singletary MAKING BIG MISTAKES.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I do have a big problem with PEP RALLY TIMEOUTS. That should be ZERO. PEP RALLY's are for practice. Game timeouts are to stop the clock at the end of half or end of game or for challenges.

Yelling at other teams players is well below HC material.

It's not like we are wasting them like Mike Martz. I agree with what you are saying but both times they where needed. Basically Singletary sees us losing momentum and falling apart and he tried to stop it. Nothing wrong with using them to try to turn around the game.

The timeouts WERE NOT NEEDED! A complete waste. Timeouts are for:

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

That is it period. If a HC doesn't know that he shouldn't be HC.

at this post..... Timeouts maybe for those three things, but they have been used for various reason through out football history.... I LOVE THE WAY SINGLETARY chooses to use ours.....

you my look at it as a Pep talk.... I look at it as situations were our defense looked tired and were giving up considerable yardage......so a timeout to rest them and at the same time rest them mentally for a short period of time, while reminding them what the situation is and what to look out for....is very necessary, I don't expect our Defense to play Perfect all the time.

like I have said before Atlanta's coach Smith made a wonderful decision to call for a playaction and a deep pass after that timeout..... he knew that the 9er defense wanted to make a play bad for each other and coach....and were most likely going to be aggressive.......so I think everyone on Defense learned from that play....in the future, yes SD we are still going to use those types of time outs, in the future I'm sure they will look out for a misdirection play after those types of time outs.....

When did Bill Walsh ever use timeouts like use? When did Jimmy Johnson ever use timeouts like this?

If he wants to be the motivational PEP RALLY guy mabye he can be our MASCOT instead of our HC. I'm calling rediculous when I see it. It's absurd they way he uses timeouts and he WILL COST US GAMES!

STOP YOUR BULLSH!TING! You're going to TELL ME THAT YOU REMEMBER EVERY SINGLE TIMEOUT BILL WALSH USED????? YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME YOU WATCHED ALL OF JIMMY JOHNSON'S GAMES?????

you predicted us to go 1-15 for a reason....we all know this.... I hate to break it to you but worse case scenario we are going to win just enough for Singletary to be brought back next year...and that is just the worst case scenario......there is a higher possibility that we are going to have a winning record this year....and with us so far starting 3-0 in our division, there is also a high chance we are going to win our division....(we are going to play the Cards who we always play tough, at home later in the season)

do I know this, NO! do you know we won't be a playoff team, NO!....but the percentages so far are in the 9ers favor as far as having a winning record this year.

It's just as likely that Sing has pulled the rug out on his "TEAM FIRST" plan that he has instilled since last season with this Crabtree garbage. Some players have already started poo pooing about it. All it takes is one stone to start a landslide. Unfortunatly Jed York is semi indecisive like his father and is unlikely to hire a proven HoF NFL coach when the opportunity presents itself this offseason after yet another losing season.

For the record...I love Singletary's passion and enthusiasm, but he LACKS in regards to X's and O's. Because of this it is imperitive that he have coordinators who are VERY strong with their scheming. Instead he hires someone based on philosophy instead of ability to be his OC. THAT and Sing's propensity for loyalty (ie he wont fire Raye untill long after he should have) is going to be Singletary's undoing.
I do have a big problem with PEP RALLY TIMEOUTS. That should be ZERO. PEP RALLY's are for practice. Game timeouts are to stop the clock at the end of half or end of game or for challenges.

It's not like we are wasting them like Mike Martz. I agree with what you are saying but both times they where needed. Basically Singletary sees us losing momentum and falling apart and he tried to stop it. Nothing wrong with using them to try to turn around the game.

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

at this post..... Timeouts maybe for those three things, but they have been used for various reason through out football history.... I LOVE THE WAY SINGLETARY chooses to use ours.....

you my look at it as a Pep talk.... I look at it as situations were our defense looked tired and were giving up considerable yardage......so a timeout to rest them and at the same time rest them mentally for a short period of time, while reminding them what the situation is and what to look out for....is very necessary, I don't expect our Defense to play Perfect all the time.

like I have said before Atlanta's coach Smith made a wonderful decision to call for a playaction and a deep pass after that timeout..... he knew that the 9er defense wanted to make a play bad for each other and coach....and were most likely going to be aggressive.......so I think everyone on Defense learned from that play....in the future, yes SD we are still going to use those types of time outs, in the future I'm sure they will look out for a misdirection play after those types of time outs.....

When did Bill Walsh ever use timeouts like use? When did Jimmy Johnson ever use timeouts like this?

If he wants to be the motivational PEP RALLY guy mabye he can be our MASCOT instead of our HC. I'm calling rediculous when I see it. It's absurd they way he uses timeouts and he WILL COST US GAMES!

STOP YOUR BULLSH!TING! You're going to TELL ME THAT YOU REMEMBER EVERY SINGLE TIMEOUT BILL WALSH USED????? YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME YOU WATCHED ALL OF JIMMY JOHNSON'S GAMES?????

you predicted us to go 1-15 for a reason....we all know this.... I hate to break it to you but worse case scenario we are going to win just enough for Singletary to be brought back next year...and that is just the worst case scenario......there is a higher possibility that we are going to have a winning record this year....and with us so far starting 3-0 in our division, there is also a high chance we are going to win our division....(we are going to play the Cards who we always play tough, at home later in the season)

do I know this, NO! do you know we won't be a playoff team, NO!....but the percentages so far are in the 9ers favor as far as having a winning record this year.

Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson **would** NEVER use timeouts like this. They were PROFESSIONAL COACHES.

you highlighted the wrong word...I fixed for you....and with that I'm done for the night...imo, you are obviously trolling with some of the replies in this thread........ the mention of Singletary and MASCOT in the same sentence......goodnite buddy.

He's not currently acting like a proffesional coach in his use of timeouts, yelling at opposing teams players and lack of game day preperation. He's all rah, rah flash and show and not a lot of proffesional game day coach. That's my point. And I think the facts and recent history prove that out.

He's more of a PEP RALLY guy and less of a HC.
Originally posted by WINiner:

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

It's just as likely that Sing has pulled the rug out on his "TEAM FIRST" plan that he has instilled since last season with this Crabtree garbage. Some players have already started poo pooing about it. All it takes is one stone to start a landslide. Unfortunatly Jed York is semi indecisive like his father and is unlikely to hire a proven HoF NFL coach when the opportunity presents itself this offseason after yet another losing season.

For the record...I love Singletary's passion and enthusiasm, but he LACKS in regards to X's and O's. Because of this it is imperitive that he have coordinators who are VERY strong with their scheming. Instead he hires someone based on philosophy instead of ability to be his OC. THAT and Sing's propensity for loyalty (ie he wont fire Raye untill long after he should have) is going to be Singletary's undoing.

+1.

A very exellent post! A man with understanding.

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

For the record...I love Singletary's passion and enthusiasm, but he LACKS in regards to X's and O's. Because of this it is imperative that he have coordinators who are VERY strong with their scheming. Instead he hires someone based on philosophy instead of ability to be his OC. THAT and Sing's propensity for loyalty (ie he wont fire Raye untill long after he should have) is going to be Singletary's undoing.

As far as the Crabtree situation, imo this is a front office decision....and Scotty has more power of Singletary...

the bolded part, I agree with you. But I disagree that with the whole staying loyal to Raye thing....Singletary saw what happened to Nolan first hand after he refused to make obvious changes to the team...and by judging Sing's roster and coaching moves since he has been HC..Sing will not make the same mistake like Nolan.

there was a report (sorry Memphis, I can't provide the link right now) but there was a report a while back that Singletary wanted to bring Martz back or at least had no problem having him back...but it was Scott who never wanted Martz in the first place....Martz has said himself that Scott only spoke to him ONE time since he was hired by the 9ers and it was all Mike Nolan's move.....if this was all true, I'm sure Sing gave the impression to the Front office that this OC decision was not totally all his.

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

For the record...I love Singletary's passion and enthusiasm, but he LACKS in regards to X's and O's. Because of this it is imperative that he have coordinators who are VERY strong with their scheming. Instead he hires someone based on philosophy instead of ability to be his OC. THAT and Sing's propensity for loyalty (ie he wont fire Raye untill long after he should have) is going to be Singletary's undoing.

As far as the Crabtree situation, imo this is a front office decision....and Scotty has more power of Singletary...

the bolded part, I agree with you. But I disagree that with the whole staying loyal to Raye thing....Singletary saw what happened to Nolan first hand after he refused to make obvious changes to the team...and by judging Sing's roster and coaching moves since he has been HC..Sing will not make the same mistake like Nolan.

there was a report (sorry Memphis, I can't provide the link right now) but there was a report a while back that Singletary wanted to bring Martz back or at least had no problem having him back...but it was Scott who never wanted Martz in the first place....Martz has said himself that Scott only spoke to him ONE time since he was hired by the 9ers and it was all Mike Nolan's move.....if this was all true, I'm sure Sing gave the impression to the Front office that this OC decision was not totally all his.

If you can't hire a good OC or attract a good OC then you aren't a real good HC.
If you bring in Lebron James and you already have Caron Butler playing small forward I'm pretty sure you put in Lebron A.S.A.P. God people do you know ANYTHING about football. Crabtree is better then Morgan and Morgan has got all the chances in the world he's dropped a touchdown and ran a lazy catch to the goal line when he should have scored. You put the best people on the field I don't care about chemistry if you have a weak point. That's like saying put Barry Sims at left tackle and sit Staley because they have better chemistry omg SHUT er up rookie. You obviously do not understand football and you will see this Sunday that our team will have a gameplan and we will play a great football game and don't be suprised if Crabtree gets in the endzone, I sure won't.

p.s. I hope Singletary uses all his timeouts in the first drive and points at the screen and says hey webzone fans, EAT IT!
Also we should trade for Andre Johnson then put him behind Bruce because we don't want the best players on the field we don't want to ruin chemistry And let's go back to that Arizona game and not call that timeout, then the defense is tired gets scored on and we lose yay!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I'm talking to a 3 year old honestly.
Originally posted by Thrash88:
If you bring in Lebron James and you already have Caron Butler playing small forward I'm pretty sure you put in Lebron A.S.A.P. God people do you know ANYTHING about football. Crabtree is better then Morgan and Morgan has got all the chances in the world he's dropped a touchdown and ran a lazy catch to the goal line when he should have scored. You put the best people on the field I don't care about chemistry if you have a weak point. That's like saying put Barry Sims at left tackle and sit Staley because they have better chemistry omg SHUT er up rookie. You obviously do not understand football and you will see this Sunday that our team will have a gameplan and we will play a great football game and don't be suprised if Crabtree gets in the endzone, I sure won't.

p.s. I hope Singletary uses all his timeouts in the first drive and points at the screen and says hey webzone fans, EAT IT!

I guess I don't mind DIVA CRAPTREE as much as I do the rediculous timeouts... Obviously we have nothing at WR and anybody with any talent at all should start right away. But timeouts for PEP RALLY's when they could be used for challenges later on...
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 22, 2009 at 5:48 AM ]
Ok I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that we needed a timeout on that fumble on the kickoff it hurt us HUGE. But really you could also point the finger at Coffee not being on the field as that was a burnt timeout for nothing. If the defense had held the Falcons to a field goal on that drive Singletary wouldn't look so bad, take that into account please and thank you.
Ok I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that we needed a timeout on that fumble on the kickoff it hurt us HUGE. But really you could also point the finger at Coffee not being on the field as that was a burnt timeout for nothing. If the defense had held the Falcons to a field goal on that drive Singletary wouldn't look so bad, take that into account please and thank you.

...Coffee... And whose responsibility is it to have all their players know what to do in every situation? If Coffee didn't know what to do in that situation that is a reflection of the HC. The players should know their responsibilities better.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 22, 2009 at 5:52 AM ]

How is that on Singletary, he knew we didn't score which is why he kept the offense on the field, Coffee is the ONLY player that thought we scored and ran to the sideline and took his helmet off forcing Singletary to call a timeout. Sorry but you have no valid point here that mistake was on the rookie.
I agree, some things just arent sitting right with me;

1. Replacing Morgan with Crabtree. i mean one minute he's talking about effort, practice, putting time in, and being rewarded by starting. Well all this mess, and he just replaces Morgan. But my question to him is, what would it really matter, because if Morgan isnt getting the ball that much, i dont know where people thing Crab will make that much of a difference.

2.Pep rally's. Honestly, and in my own opinion, the 9ers have way too many re-groups and pep rally's. I mean if you have to have at least one a game, then that tells me that the players are losing their focus and fire way too often. If the fire is instilled in them, then they should be able to get it together themselves. I thought that's what the team captains are for.

3. The offense- WEll yesterday was the first time he actually talked about the qb situation. and he actually said that Hill needs to play well, and that he will play well. So we'll just wait on this third issue until after Sunday:)
Sings biggest mistake is Jimmy Ray !
How is that on Singletary, he knew we didn't score which is why he kept the offense on the field, Coffee is the ONLY player that thought we scored and ran to the sideline and took his helmet off forcing Singletary to call a timeout. Sorry but you have no valid point here that mistake was on the rookie.

He should be coaching the players to pay attention to the game circumstances and situation. That's on the HC if the players are sitting on the sideline and not paying attention. The "buck stops with the HC."
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I agree, some things just arent sitting right with me;

1. Replacing Morgan with Crabtree. i mean one minute he's talking about effort, practice, putting time in, and being rewarded by starting. Well all this mess, and he just replaces Morgan. But my question to him is, what would it really matter, because if Morgan isnt getting the ball that much, i dont know where people thing Crab will make that much of a difference.

2.Pep rally's. Honestly, and in my own opinion, the 9ers have way too many re-groups and pep rally's. I mean if you have to have at least one a game, then that tells me that the players are losing their focus and fire way too often. If the fire is instilled in them, then they should be able to get it together themselves. I thought that's what the team captains are for.

3. The offense- WEll yesterday was the first time he actually talked about the qb situation. and he actually said that Hill needs to play well, and that he will play well. So we'll just wait on this third issue until after Sunday:)

I agree with 1 & 2.
Share 49ersWebzone