LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 387 users in the forums

Sings power running game after 5 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We rank 26th in the league in rush att(126)yet we are ranked 16th in yards(106. 2 yds a game). Without Frank Gore those numbers are very impressive to me!
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I see no power and I see no running game.

second that.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by Nyner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dude gore has been out not only our best RB but our besy offensive player where the hell have you been?

OH!.....that explains everything.....give me a break....lol

Are you serious? Your starting running back being out with a rookie taking his place doesnt explain anything to you?

Besides those to two long runs by Gore he has been pretty much shut down. Even Rookie Rbs can run through holes if the line can actually block anyone.

You cannot possibly say that Gore has been shut down. He played in 2 games, and accumulated 300 yards from scrimmage over them with 4 touchdowns. Maybe you should look into what you are talking about before you start into it Ratto Jr.

Ok dude here are Gore's running stats

39 carries with 241 yards, that 6.2 yards a carry

However you take way those two long runs of 80 and 79 yards, thats 159 yards on two carries

That leaves his stats at 37 carries with 82 yards, thats 2.2 yards a carry

So before you start calling people names actually know what the heck your talking about.

But wait once more. Take away those other 37 plays and he has 0 yards!!! Scary though.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
dude gore has been out not only our best RB but our besy offensive player where the hell have you been?

Are you serious? Your starting running back being out with a rookie taking his place doesnt explain anything to you?

Besides those to two long runs by Gore he has been pretty much shut down. Even Rookie Rbs can run through holes if the line can actually block anyone.

You cannot possibly say that Gore has been shut down. He played in 2 games, and accumulated 300 yards from scrimmage over them with 4 touchdowns. Maybe you should look into what you are talking about before you start into it Ratto Jr.

However you take way those two long runs of 80 and 79 yards, thats 159 yards on two carries

So before you start calling people names actually know what the heck your talking about.

But wait once more. Take away those other 37 plays and he has 0 yards!!! Scary though.

No Kidding! Why would you deduct any runs? How about this, If you deduct the 37 carries he is avg 79.5 yds per rush and 2 TDs on 2 carries.

WTF are you talking about?

It doesnt matter what his yards per carry are minus his 2 long runs, because he only played in 2 games. How are you going to just factor out 150 yards like they dont mean anything because they came on 2 carries? You dont know football if thats how you look at the game. Your argument is a ridiculous excuse for you to be negative because you believe that makes you look smart.

My original point was that besides those two long carries Gore has been shut down. You clearly dont have the mental capacity to understand that so I will not respond to your idiotic comments.

Yeah right. Your just an armchair wanna be analyst. You cannot say a RB who has appeared in 2 games has been shut down. Regardless of what he did week 1. Hes scored 4 touchdowns and has 300 yards from scrimmage. End of discussion. Now go pretend you know something about the game because of your 10,000 posts on a forum.

Do you even have a clue what "shut down" means?? It doesn't matter if he's only appeared in 2 games or 200, he has been shut down WHILE HE'S BEEN IN THERE. He's had 2 good runs out of 39. Yeah he had 2 long TD runs, but that isn't something that you can rely on every game and it isn't what our offense is built for.

He should be in there consistantly moving the ball and moving the chains, eating up yards and clock - he has not done that when he HAS BEEN IN THE GAME. Coffee has not done it while HE has been in the game. 2.2 yards a carry still = punting on 4th down a lot. Do the math - or if it's easier, just watch the game.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

It doesnt matter what his yards per carry are minus his 2 long runs, because he only played in 2 games. How are you going to just factor out 150 yards like they dont mean anything because they came on 2 carries? You dont know football if thats how you look at the game. Your argument is a ridiculous excuse for you to be negative because you believe that makes you look smart.

My original point was that besides those two long carries Gore has been shut down. You clearly dont have the mental capacity to understand that so I will not respond to your idiotic comments.

Yeah right. Your just an armchair wanna be analyst. You cannot say a RB who has appeared in 2 games has been shut down. Regardless of what he did week 1. Hes scored 4 touchdowns and has 300 yards from scrimmage. End of discussion. Now go pretend you know something about the game because of your 10,000 posts on a forum.

Do you even have a clue what "shut down" means?? It doesn't matter if he's only appeared in 2 games or 200, he has been shut down WHILE HE'S BEEN IN THERE. He's had 2 good runs out of 39. Yeah he had 2 long TD runs, but that isn't something that you can rely on every game and it isn't what our offense is built for.

He should be in there consistantly moving the ball and moving the chains, eating up yards and clock - he has not done that when he HAS BEEN IN THE GAME. Coffee has not done it while HE has been in the game. 2.2 yards a carry still = punting on 4th down a lot. Do the math - or if it's easier, just watch the game.

We are 2-0 when Gore plays, Nough said!
Originally posted by MadMartz:

I will take that as a "no, I don't know what shut down means". And actually we are 2-1 when Gore plays this season - you know, because by your own logic, you can't not count the Vikings game because he only had one carry.
Originally posted by MadMartz:

I will take that as a "no, I don't know what shut down means". And actually we are 2-1 when Gore plays this season - you know, because by your own logic, you can't not count the Vikings game because he only had one carry.

Logic? Apperntly you have none! Gore was 2nd in the NFL in rushing before he got hurt on the first play of the Vikes game. You are right, Since he didnt lead the league in rushing he has been shut down! You my Friend are not worth even discussing anything with. You are completely lost! Did I mention that Arizona has the number 1 rushing defense in the NFL? That might be a reason Gore didnt fair so well in week one!
I dont understand what the arguing is about. No one can deny that the Niners have struggled running the ball outside of the 2 big runs vs Seattle. You cant totally disregard those runs and make like they dont count as they were huge runs. Howwever, it does not take away that Gore did not do well versus Arizona and that Coffee has done nothing.

Who is to blame? Obviously anyone watching these games can clearly see its the OL. Adrian Peterson would be struggling with the lack of holes in the past couple of games.
It just makes it very clear that the #1 priority in next yrs draft is to get 2 lineman.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I dont understand what the arguing is about. No one can deny that the Niners have struggled running the ball outside of the 2 big runs vs Seattle. You cant totally disregard those runs and make like they dont count as they were huge runs. Howwever, it does not take away that Gore did not do well versus Arizona and that Coffee has done nothing.

Who is to blame? Obviously anyone watching these games can clearly see its the OL. Adrian Peterson would be struggling with the lack of holes in the past couple of games.
It just makes it very clear that the #1 priority in next yrs draft is to get 2 lineman.

Arizona is the number 1 rush def in the NFL so nobody is running on them. Also Gore didnt even play most of the 4th Qrt against the Hawks becuase of the ankle injury. So in 7 qtrs Gore rushed for over 240 yds and 3 tds. We are talking about 7 Qrts here. WTF do you guys expect?

Improving the o-line was a top priority this past off-season too, and it didn't happen. It makes me sick to look at the offense we could have had if the 49ers had drafted right.
give it time guys we are 3-2 and goin into Houston ready to go.. if the 0- line and defence play up to par we should be able to win it... GO CRABTREE

exactly! frank gore is an elite rb our backup is a 3rd round rookie. our ol has been playing horrible and teams have been stacking 8 in the box alot this year. with the shuffling on the ol, crabtree's arrival and hopefully b.jones's contributions this team's entire offense should be improved.
Power who?

Improving the o-line was a top priority this past off-season too, and it didn't happen. It makes me sick to look at the offense we could have had if the 49ers had drafted right.

We don't have a perfect O-line.

But all those run blitzes up the middle are not helping our chances either.

The safeties are making a lot of those plays. The O-line can't block em all.
Share 49ersWebzone