LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

You've got to be kidding......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Have you guys been watching them in practice to see who is giving them their best chance at returns?

Me neither. Waiting for someone who has to set the record straight here.

Just saying.

Thanks for the insight DJ.

I guess we should never post here again about personnel decisions because we haven't seen the players on the practice field. Shaun Hill must be incredible in practice because from what I've seen on the NFL FIELD he's in the top 5 for worst QB's in the NFL.

ah, method...thanks for trying to turn this into a quarterback discussion. Not interested in that bait.

Seriously though, my comment is directed to those that sound off as though they are outraged about who they are trying to use as a return person before we even see that player get his chance to do it. I am not saying there is no place for discussion. It is the arrogant " know better than those dumb coaches"attitude that I am cracking on.

Seriously though, my comment is directed to those that sound off as though they are outraged about who they are trying to use as a return person before we even see that player get his chance to do it. I am not saying there is no place for discussion. It is the arrogant " know better than those dumb coaches"attitude that I am cracking on.

I don't understand how that's an act of "arrogance" at all. We are fans, this is our favorite NFL team on earth, and we feel like if there's a decision we disagree with we should be able to talk about it. If that's what you're talking about, I guess I'm arrogant. If a player is doing well on the practice field but not on the Football field, who the hell cares how he does in practice?

"Dude had 25 amazing catches in practice on Thursday!"
"Wow, how did he do during the game???"
"He had 1 catch for -1 yard. Looked terrible out there."

Uh...
Originally posted by dald1:
god whens the last decent kick returner we had because in recent past they've been awful and i think we r def not giving the right people the chances they need.

rossum.
Originally posted by jerryricefan80:
Doesn't Spurlock have the only kickoff return for a TD for the Bucs ever? Sometimes this team makes no sense.

Yes he does, I posted the same thing in this thread. Its a head scratcher alright!
The team managment seems totally out of control! I can't understand half of the moves they make. Why in the world is Spurlock even on the team? Seriously!

Having Coffee return kicks when you only have one injury prone RB in front of him sounds like a stupid idea to me. I know Sproles returns kicks, but he adds so much to the game it kind of makes sense. Coffee on the other hand is ho hum and I doubt he is much better than the other guys we have. IMO, this is the coaching staffs clear admission that Coffee is a bust.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The team managment seems totally out of control! I can't understand half of the moves they make. Why in the world is Spurlock even on the team? Seriously!

Having Coffee return kicks when you only have one injury prone RB in front of him sounds like a stupid idea to me. I know Sproles returns kicks, but he adds so much to the game it kind of makes sense. Coffee on the other hand is ho hum and I doubt he is much better than the other guys we have. IMO, this is the coaching staffs clear admission that Coffee is a bust.

We should have kept Sheets and let him return kicks. He at least looked the part!
This is becoming laughable..

I don't understand how that's an act of "arrogance" at all. We are fans, this is our favorite NFL team on earth, and we feel like if there's a decision we disagree with we should be able to talk about it. If that's what you're talking about, I guess I'm arrogant. If a player is doing well on the practice field but not on the Football field, who the hell cares how he does in practice?

Uh...

It is arrogance when someone says a guy is going to suck at something before they have seen them ever try it. That attitiude fits the very definition of arrogance, and is the opposite of humlity, whereas someone would say they don't know until they see it.

I understand that people don't like to be called out on arrognace. It puts them in a defensive position. But a rose by any other name is still a rose.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Oct 23, 2009 at 10:59 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This is becoming laughable..

It's already there, besides the large majority of Niner Talk is laughable most of the time anyway...
Summary.

Rossum sucked
Spurlock needs to be cut
Coffee is slow and will run straight ahead and fall down.
D walk at least makes cuts, and looks like he is about to make something happen.

Uh...

It is arrogance when someone says a guy is going to suck at something before they have seen them ever try it. That attitiude fits the very definition of arrogance, and is the opposite of humlity, whereas someone would say they don't know until they see it.

I understand that people don't like to be called out on arrognace. It puts them in a defensive position. But a rose by any other name is still a rose.

Exactly, he never returned kicks in college so he isnt a returner. Now a rose is a rose but you cant call a rose a tulip.
WOW Singeltary you are pathetic

Uh...

I don't know where you've been all season but I've seen Coffee play....and I can honestly say he doesn't seem to have a kick returners skill set....you know speed, vision, the ability to make precise cuts.....he's a downhill between the tackles RB.....It's not rocket science to figure this one out.....and I don't know more than the coaches but just because your a coach it doesn't make you always right.....but only time will tell
Relax, the niners will call up the speedy Kory Sheets from the PS and he will return kicks, he is faster than Coffee and Delanie Walker.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Relax, the niners will call up the speedy Kory Sheets from the PS and he will return kicks, he is faster than Coffee and Delanie Walker.

That would work if only Sheets wasnt in Miami with the Dolphins.
Share 49ersWebzone