LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Alright, I am calling it big time...talent is as talent does.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Crabtree goes off and this thread is dedicated to that premise.

I have been thinking long and hard about this just like we do when we get together during our tailgate sessions where we let it all hang out after a few libations. Well, now is the same. After a long day at work and trying to immerse myself in something outside of the norm, I see clarity.

Talent is as talent does.

First, everyone who participates in NinerTalk knows me. I am an optimist. I drink Kool Aid (grape flava) like it is going out of style, but in my own way. I don't just blindly go into believing someone. There has to be proof, kinda of like a doubting Thomas for those who know the Jesus tale. Well, proof is in the pudding and I want a heaping spoonful.

Ever since Crabtree played football, he loved it. He practiced to get better especially with his hands. Imagine catching bricks, bricks no less. WOW! Well, that is Crabtree's background and it is on the Internet for you to browse. His love for this game is one thing, but the fact that he practiced catching bricks to strengthen his hands is another.

What does that mean to us? He didn't drop a pass in practice. Not a one. Nice! You see it on the Youtube vids where anything around him, he catches. Have you ever been on a field and seen a kid that captivated your attention to the point you said...DAMN! Talent elevates above the mediocrity and brings those with it. When you become successful, it transcends. People follow...believe.

We have longed for a #1 WR for soooooooooo long that we forgot what a true WR looks like.

That WR looks like Michael Crabtree!

I hope Sunday pops the cork.
[ Edited by ninertico on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:46 PM ]
I LOVE YOU MAN!
Good post.

Hard to optimistic about our offense when I'm so down on our Quarterback, but damn I've been watching these Crabtree videos and he's so f**king good. Best College WR in history, and we got him. What are the chances? Can't wait for Sunday. GO NINERS!!!!
[ Edited by Method on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:47 PM ]
I personally think we're going to mostly use him as a decoy this Sunday, but who knows.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
I LOVE YOU MAN!

this
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
I LOVE YOU MAN!

this

Me too *sips*...man! Uhm ... wait that means... I love me...that's just wrong!!!

Dang it Mex, you did it again!

Well he is a rook so I dont expect a whole lot from him but I will say this........ He cant play any worse than the play we have had! Just the fact that teams will game plan for him is good enough for me. Finally a Little pressure off Gore and Vernon.
[ Edited by MadMartz on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
Crabtree goes off and this thread is dedicated to that premise.

I have been thinking long and hard about this just like we do when we get together during our tailgate sessions where we let it all hang out after a few libations. Well, now is the same. After a long day at work and trying to immerse myself in something outside of the norm, I see clarity.

Talent is as talent does.

First, everyone who participates in NinerTalk knows me. I am an optimist. I drink Kool Aid (grape flava) like it is going out of style, but in my own way. I don't just blindly go into believing someone. There has to be proof, kinda of like a doubting Thomas for those who know the Jesus tale. Well, proof is in the pudding and I want a heaping spoonful.

Ever since Crabtree played football, he loved it. He practiced to get better especially with his hands. Imagine catching bricks, bricks no less. WOW! Well, that is Crabtree's background and it is on the Internet for you to browse. His love for this game is one thing, but the fact that he practiced catching bricks to strengthen his hands is another.

What does that mean to us? He didn't drop a pass in practice. Not a one. Nice! You see it on the Youtube vids where anything around him, he catches. Have you ever been on a field and seen a kid that captivated your attention to the point you said...DAMN! Talent elevates above the mediocrity and brings those with it. When you become successful, it transcends. People follow...believe.

We have longed for a #1 WR for soooooooooo long that we forgot what a true WR looks like.

That WR looks like Michael Crabtree!

I hope Sunday pops the cork.

God I hope so I need a pick me up badly. Me and my dad are going to this game and after watching the nfl playbook video about this game it has me feeling down about this game.
Just go watch his video on 49ers.com... He is very smooth in his route running, keeps a low center of gravity and stops on a dime in his cut and comback routes, Im no football expert but its not hard to see what the kid has and what he has is better than any other WR on our roster.

Everyone seems to be bent out of shape about him getting the starting nod over morgan...Morgan was more than willing to step out of the way becuase he knows that Crabtree is a better player.

I totally agree with you, if he is as good as all the reports and scouts make him out to be, he could totally change things for us. Frank in his last game broke off two 75+ yard runs against an 8 and 9 man box. Image what will happen if crabtree causes one less man to be in the box...

Originally posted by 49Gorillas:
Just go watch his video on 49ers.com... He is very smooth in his route running, keeps a low center of gravity and stops on a dime in his cut and comback routes, Im no football expert but its not hard to see what the kid has and what he has is better than any other WR on our roster.

Everyone seems to be bent out of shape about him getting the starting nod over morgan...Morgan was more than willing to step out of the way becuase he knows that Crabtree is a better player.

I totally agree with you, if he is as good as all the reports and scouts make him out to be, he could totally change things for us. Frank in his last game broke off two 75+ yard runs against an 8 and 9 man box. Image what will happen if crabtree causes one less man to be in the box...

I did as you requested my 49er bro and I too can see that break in and out of his drive. It's so crisp, it cracks!

I really paid attention to his interview and came away even more impressed. There is no flinching in this cat's eyes. I am a behaviorist and do well in poker, really well. You can't snow the snowman. Well, you can see it in his eyes when he answers certain questions as to his confidence level.

Just go watch the interview. Watch his eyes. No joke, this kid doesn't BS.

It's about time!!!
can you please pass some of that grape kool aid this way
Good to know he catches bricks because that is exactly what Hill puts up.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Rice caught bricks too. I'm seeing the similarities already.

i think he will be a top 10 wr by the end of the year....the question is will he even get the chance to show his stuff or make enough plays??? probably not but that doesn't change the fact that he will be great. WHEN he gets the ball he will do some god if not great things.

At the very least by the end of the year i think he will be a #1 wr and that's what the niners do need.
Share 49ersWebzone