Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL.

97%

to

3%

so far. What I want to know is who are these 3%?...

Hillusionists.

After all, Hill only had one and a half bad games.

The OL isn't giving him enough time to block. It's all about time.

The OL played better when Alex was in for some reason. That's not Hill's fault.

Crabtree was just starting out in the 1st half and didn't know much. He got it together in the 2nd half, and thus, Alex greatly benefit. If Hill was playing in the 2nd half, Hill would've destroyed Houston as well.

I could go on and on.

lol its funnny alex smith has more reasons why he did bad and are acually more legit and yet peeple mark them up as excuses but when it happens to hill they seem legit
It's because Hill had shown actual production before, so he was given slack. The Alex we saw today was nothing like how he used to be.

He played well in 2006.

No, he didn't. That was Gore's year through and through. 16 TDs and 16 INT is not impressive. That year he gave us hope he'd get better, but he didn't play well.

Try to look past the numbers. Remember, that was only his 2nd year. Besides, Hill only has 5 TD passes this year and that puts him on pace for less than 16 TDs. I'm just happy Smith is the QB.
LOL.

97%

to

3%

Hillusionists.

Crabtree was just starting out in the 1st half and didn't know much. He got it together in the 2nd half, and thus, Alex greatly benefit. If Hill was playing in the 2nd half, Hill would've destroyed Houston as well.

I could go on and on.

lol its funnny alex smith has more reasons why he did bad and are acually more legit and yet peeple mark them up as excuses but when it happens to hill they seem legit
It's because Hill had shown actual production before, so he was given slack. The Alex we saw today was nothing like how he used to be.

He played well in 2006.

No, he didn't. That was Gore's year through and through. 16 TDs and 16 INT is not impressive. That year he gave us hope he'd get better, but he didn't play well.

Try to look past the numbers. Remember, that was only his 2nd year. Besides, Hill only has 5 TD passes this year and that puts him on pace for less than 16 TDs. I'm just happy Smith is the QB.

That's what I'm saying. He didn't play great, but he gave us hope. When Hill showed up, he played better than Alex had at that point. Of course, now none of this matters, I'm all for who gives us the best chance to win.
LOL.

97%

to

3%

Hillusionists.

I could go on and on.

He played well in 2006.

I have said for along time if Norv had never left he would be a totally different QB. This is his second chance and hopefully he makes the most of it.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I have been 100% Hill supporter, but after watching the 2nd half of this game today. I will gladly eat crow and call for Smith to be our starter.

No question.
Originally posted by BHulman:
LOL.

97%

to

3%

Hillusionists.

I could go on and on.

He played well in 2006.

He did. That has been what has really bothered me; all the revisionist history that has gone on since Alex got hurt. But I will be the first to admit, that was the best I ever saw him play.

Alex did play well in 2006. But today was a whole different Alex. In 2006 Smith just did what he was assigned to do. Manage the game, don't make to many mistakes, and make a play here and there.

Today: Smith was a playMAKER. He was a different QB who showed leadership, poise, and took command. Now we just need to see more of it.
LOL.

97%

to

3%

Hillusionists.

I could go on and on.

He played well in 2006.

In comparison to his rookie year, he did play well. Throwing 15 more touchdowns than you did in your rookie year is big.
FREE ALEX
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
LOL.

97%

to

3%

Hillusionists.

I could go on and on.

He played well in 2006.

In comparison to his rookie year, he did play well. Throwing 15 more touchdowns than you did in your rookie year is big.

Today he was scanning the field and firing passes like a veteran. Maybe he's just maturing.
Originally posted by LBCniner:
FREE ALEX
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

That's why I say he gave us hope, but he didn't play well. That year we still had problems getting 1st downs, and really had no offense except for Gore.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Who ever thinks Hill should be the starter is a moron. We need to sink or swim with Alex. He's still only 25, and has alot of football ahead of him. If he plays well the rest of the way, extend his contract or let him play out the last year of his contract and then decide after that. But, we must find out what we got in Alex. I'm just glad it's finally happening.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Who ever thinks Hill should be the starter is a moron. We need to sink or swim with Alex. He's still only 25, and has alot of football ahead of him. If he plays well the rest of the way, extend his contract or let him play out the last year of his contract and then decide after that. But, we must find out what we got in Alex. I'm just glad it's finally happening.

Well said. Alex Smith gives us the best chance to win right now and we also have to find out if he is our long term starter. We've stuck this long with this kid and now that he is coming of a great half of football, you have to leave him in there.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
LOL.

97%

to

3%

Hillusionists.

I could go on and on.

What does everyone expect last time we saw him he was 23 coming off an ok sophmore season. When did Hill look good? one or two drives this year ? the team isn't 28th on O because Hill has shown production. It's a long way to go before Smith is out of the woods , hell he may be back on the bench next week.
99% to 1%

lol
Originally posted by mayo63:

I agree that is a great way of putting it.. either way he gives us a deep ball threat and more mobility... also looks like his decison making is improving