Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by geturembedder:
Originally posted by Squirrel:

Bank on it.

FTW

What is that supposed to be? We are the SAN FRANSISCO FORTY NINERS, if people don't like it than get out.

Lol. You can't even spell the name of the city.

Typo FTL. I know it's spelled San Francisco. But you people just got me pissed off because you're trying to jack my team, and you guys already have all that stuff like the Lakers, and now LA's trying to jack a team that ISN'T and SHOULDN'T be theirs. I know people here in Sacramento and other Nor Cal areas that are fans of other teams like the Jaguars, Cowboys, etc. But that doesn't mean they want them to move. And you shouldn't want the 9ers to move. This is the San Francisco 9ers man, the place where they won 5 superbowls and have played for their entire existence. We had Jerry, Steve, Joe, etc. and now we might have something again, and LA is trying to steal our team? WTF? You can have the Raiders, Rams, etc. but not the 9ers. I mean I had friends who were Cowboys fans but that didn't mean they'd want the team to move to LA either. That would make no sense. The LA cowboys? Only the gay cowboys maybe, or the San Francisco Cowboys? That wouldn't make sense. The San Francisco 49ERS makes sense. And we are about to get them a new stadium too, so WTF?

YOU people? Like we have a say in the matter. If it happens it happens. And if it does the team will be better off for it.

But to say you won't root for them because they moved to a better situation a mere hours away from you really says something about your fan hood. Don't be mad at us people.

Be mad at your own politicians.

No it's not because of a better situation 8 hours away, it's because I hate LA and it's not the same. And I don't see how abandoning all of the team's history where we had great players and superbowls and great coaches to move to a city full of bandwagoners is a better situation. Maybe for the few fans in So Cal and maybe for York's pocket book but not for the majority of the fan base or for the team itself. That'd be like if the Boston Celtics moved to NY, or the Steelers moved to Philly, that doesn't make any sense. You can say LA is the best situation for the team, but the team has been in SF for 50 or 60 years and that's where most of the fans are and you can't tell me any different. Bottom line is you are hoping they move to LA because you want them to be in your hometown area. Heck if you think the team moving says a lot about my fan hood, why not just move to SF if you're such a big fan and care that much?

Actually I live in Jacksonville now, but just moved from San Mateo a few years ago.
While I love SF itself, the way the city, it's people, and pretty much all of NorCal has treated it's prize franchise is as disgraceful as the way the Yorks have. And while we can't get rid of the Yorks any time soon, at least we can put the franchise in the hands of a city who knows what to do with it's crown franchises.

Heck, even the Clippers are treated better than NoCal treats the Niners.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
*reads the last couple of page*

Nah, you're right, B650. Norcal guys are pretty laid back after all when the subject of LA comes up.

We're all riled up because we want to keep our team where it belongs. Am I laid back about LA itself? Yeah actually, I don't like it and I don't talk about it very much and I've had friends/family who like it or like their teams and I don't really argue with them much. But I don't want my team to move there, and I hate their teams. But do I care about whether Kobe clips his toenails while taking a dump, or whether Manny Ramirez tries to get pregnant by increasing his estrogen levels? No not really. I'm not sitting there obsessing over them or caring even though I dislike both players strongly. But when the Kings play the Lakers yeah I want to beat them, when the Giants play the Dodgers yeah I want to beat them, and I definitely don't want the 49ers to move to LA.

Bank on it.

FTW

What is that supposed to be? We are the SAN FRANSISCO FORTY NINERS, if people don't like it than get out.

Typo FTL. I know it's spelled San Francisco. But you people just got me pissed off because you're trying to jack my team, and you guys already have all that stuff like the Lakers, and now LA's trying to jack a team that ISN'T and SHOULDN'T be theirs. I know people here in Sacramento and other Nor Cal areas that are fans of other teams like the Jaguars, Cowboys, etc. But that doesn't mean they want them to move. And you shouldn't want the 9ers to move. This is the San Francisco 9ers man, the place where they won 5 superbowls and have played for their entire existence. We had Jerry, Steve, Joe, etc. and now we might have something again, and LA is trying to steal our team? WTF? You can have the Raiders, Rams, etc. but not the 9ers. I mean I had friends who were Cowboys fans but that didn't mean they'd want the team to move to LA either. That would make no sense. The LA cowboys? Only the gay cowboys maybe, or the San Francisco Cowboys? That wouldn't make sense. The San Francisco 49ERS makes sense. And we are about to get them a new stadium too, so WTF?

YOU people? Like we have a say in the matter. If it happens it happens. And if it does the team will be better off for it.

But to say you won't root for them because they moved to a better situation a mere hours away from you really says something about your fan hood. Don't be mad at us people.

No it's not because of a better situation 8 hours away, it's because I hate LA and it's not the same. And I don't see how abandoning all of the team's history where we had great players and superbowls and great coaches to move to a city full of bandwagoners is a better situation. Maybe for the few fans in So Cal and maybe for York's pocket book but not for the majority of the fan base or for the team itself. That'd be like if the Boston Celtics moved to NY, or the Steelers moved to Philly, that doesn't make any sense. You can say LA is the best situation for the team, but the team has been in SF for 50 or 60 years and that's where most of the fans are and you can't tell me any different. Bottom line is you are hoping they move to LA because you want them to be in your hometown area. Heck if you think the team moving says a lot about my fan hood, why not just move to SF if you're such a big fan and care that much?

Actually I live in Jacksonville now, but just moved from San Mateo a few years ago.
While I love SF itself, the way the city, it's people, and pretty much all of NorCal has treated it's prize franchise is as disgraceful as the way the Yorks have. And while we can't get rid of the Yorks any time soon, at least we can put the franchise in the hands of a city who knows what to do with it's crown franchises.

Eh I don't agree with that last statement. Actually the last 2 statements. Newsom screwed us over, eventually he'll be gone. The Niners are probably going to be in Santa Clara because it's easier to get a stadium there and they would love to have the SF 49ers. I don't see why Governator would take a team away from an area that's building a new stadium probably and creating jobs to shift it to another one. Than the people who would do the Santa Clara stadium are screwed and there's not really any jobs gained. The Raiders don't have a new stadium in sight, or the Chargers, they would be better to move to LA IMO especially because the Raiders have history there. Or a team like the Rams or Jaguars that's in areas that are pretty much broke and can't support an NFL team. But I mean did you see the Eddie D HOF ceremony for the 9ers HOF? SF treated him well. The main person who has treated the 9ers like crap is Newsom, but he won't be here forever. Bottom line is 9ers should stay San Fransisco 49ers.

Bank on it.

FTW

Eh I don't agree with that last statement. Actually the last 2 statements. Newsom screwed us over, eventually he'll be gone. The Niners are probably going to be in Santa Clara because it's easier to get a stadium there and they would love to have the SF 49ers. I don't see why Governator would take a team away from an area that's building a new stadium probably and creating jobs to shift it to another one. Than the people who would do the Santa Clara stadium are screwed and there's not really any jobs gained. The Raiders don't have a new stadium in sight, or the Chargers, they would be better to move to LA IMO especially because the Raiders have history there. Or a team like the Rams or Jaguars that's in areas that are pretty much broke and can't support an NFL team. But I mean did you see the Eddie D HOF ceremony for the 9ers HOF? SF treated him well. The main person who has treated the 9ers like crap is Newsom, but he won't be here forever. Bottom line is 9ers should stay San Fransisco 49ers.

Ahh, but Great America would rather have parking then the Niners. And the Jags can't even afford to move. The market isn't too small, it's that the Jags front office is a bunch of morons.

Rams and raiders both had a hard time filling seats in LA, because no one cares about them.

The Niners however are greatly loved in LA. Win win for everyone involved. Maybe there won't be so many Packer fans in the stadium now.

Bank on it.

FTW

Ahh, but Great America would rather have parking then the Niners. And the Jags can't even afford to move. The market isn't too small, it's that the Jags front office is a bunch of morons.

Rams and raiders both had a hard time filling seats in LA, because no one cares about them.

The Niners however are greatly loved in LA. Win win for everyone involved. Maybe there won't be so many Packer fans in the stadium now.

LOL Great America is a business trying to get a few extra millions, what did you expect them to do? And dude, I was reading in the SoCal topic that if they had shown the Niners vs Falcons game down there they would have been the Punchline in LA for 2 weeks. No loyalty whatsoever. There would be just as many packer fans because there would be just as many GB bandwagoners who latched on to Favre's jock that live in LA. The Niners are greatly loved by a few people in LA like yourself, not the whole city and you need to stop making it out like that. The 9ers would never be the punchline in SF, even if they lost 59-0.

Bank on it.

FTW

LOL Great America is a business trying to get a few extra millions, what did you expect them to do? And dude, I was reading in the SoCal topic that if they had shown the Niners vs Falcons game down there they would have been the Punchline in LA for 2 weeks. No loyalty whatsoever. There would be just as many packer fans because there would be just as many GB bandwagoners who latched on to Favre's jock that live in LA. The Niners are greatly loved by a few people in LA like yourself, not the whole city and you need to stop making it out like that. The 9ers would never be the punchline in SF, even if they lost 59-0.

Ahh that was mean. I'm sorry.
[ Edited by geturembedder on Oct 22, 2009 at 9:47 PM ]
This hatred between NoCal and SoCal is silly. I lived in SoCal for years and for the most part enjoyed it. I also enjoyed traveling up to NoCal for the games when I could afford to go. I honeymooned in SF and all along the coast back down to LA. There's great people everywhere. That's like going to France and proclaiming them all to be a bunch of a-holes...wait bad example.. Peeps are just peeps.

Yeah the LA 49ers rolls off the tongue not so well but damn, SF as a city these days is pretty effed up and if the 9ers leave who can blame them?

BTW splitting the 2 states would be a good thing. I'm a fan of that. We have 2 Virginias, 2 Dakotas, 2 Carolinas, why not?
you know why everyone is in such a fit: if the niners move, all we'll be left with in nor cal is.....

the raiders!
.05% chance of happening
Originally posted by darkknight49:
you know why everyone is in such a fit: if the niners move, all we'll be left with in nor cal is.....

the raiders!

The Warriors, Giants, A's, and Queens. I could see why it would be upsetting.

Yeah I'm going to have to disagree with this. You make it sound like there are a great number of 49er fans in LA, saying "greatly loved." No friggin' way.

I live in Santa Monica. LA is a melting pot. You've got your Mexican-Raider fans, the small few that have adopted the San Diego Chargers, and then a giant mix of everything.

If I was to pick which team has the biggest LA-fanbase, I would probably guess the Giants and Jets. Lots of NY transplants here. Then I would bet on Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Chicago. New England in the mix too.

There is absolutely not a major 49er fanbase in LA. I do not see 49er gear in LA except on Sundays at the sports bar, and 49er fans are never the majority.

LA is an NFL-melting pot, save for Raiders fans.
oh no!! they're really moving, its all over!!!

the sky is falling ahhh!!!!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
*reads the last couple of pages*

Nah, you're right, B650. Norcal guys are pretty laid back after all when the subject of LA comes up.

What do you expect? We love the 49ers. We're gonna get pretty heated when it involves the 49ers moving anywhere. I'm pretty sure Dodger fans would react the same way if the Dodgers announced they're moving to San Francisco. And I'm sure we'd be acting the same way if the 49ers were moving to San Diego. Or Philadelphia. The bottom line is that this is our team and we'll hate any city that takes them from us. But it means a little more of its another California city taking the 49ers. Fortunately though, it won't happen.
But the 49ers already have a stadium in the works. Design and all! Its due to be voted on in March according to reports. That would make all that time and research worthless!

Remember this?

I don't think this L.A. thing will happen. If anything, I think it will be the Raiders, Rams, or Jaguars.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Yeah I'm going to have to disagree with this. You make it sound like there are a great number of 49er fans in LA, saying "greatly loved." No friggin' way.

I live in Santa Monica. LA is a melting pot. You've got your Mexican-Raider fans, the small few that have adopted the San Diego Chargers, and then a giant mix of everything.

If I was to pick which team has the biggest LA-fanbase, I would probably guess the Giants and Jets. Lots of NY transplants here. Then I would bet on Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Chicago. New England in the mix too.

There is absolutely not a major 49er fanbase in LA. I do not see 49er gear in LA except on Sundays at the sports bar, and 49er fans are never the majority.

LA is an NFL-melting pot, save for Raiders fans.

Dude first of all you live in Santa Monica and you obsolete with anything you see. Anything west of LA are idiots no offense. I got family that live there and there all Raider fans. They still think bo jackson is still playing that ain't fans those are idiots. There is a huge 49er fanbase in the LA area including orange county, riverside and san bernardino believe me I know. Los Angeles will accept any team that wants to come and represent the city we have always been the people that support our teams and history show it.