LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 140 users in the forums

All the experts from ESPN pick the texans to win

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
HATERZZZZ!!!!!!!!! TEH ESPN ARE EAST COAST BIASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Houston is on the East Coast?
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Jeremy Green (Dennis Green's son) on ESPN's "Football Today" podcast chose the Niners as his upset of the week over the Texans.

Damn..that sucks that they consider us beating the Texans an upset

Well, if everyone expects the Niners to lose and they end up winning, that is what one calls an upset.

I think most aren't expecting the Niners to win because of the blowout by Atlanta; the Niners' porous offense and lack of ability to comeback from being down; the fact that Houston has a high powered offense that just whooped on the Bengals; the fact that Houston's D in the last three games hasn't given up more than 50 yards rushing to opposing teams; the fact that the Niners are a run first team with a subpar offensive line and a QB that throws ducks; the game is in Houston.

I'm not saying the Niners will lose, but it will be a great win if they pull it out.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Jeremy Green (Dennis Green's son) on ESPN's "Football Today" podcast chose the Niners as his upset of the week over the Texans.

Damn..that sucks that they consider us beating the Texans an upset

I am actually very surprised the line is just 3 points after the ass kicking we got 2 weeks ago at home. Yes.. this would be an upset.

Nah an upset to me would be us beating the Colts or Eagles...not the Texans but everyone is expecting us to get our ass kicked..so I guess yea that is an upset.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 23, 2009 at 2:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
How can you guys pick against the niners...we have Shaun Hill for Christ's sake.

LOL!!!!!
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
How can you guys pick against the niners...we have Shaun Hill for Christ's sake.

LOL!!!!!

lmao!
i expect us to compete in and be physical in every game. we have shown under this coach wit the exception of last game, that we will put our best effort on the field for 60 minutes. houston should not write us off especially since they just learned to play a lil d last night. we have been playin good d for quite a while and our special teams are among the league's most consistent. yes we have inconsistency on offense but we don't turnover the rock and our d forces our opponents to do so. we get on track on offense and get gore, davis, and our wr's off, we will walk away wit a win. we have been on the road dating back to last year and played well in bad weather for an early game and won before
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
wow...... thoughts?

f**k those a*****es . . .
Houston is pretty much in the same boat as us..... one bad game... one good game!!! Experts are going off of the win they just pulled off on Cincy in their house!!! If we had beat Atlanta, we'd be favorite. I don't put to much stock in the so called experts at ESPN. It will be close and as I fan I EXPECT a win!!!
i know the odds are against, but this could definitly be an upset. we are coming off a bye, and a bad loss, we have gore, and now crabs. our d was great before that. texan d is AWFUL which means we can move the ball. if our d plays like it has the first couple weeks (everything except falcons game), then we should have enough offense to beat them.

it kills me when you guys lay out:

"better WR, better qb, williams, ect.."

umm.. vikings game. better.. everything? arguably. the vikings are at least better than the texans in ALL areas except johnson. williams you say? umm.. sorry, but hes no jared allen. and ladies and gentleman, we should have beat the vikes. we got out favred.

the texans arent really all that different than the cards.. i would only really say the difference is that RIGHT NOW, shuab is on a roll. thats about it.

i can definitly see an upset here. if you can even call it an upset.
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
i know the odds are against, but this could definitly be an upset. we are coming off a bye, and a bad loss, we have gore, and now crabs. our d was great before that. texan d is AWFUL which means we can move the ball. if our d plays like it has the first couple weeks (everything except falcons game), then we should have enough offense to beat them.

it kills me when you guys lay out:

"better WR, better qb, williams, ect.."

umm.. vikings game. better.. everything? arguably. the vikings are at least better than the texans in ALL areas except johnson. williams you say? umm.. sorry, but hes no jared allen. and ladies and gentleman, we should have beat the vikes. we got out favred.

the texans arent really all that different than the cards.. i would only really say the difference is that RIGHT NOW, shuab is on a roll. thats about it.

i can definitly see an upset here. if you can even call it an upset.

two things, this guy is exactly right. and i wish i had chosen burrito smuggler as my name

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
HATERZZZZ!!!!!!!!! TEH ESPN ARE EAST COAST BIASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Houston is on the East Coast?

They are closer to the east coast than we are so yes EAST COAST BIASSSS!!!!!

this is the biggest game of the year imo. This is a must win with cardinals now tied with us and we got to go to indy right after... the season could turn really ugly if we don't win this one.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
even i pick the texans

I also picked the Texans in my pick'em. I hope Im wrong though.

That sir, may be your undoing. I probably will pick the Niners.

My thought is the defense is probably going to be a little PO'd with all the attention paid to Crabs -- plus the way they played against Hotlanta.

We wouldn't have our three wins without this D. They have something to prove. They are getting overlooked again.

Perfect (evil rubbing of hands together)
The Niners will upset the Texan & yall can take that to the bank
We are going to blow this team out of the water. Frank Gore is going to have a monster day. Crabtree is going to attract attention away from VD and he'll have a monster day. I've seen every Houston game and to call their defense average would be giving them way too much credit. Our offense will put up 30 points.

Hello Steve Slaton with your powder puff screens.... meet Patrick Willis and the gang. That cheesy little play action you do is not going to work against our safeties. Matt Shaub is going to have turf burn on his back after this game if he even makes it out healthy because we all know the guy has glass bones.

I can't wait to smash this team into their own turf and cram it down their throats. I hope the 'experts' choke on it.
Share 49ersWebzone