '07 and '08. Before today, Alex had never shown he could top Hill when it came to decision making and having pocket presence in any of those performances. Now that he has, he deserves to be a starter without a doubt.

I agree , and unfortunately it takes time for these guys to develop and me just like everyone else are impatient, let's hope he can build on the best half of his career
3td through the air, all in one half. Let me tell you, i'd take 3td's & 1 int per game if we averaged 21pts through the air, without even including Gore and our running game.
AHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA



I love how everyone has been b*tching all season about how bad our O line is, and how shaun hill gets no time blahblahblah.

A quarterback who can actually throw the ball like a human should comes in and people are still saying "doh, why is the line playing so much better for Alex"..

They didnt all of a sudden just get better at blocking, they actually have someone who can make plays when given time. Pressure or no pressure, Shaun hill couldnt make consistent plays. When pressured, Alex showed he has actual ATHLETIC ABILITY, and can make something out of it. When not pressured, well i guess his play spoke for itself.

Im not saying Alex is really all that good, he is just so much fkn better than Hill its a joke. I was jumping for joy at the start of the third quarter, and thankfully his play backed up my expectations. Feels good to have an arm behind center again, now i can start looking forward to niner games knowing i wont be gauges out my eyes watching our offense
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM ]
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
3td through the air, all in one half. Let me tell you, i'd take 3td's & 1 int per game if we averaged 21pts through the air, without even including Gore and our running game.

you and me both, like others have said this is the first time on Offense they looked like they actually belonged in the NFL all year