There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BRINGS TEARS TO ME EYES !!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by hardcore49er:
Good thing for us NFL didnt have Challenges back then or it WOULD have gone another way regarding Jerrys catch.

Actually, no..........unless they were playing according to replay rules from 2007.

I remember they did a piece on that game the following year, and Madden pointed out that even if replay was implemented the call would not have been reversed as Jerry was called down by contact. Also, until current rules, you could not challenge a call that the ball was fumbled and recovered by the other team; only if the call went viceversa, you could only reverse that the ball had not been fumbled to begin with.

And btw, some of the old timers here wont forget the 95 Divsional against GB where Plummer? picked up a fumble by EJ Henderson and returned it for a TD, only for it to be nullified by the refs that it was never fumbled to begin with....

GREAT OBSERVATION...See my post, i said the same thing....how easily people forget

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
That game will always be tainted in my eyes because of the Rice fumble.

we were screwed so many more times
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Every team gets screwed now and again. Diverting the attention elsewhere doesn't change the fact that Rice fumbled. You can go back and review a game and find a ton of holding penalties that weren't called, contact 5+ years down the field, etc...but this was a blatant fumble that wouldn't have held up under the instant replay standards of today.

We still won the game and Young made a great pass to TO (who also made a great catch), but it's hard for me to get excited about a game that we won due to such a blatant error at such a critical point of the game.

Yup, Steve said so himself: "As far as I'm concerned, they owed us one."
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by MadMartz:

This ranks up there too with Niner moments!

+1 was my most recent and greatest moment as a 20 year old Niner Fan

I agree, but I also knew there was no way we had a shot at beating the Bucs after that game. Kind of a buzz killer.

that was CRAZY!! I had a house full of people over. I ended up falling asleep during the first half after we started getting our ass kicked. Only to wake up when everyone in the house started with the "Oh s**t, the niners are coming back!!" Although, you gotta admit. On that last play, pass interference should of been called.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Man, i had so much hope after that season.

-9fA

Besides the 1994 NFC Championship against Dallas, this is my 2nd happiest memory in Niner history....................

Damn brings tears to my eyes
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Besides the 1994 NFC Championship against Dallas, this is my 2nd happiest memory in Niner history....................

Aww man I saw Reggie Roby in there. Guy died too soon.

ROBY was the punter for TB

White...is the DE....
Originally posted by ads_2006:

That was a good win but every time I think of that game I think about Darrent Williams.
After that one play, T.O. went from a "yes sir" guy, to a "me first" guy.
How long it's been since we were good. What is it 7 years now and nothing to show for it?
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Good times!!!!
I remember hearing from this kid in 95 how he got Steve's autograph outside training camp... I think his name was JT O'sullivan. He ended up backing up Gio carmazzi on my HS football team. Then took the reigns and ran the table. Go figure.
  • ZRF80

Every team gets screwed now and again. Diverting the attention elsewhere doesn't change the fact that Rice fumbled. You can go back and review a game and find a ton of holding penalties that weren't called, contact 5+ years down the field, etc...but this was a blatant fumble that wouldn't have held up under the instant replay standards of today.

We still won the game and Young made a great pass to TO (who also made a great catch), but it's hard for me to get excited about a game that we won due to such a blatant error at such a critical point of the game.

You dont need to divert attention somewhere else. Missed calls are part of the game. It happens every week. Sure, the refs botched. But as you said, Im sure there were plenty of calls that went one way or another during the course of the game that shouldnt have. The point is that the call didnt necessarily "screw" the Packers. The Niners had a long way to go, and the Packers couldve ended it multiple times............but they didnt, and the Niners won.