LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

Sings power running game after 5 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Nyner
So how's Sings power running game going after 5 weeks of play. "The 49ers have the league's lowest rating on so-called power runs, which are described as running plays on third or fourth down with two or fewer yards to go. San Francisco has converted 43 percent of its power runs. The NFL average is 63 percent".....not very well i would say.
dude gore has been out not only our best RB but our besy offensive player where the hell have you been?
  • Nyner
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dude gore has been out not only our best RB but our besy offensive player where the hell have you been?

OH!.....that explains everything.....give me a break....lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I see no power and I see no running game.
Originally posted by Nyner:

Are you serious? Your starting running back being out with a rookie taking his place doesnt explain anything to you?
  • Nyner
Originally posted by susweel:
I see no power and I see no running game.

Bingo!...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by RichmondPete:

Are you serious? Your starting running back being out with a rookie taking his place doesnt explain anything to you?

Besides those to two long runs by Gore he has been pretty much shut down. Even Rookie Rbs can run through holes if the line can actually block anyone.

Besides those to two long runs by Gore he has been pretty much shut down. Even Rookie Rbs can run through holes if the line can actually block anyone.

You cannot possibly say that Gore has been shut down. He played in 2 games, and accumulated 300 yards from scrimmage over them with 4 touchdowns. If that isnt good enough for you I suggest you start watching the Titans whos running back is putting up huge numbers, they are winless
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

You cannot possibly say that Gore has been shut down. He played in 2 games, and accumulated 300 yards from scrimmage over them with 4 touchdowns. Maybe you should look into what you are talking about before you start into it Ratto Jr.

Ok dude here are Gore's running stats

39 carries with 241 yards, that 6.2 yards a carry

However you take way those two long runs of 80 and 79 yards, thats 159 yards on two carries

That leaves his stats at 37 carries with 82 yards, thats 2.2 yards a carry

So before you start calling people names actually know what the heck your talking about.
[ Edited by susweel on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:17 PM ]
well when we are always at 3 and 8 or 3 and 10, its kind of hard to use the power running game, lol

You cannot possibly say that Gore has been shut down. He played in 2 games, and accumulated 300 yards from scrimmage over them with 4 touchdowns. Maybe you should look into what you are talking about before you start into it Ratto Jr.

However you take way those two long runs of 80 and 79 yards, thats 159 yards on two carries

So before you start calling people names actually know what the heck your talking about.

It doesnt matter what his yards per carry are minus his 2 long runs, because he only played in 2 games. How are you going to just factor out 150 yards like they dont mean anything because they came on 2 carries? You dont know football if thats how you look at the game. Your argument is a ridiculous excuse for you to be negative because you believe that makes you look smart.
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:24 PM ]
Guys you need to wait until after 10 weeks to really start judging Sings power running game it's still too early to tell!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Guys you need to wait until after 10 weeks to really start judging Sings power running game it's still too early to tell!

Thank you. It would also help to have your starting running back in the game to critique your starting offenses producition.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

It doesnt matter what his yards per carry are minus his 2 long runs, because he only played in 2 games. How are you going to just factor out 150 yards like they dont mean anything because they came on 2 carries? You dont know football if thats how you look at the game. Your argument is a ridiculous excuse for you to be negative because you believe that makes you look smart.

My original point was that besides those two long carries Gore has been shut down. You clearly dont have the mental capacity to understand that so I will not respond to your idiotic comments.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Thank you. It would also help to have your starting running back in the game to critique your starting offenses producition.

No doubt bro but we need to find a replacement for Gore before it's too late he just never been a durable back and you know RB get old quick.
Share 49ersWebzone