There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

You've got to be kidding......

Originally posted by smifunk:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
"No returning: Tight end Delanie Walker, who returned four kickoffs in the Atlanta game, will not return kicks Sunday in Houston. That duty goes to rookie running back Glen Coffee."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/23/SP371A9GD8.DTL

So we replace the joke of having a TE as our primary return man, and replace him with.........a slow RB with very little movement. If we just want to find the biggest man to return the ball lets just put Joe Staley back there, he was a TE after all......

Guys we have on the team with return experience:

Nate Clements
Reggie Smith (great return man in college)
Arnez Battle

I mean come on, can we at least put a guy back there who has a chance to break one for a big gain?

This is where having Desean Jackson would really take our return game to where it needs to be.

Don't make me cry thinking about missed picks....

It does outline the fact that we need to bring in a legit and dangerous return man. I hope we made a major push for Josh Cribbs, I'd hate to find out that we offered like a 5thr ound pick for him and then walked away.
I hope walker only has 1 kick return on sunday
Originally posted by smifunk:
"No returning: Tight end Delanie Walker, who returned four kickoffs in the Atlanta game, will not return kicks Sunday in Houston. That duty goes to rookie running back Glen Coffee."

So we replace the joke of having a TE as our primary return man, and replace him with.........a slow RB with very little movement. If we just want to find the biggest man to return the ball lets just put Joe Staley back there, he was a TE after all......

Nate Clements
Arnez Battle

I mean come on, can we at least put a guy back there who has a chance to break one for a big gain?

This is where having Desean Jackson would really take our return game to where it needs to be.

Don't make me cry thinking about missed picks....

It does outline the fact that we need to bring in a legit and dangerous return man. I hope we made a major push for Josh Cribbs, I'd hate to find out that we offered like a 5thr ound pick for him and then walked away.

We can draft a special teams PR/KR only guy for a 5th round pick...

Josh Cribbs adds nothing else.

-9fA
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
He's faster and shiftier than Walker? He is a running back, I don't see how he can do any worse.

Slow, no moves Coffee is faster and shiftier then Walker who is more of an oversized WR then he is a TE?
wow terrible decision
I don't think spurlock will be active. If spurlock is active that means somebody else has to sit and I don't know if that is possible with the recent injuries. This might be jumping the gun a little here. This moves only says that Sing is not happy with the return game since rossum left.
[ Edited by fister30 on Oct 24, 2009 at 7:10 AM ]
Even better!!! Michael Robinson will be returning kicks!!!

Michael Spurlock please pick up the white courtesy phone.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by susweel:
Why the f**k are we carrying 7 Wrs on the roster.

Question of the day.

Question of the season.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
What's really funny is that anyone would actually suggest that Nate Clements should return kicks. Yes.. lets have our starting corner risk injury and return kicks when he doesnt have the speed to take anything the distance anyway.

Coffee, Battle, whatever... I think the Niners have much more pressing worries like stopping Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub.

Maybe you don't understand the significance of field position in a football game. And I don't really want to hear about protecting a football player by not playing him in certain situations. Clements is a big man and he could handle the hits. He plays a physical style of football and he has proven to be a tough player. Plus he is the most dangerous return man on this team.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Question of the day.

Question of the season.

Because we need 5 for next year and two will not be back (Bruce, Battle) Were just saving them for next year. Crabtree, Morgan, Jones, Hill and Spurlock doesnt sound bad to me.

Though, I would rather have dumped Spurlock and kept Sheets, then worried about picking up another 5th string WR next year
[ Edited by Oregon49erfan on Oct 24, 2009 at 9:25 AM ]
  • SS2K8
  • Veteran
Either Jed told Scotty he's about to get the boot and he better come up with some magic, or I don't know anything about football, because between the mess at right tackle, keeping 7 WR's, letting Sheets walk, and now this circus on our return units, it's making me pull my hair out. I'm trying really hard to understand these moves.
  • SS2K8
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:

Question of the day.

Question of the season.

Because we need 5 for next year and two will not be back (Bruce, Battle) Were just saving them for next year. Crabtree, Morgan, Jones, Hill and Spurlock doesnt sound bad to me.

We're a run first football team. If we can't find a 4th and 5th WR to sit behind Crabtree, Morgan, and Jones next year, then we need a new GM.
Update from 49ers: Michael Robinson will return kickoffs, and Glen Coffee will be the upback. Coach said Fri Delanie Walker would return.

Nate Clements
Arnez Battle

I think Reggie Smith is injured. But, I would like him to return kicks when he's finally healthy.
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:

Question of the day.

Question of the season.

Though, I would rather have dumped Spurlock and kept Sheets, then worried about picking up another 5th string WR next year

saving them for next year