There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Heart warming Davis story

“I thought that was a genuine thing that he could convert the whole house that was mostly Dallas fans,” Davis said.

http://blog.49ers.com/2009/10/24/davis-blessed-to-meet-his-biggest-fan/
This is the biggest thing that Davis has done as a 49er. Kudos to you Mr. Davis I am impressed for once. Who`d of thought it would be for something you did off the field though. Keep it up!

I agree, I even left this comment on the article and I never do that.
Vernon Davis has almost become a completely different person within the past year, it's almost scary.

During interviews, on/off the field, he doesn't have that 'egotistical' presence to himself the way he used to (that inflection/body language where he acted as if he was above everybody else and full of his own s**t).

Leadership, honor, and trust (bestowed upon by coach Sing) has molded Davis into a respectful/classy human being.
Davis is gonna go off!!!!! So he can give this kid a touchdown ball. Guarantee it!!
A very nice, positive story. Say what you want about Davis, but I've always thought he was a very good person in his heart.
Damn my eyes are acting up. Must be something in my eye. Allergies, that's it. I'm allergic to touching stories. Good on the boys to go visit this kid. Poor guy has had brain cancer AND leukemia? Wow, what a heavy cross for the parents to carry.
Good stuff.
that was very touching. poor kid. atleast vernon was able to make one of his dreams come true. good job vernon
it would f**k with my head seeing sick kids like that. Good job VD.
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Good stuff.
Definitely a moving story....I hope seeing his favorite team play brightens the boys day and keeps him as upbeat as he seems! Lets get it for him Davis!
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Good stuff.
That was an awesome thing that Vernon did, I'm really proud of him for becoming a great person and a good teammate and realizing more of his potential on the field. That kid is awesome too, converting a bunch of cowboys fans into niners fans, making them see the light.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Vernon Davis has almost become a completely different person within the past year, it's almost scary.

During interviews, on/off the field, he doesn't have that 'egotistical' presence to himself the way he used to (that inflection/body language where he acted as if he was above everybody else and full of his own s**t).

Leadership, honor, and trust (bestowed upon by coach Sing) has molded Davis into a respectful/classy human being.

I think Sing has helped him glimpse into a realm in which he has never seen before.

Yes, I agree with you, he is changed.
Wow what a story ------ this kid is one very special fan and he converts his whole texas family into 49ER fans. Kudos to Davis and the other 49ER players who brightened this fans day. Great story.