There are 301 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who Will Start @ QB For SF Next Week

Who Will Start @ QB For SF Next Week

Now blow it up!

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Who is Shuan Hill? Is he a Fried of Axel Thims?
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Now blow it up!

Nelson Mandela was once asked about how he felt about being locked up in prison for so long; about whether he was bitter.

He said, no!? In a surprised manner.

Because he utilized the time PREPARING!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Now blow it up!

Nelson Mandela was once asked about how he felt about being locked up in prison for so long; about whether he was bitter.

He said, no!? In a surprised manner.

Because he utilized the time PREPARING!

hahaha
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
If I remember correctly, when Hill and Smith were going through the "QB competition" in TC, some thought it would be wise to name Hill the starter. He played well at the end of last season--some even said he got Singletary the HC job--and had all the "intangibles" going for him at the time.

Plus there was the thought that if A. Smith was named starter, and fell on his face, it would be totally disasterous for him, but naming Hill would give Smith more time to assimilate the offense and get ready should he be needed--and most thought he'd be needed sooner or later b/c of injury or lack of production.

I don't know if Singletary and the coaching staff thought through all of the above, but it sure seems to be playing out that way. Singletary let it be known that Hill was on a short leash after the Atl game. No real surprise that he made the change today.

I don't think its a complete coincidence that Smith looked so good during the first game that Crabtree starts. That guy's a vacuum at WR.

So now we've got a potential "franchise" QB, a true No. 1 WR, and a TE who's a real threat. Game on!

Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL.

97%

to

3%

so far. What I want to know is who are these 3%?...

Hillusionists.

After all, Hill only had one and a half bad games.

The OL isn't giving him enough time to block. It's all about time.

The OL played better when Alex was in for some reason. That's not Hill's fault.

Crabtree was just starting out in the 1st half and didn't know much. He got it together in the 2nd half, and thus, Alex greatly benefit. If Hill was playing in the 2nd half, Hill would've destroyed Houston as well.

I could go on and on.

This must be sarcasim... Alex came in and threw 3 TD's... Has Shaun Hill ever done that?
Shaun Hill last 6 quarters: 21/49 243 yards 0 td 1 int.

Alex Smith last 2 quarters: 15/22 206 yards 3 td 1 int....

Shouldn't be a very hard decision. Especially with the addition of Crabtree. You don't spend money like that to not get him the ball.
Who's the 1 percent that voted for Shaun Hill? I didn't know he visited this site.
Whether smith stuggles or not, we gotta stick with him for the rest of the year. We truley need to find out what we have in him. He hasent had many opportunities.
Originally posted by solidg2000:

ROFL, I didn't expect it to be this lopsided.
My goodness. 99%.

Yeah. He's starting.

Quote:
Vernon Davis

Q: What kind of chemistry do you have with Alex Smith?

Davis: "Yes, we had a lot of chemistry me and Alex. We haven't been working together but still have chemistry. Me and Alex always had chemistry no matter what, whether he's practicing or not."

Q: Were you surprised by Alex's play?

Davis: "I wasn't surprised, I knew what he was going to do."
Originally posted by Antix:
Is this even a question?

Raye said himself the offense needs intermediate to deep routes to be completed in order for the running game to be opened up. Hill doesn't have the arm for the offense to be successful.

Smith HAS to start if we want any chance to beat INDY.

I'm normally pretty positive when it comes to the game on Sunday but, this time I don't think we have a chance. It's really the first time this year I haven't expected the Niners to win on Sunday. I hope I'm wrong, and everyone can call me an idiot come 1:30 next Sunday afternoon.
I want to see Alex start to see if he can continue to play well against a better team. I don't know though...seeing Indy...they are just too much I think. Sure, they've played some bad teams, but they just look unstoppable. We better go back in time and bring back the '89 team.
Hill is done as a starter. Can't have "Mr. Noodle" out there with all these weapons. Alex won 7 Games with NO TALENT.... Let's see what he can do with. A great plus is Alex is healthy and will now have a STABLE OFFENSIVE CORDINATOR!!!!

Hill is an awesome teamate and leader, but who really thought he could take us anywhere with that arm? I sure didn't! It was refreshing to see what our offense did in the second half. Coach isn't afraid to shake things up and a OC that isn't stubborn and is willing to adapt!