There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

You've got to be kidding......

Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Relax, the niners will call up the speedy Kory Sheets from the PS and he will return kicks, he is faster than Coffee and Delanie Walker.

That would work if only Sheets wasnt in Miami with the Dolphins.

I'm sure he's being sarcastic lol
this has to be fake news though. at least some of nowins coaching changes made sense.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Method:

Seriously though, my comment is directed to those that sound off as though they are outraged about who they are trying to use as a return person before we even see that player get his chance to do it. I am not saying there is no place for discussion. It is the arrogant " know better than those dumb coaches"attitude that I am cracking on.

I don't understand how that's an act of "arrogance" at all. We are fans, this is our favorite NFL team on earth, and we feel like if there's a decision we disagree with we should be able to talk about it. If that's what you're talking about, I guess I'm arrogant. If a player is doing well on the practice field but not on the Football field, who the hell cares how he does in practice?

"Dude had 25 amazing catches in practice on Thursday!"
"Wow, how did he do during the game???"
"He had 1 catch for -1 yard. Looked terrible out there."

Uh...

It is arrogance when someone says a guy is going to suck at something before they have seen them ever try it. That attitiude fits the very definition of arrogance, and is the opposite of humlity, whereas someone would say they don't know until they see it.

I understand that people don't like to be called out on arrognace. It puts them in a defensive position. But a rose by any other name is still a rose.

Exactly, he never returned kicks in college so he isnt a returner. Now a rose is a rose but you cant call a rose a tulip.

As far as I know, Ronnie Lott didn't play CB in college, yet made it to the Pro Bowl at that position. I'm not saying Coffee will be a great returner, but the fact that he didn't return kicks in college has no bearing on whether or not he can return kicks. Also, those who are ready to point at his struggles filling in for Gore, remember he's a rookie and has been running behind an O-Line that's been pretty bad so far. There were a few times he didn't show good vision, but part of that might be him trying to stick to the play rather than just playing. He's got a ways to go as a pro football player, but it's waaay premature to be writing him off. Give the kid a chance. I'm sure most guys here weren't stellar at their jobs the first couple months either.
The guy who should be returning kicks for the 49ers...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=131508

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
this has to be fake news though. at least some of nowins coaching changes made sense.

Do you guys really care that much about who returns our kicks??? Really??? We just need somebody to get us to the 25 or 30. That's what happens 90% of the time anyway, and see what happens with Coffee before you make a judgement, he is way better in the open field compared to running between tackles.
Why the f**k are we carrying 7 Wrs on the roster.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Do you guys really care that much about who returns our kicks??? Really??? We just need somebody to get us to the 25 or 30. That's what happens 90% of the time anyway, and see what happens with Coffee before you make a judgement, he is way better in the open field compared to running between tackles.

it's not as easy as you think. Wait for the muffed punts.
I know whats the whole purpose of having Spurlock on the team????
its not like hes going to get a chance on offense.
It just tells u that the coaching staff is just scratching their head's & wondering who is the best option. I DONT think Coffee is the answer has he ever returned kick's in his football career???

BAD MOVE!!!!

Originally posted by susweel:

Question of the day.
It should be Spurlock, Jason Hill, or Jones IMO. Coffee was supposed to be a big back with power, not a speedy guy with elusiveness. Our field position has taken a hit with Rossum gone.
Originally posted by Squirrel:
Put Spurlock back there. May as well use him for something.

I agree if he's as fast as they say he is and that he makes plays when the ball is in this hands.....i don't understand this Coffee move at all.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Question of the day.

Seriously though this team is a run first that hardly throws to the WRs and we carry seven of them on the roster. Most teams carry 5 or 6, even Indy only carries 5.

I love the niners but some of the stuff the coaches and front office does just is plan stupid.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Question of the day.

Seriously though this team is a run first that hardly throws to the WRs and we carry seven of them on the roster. Most teams carry 5 or 6, even Indy only carries 5.

I love the niners but some of the stuff the coaches and front office does just is plan stupid.

we need to get Bill Parcels up in here.
Originally posted by gravelburn:
Originally posted by Method:

Seriously though, my comment is directed to those that sound off as though they are outraged about who they are trying to use as a return person before we even see that player get his chance to do it. I am not saying there is no place for discussion. It is the arrogant " know better than those dumb coaches"attitude that I am cracking on.

I don't understand how that's an act of "arrogance" at all. We are fans, this is our favorite NFL team on earth, and we feel like if there's a decision we disagree with we should be able to talk about it. If that's what you're talking about, I guess I'm arrogant. If a player is doing well on the practice field but not on the Football field, who the hell cares how he does in practice?

"Dude had 25 amazing catches in practice on Thursday!"
"Wow, how did he do during the game???"
"He had 1 catch for -1 yard. Looked terrible out there."

Uh...

It is arrogance when someone says a guy is going to suck at something before they have seen them ever try it. That attitiude fits the very definition of arrogance, and is the opposite of humlity, whereas someone would say they don't know until they see it.

I understand that people don't like to be called out on arrognace. It puts them in a defensive position. But a rose by any other name is still a rose.

Exactly, he never returned kicks in college so he isnt a returner. Now a rose is a rose but you cant call a rose a tulip.

As far as I know, Ronnie Lott didn't play CB in college, yet made it to the Pro Bowl at that position. I'm not saying Coffee will be a great returner, but the fact that he didn't return kicks in college has no bearing on whether or not he can return kicks. Also, those who are ready to point at his struggles filling in for Gore, remember he's a rookie and has been running behind an O-Line that's been pretty bad so far. There were a few times he didn't show good vision, but part of that might be him trying to stick to the play rather than just playing. He's got a ways to go as a pro football player, but it's waaay premature to be writing him off. Give the kid a chance. I'm sure most guys here weren't stellar at their jobs the first couple months either.

But Lott led the nation in INTs in college proving he had cover skills. What has Coffee done to prove he is even remotely a returner? I just dont see it working out. For you guys who think returner is no big deal just think back to Brandon Williams(and his fumbles and bobbles) and he was a returner in college and still couldnt cut the mustard. This is the NFL which is a different beast all together.