Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by Nyner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dude gore has been out not only our best RB but our besy offensive player where the hell have you been?

OH!.....that explains everything.....give me a break....lol

Are you serious? Your starting running back being out with a rookie taking his place doesnt explain anything to you?

Besides those to two long runs by Gore he has been pretty much shut down. Even Rookie Rbs can run through holes if the line can actually block anyone.

You cannot possibly say that Gore has been shut down. He played in 2 games, and accumulated 300 yards from scrimmage over them with 4 touchdowns. Maybe you should look into what you are talking about before you start into it Ratto Jr.

Ok dude here are Gore's running stats

39 carries with 241 yards, that 6.2 yards a carry

However you take way those two long runs of 80 and 79 yards, thats 159 yards on two carries

That leaves his stats at 37 carries with 82 yards, thats 2.2 yards a carry

So before you start calling people names actually know what the heck your talking about.

It doesnt matter what his yards per carry are minus his 2 long runs, because he only played in 2 games. How are you going to just factor out 150 yards like they dont mean anything because they came on 2 carries? You dont know football if thats how you look at the game. Your argument is a ridiculous excuse for you to be negative because you believe that makes you look smart.

My original point was that besides those two long carries Gore has been shut down. You clearly dont have the mental capacity to understand that so I will not respond to your idiotic comments.

Yeah right. Your just an armchair wanna be analyst. You cannot say a RB who has appeared in 2 games has been shut down. Regardless of what he did week 1. Hes scored 4 touchdowns and has 300 yards from scrimmage. End of discussion. Now go pretend you know something about the game because of your 10,000 posts on a forum.
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:31 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
dude gore has been out not only our best RB but our besy offensive player where the hell have you been?

Are you serious? Your starting running back being out with a rookie taking his place doesnt explain anything to you?

Besides those to two long runs by Gore he has been pretty much shut down. Even Rookie Rbs can run through holes if the line can actually block anyone.

You cannot possibly say that Gore has been shut down. He played in 2 games, and accumulated 300 yards from scrimmage over them with 4 touchdowns. Maybe you should look into what you are talking about before you start into it Ratto Jr.

However you take way those two long runs of 80 and 79 yards, thats 159 yards on two carries

So before you start calling people names actually know what the heck your talking about.

It doesnt matter what his yards per carry are minus his 2 long runs, because he only played in 2 games. How are you going to just factor out 150 yards like they dont mean anything because they came on 2 carries? You dont know football if thats how you look at the game. Your argument is a ridiculous excuse for you to be negative because you believe that makes you look smart.

My original point was that besides those two long carries Gore has been shut down. You clearly dont have the mental capacity to understand that so I will not respond to your idiotic comments.

Cut out the bomb throwing or you will both be warned.

the point is he did make those two long runs
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Guys you need to wait until after 10 weeks to really start judging Sings power running game it's still too early to tell!

Thank you. It would also help to have your starting running back in the game to critique your starting offenses producition.

No doubt bro but we need to find a replacement for Gore before it's too late he just never been a durable back and you know RB get old quick.

He runs better with his ankle taped up anyways. Im not as concerned about Gores durability hes only missed 5 starts in his career. I think a more pressing factor in our success on the ground is our interior blocking.

the point is he did make those two long runs

The other point is that he only appeared in 2 games. In which he scored 4 touchdowns. Therefore it is a fact that he has not been shutdown when in the game. I love the fact that susweel wants to just disregard the 2 80 yard touchdown runs when Frank Gore is only the second running back to ever accomplish that in NFL history
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:36 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Your right K man, its time for me to go back to the PL.
  • wolfpack219
  • Info N/A

Man what we never handed the rock off? Then Gore would have 0 yards for 0 carries. sheesh we suck some serious ass! Dude point being it doesn't matter how the yards were accumulated or if it's unlikely to happen again as they still end up on the stat sheet buddy.
Guys you need to wait until after 10 weeks to really start judging Sings power running game it's still too early to tell!

Thank you. It would also help to have your starting running back in the game to critique your starting offenses producition.

No doubt bro but we need to find a replacement for Gore before it's too late he just never been a durable back and you know RB get old quick.

He runs better with his ankle taped up anyways. Im not as concerned about Gores durability hes only missed 5 starts in his career. I think a more pressing factor in our success on the ground is our interior blocking.

Good point just because of his past history I have always been a bit worried and also his running style as well is tough. Tough backs usually don't last long in the NFL u know and we don't have a dependable backup.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Your right K man, its time for me to go back to the PL.

When you talk about our best player, and then want to analyze him based on his play over a 2 game span, yet negate 2 80 yard touchdown runs from your stat sheet so you can complain about his performance then yea you probably should go back to the pl
yeah pretty dumb post considering our pro bowl running back has been injured for half the season

Good point just because of his past history I have always been a bit worried and also his running style as well is tough. Tough backs usually don't last long in the NFL u know and we don't have a dependable backup.

Frank is a tough runner but to me what makes him special is his ability to find the small creases up the middle and explode through them, and while hes not lightning fast he has the ability to make anyone in the league miss. still think coffee can develope.
gore was shut down against arizona

everyone shut down coffee
Originally posted by teeohh:
gore was shut down against arizona

everyone shut down coffee

Gore had 2 TDs in a win over arizona. Nothing else matters
I think the line is to blame for our run game being weak. I don't know if the changes made will do any good, we'll see. I don't think Gore being out is an excuse, because there are rookies that have productive seasons so I think it is the line. Know what a run game looks like? check out Miami, that's the kind of run game we want to be but can't because of the o-line scheme, players or whatever. I think the point of this thread was that we're not getting it done, I agree. If our o-line could make the holes it wouldn't matter who was RB.
Other than the Seattle game, there hasn't been any kind of a running game much less a power running game. There are any number of reasons why it's not getting done from Gore being hurt, the O-line horrible play, and of course Raye being a very bad OC, but the bottom line is that they are not getting it done and I see no light at the end of the tunnel.
Share 49ersWebzone