There are 43 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dear Mike Singletary....

Hi, this is the 49er fans here. You know, when Mike Nolan was fired and you took over as interim head coach, things really seemed promising. You came in and lit a fire under our players, you made Mike Martz tone down and simplify the offense to suit our players' strengths, and you showed this team and it's fans what leadership is. For that, we thank you.

BUT...even though those things you did were kind of nice to see for once, it's not enough. Just screaming "I want winners" and "We're going to hit them in the mouth" doesn't prove anything and sure isn't pumping morale into this team right now. You made a HORRIBLE call in hiring Jimmy Raye. So bad that I almost miss Jim Hostler. Our defense is visibly tired of being on the field so long, as they were two years ago under Hostler. WHY DON"T YOU DO SOMETHING? Talk to Jimmy Raye and tell him to open up the offense. It's so damn predictable that most high school coaches can defend it.

If you think this is a little harsh, we as the 49er faithful apologize. But something needs to be done to stop the bleeding. Hell, it's starting to hemorrhage. Just MAKE IT STOP.

You can make Jimmy Raye call better plays. It's too vanilla. DO IT.

Sincerely,
the fans.
Originally posted by Mantastic25:
Hi, this is the 49er fans here. You know, when Mike Nolan was fired and you took over as interim head coach, things really seemed promising. You came in and lit a fire under our players, you made Mike Martz tone down and simplify the offense to suit our players' strengths, and you showed this team and it's fans what leadership is. For that, we thank you.

BUT...even though those things you did were kind of nice to see for once, it's not enough. Just screaming "I want winners" and "We're going to hit them in the mouth" doesn't prove anything and sure isn't pumping morale into this team right now. You made a HORRIBLE call in hiring Jimmy Raye. So bad that I almost miss Jim Hostler. Our defense is visibly tired of being on the field so long, as they were two years ago under Hostler. WHY DON"T YOU DO SOMETHING? Talk to Jimmy Raye and tell him to open up the offense. It's so damn predictable that most high school coaches can defend it.

If you think this is a little harsh, we as the 49er faithful apologize. But something needs to be done to stop the bleeding. Hell, it's starting to hemorrhage. Just MAKE IT STOP.

You can make Jimmy Raye call better plays. It's too vanilla. DO IT.

Sincerely,
the fans.

im sorry but jim hostler is an upgrade over jimmy raye, don't sell hostler that short.
Could have used one of the other threads for this.