There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pro Bowl for Vernon Davis?

And Boomer looks like a fantasy guru for insterting Davis into his starting lineup this week.
yes, no question.
I really like his chances to make the Pro Bowl. VD has been a consistent force for us and Crabs presence out the will only make him better.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Tony Gonzales and Celek are his competition.

I believe Vernon will make it.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
He's having a very good year. But there's other good TE's in the NFC, like Shiancoe.

I just fear for stupid fans who will vote for Shockey and Witten based on their names.

If he keeps putting up TDs, he will get in. 6 TDs in 6 games is very good for anybody.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
He will make it on name recognition alone.

I didn't know Vernon had name recognition.

he does now
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
Funny thing is - he doesn't look that impressive to me. He lumbers out into his route and jumps into the air and catches the ball in his breadbasket almost every time. He doesn't break tackles or get many YAC either. He drops passes too.

How does he keep getting TD catches? Could it be Raye has schemed him well?
Originally posted by King49er:

he does now

Fantasy football gets you recognition. Only problem is idiot Cowboy and Vikings fans may stuff the ballot boxes for Witten and Visanthe Shiancoe.
I think just about every TD has been the same play. Maybe they should send that play to the pro bowl.

a lot of people know who VD is
Originally posted by Pogity:
Funny thing is - he doesn't look that impressive to me. He lumbers out into his route and jumps into the air and catches the ball in his breadbasket almost every time. He doesn't break tackles or get many YAC either. He drops passes too.

he broke a tackle to get the first td i believe...
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
I think just about every TD has been the same play. Maybe they should send that play to the pro bowl.

Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I think he will be a big target for Alex Smith, so I like his chances

93 yards and 3 touchdowns today!

Today helped his chances

Originally posted by Pogity:

His routes look good. IDK what you mean. The second TD was a great route. Sold the flats then turned back up the seam. Great route by a TE. He's not a WR. Having Crabtree on the field and producing will only help the both of them.