There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

singletary MAKING BIG MISTAKES.

• dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
you sound just like another broken record

Look - if you disagree, fine. Man up, and say why. If you disagree, and you haven't even one clue why that is - doesn't that also tell you something?

You just sort of 'feel' that what was said is wrong? Somehow it sorta is, but you can't say? Think it through. You might get it. If not, why not just ask people to elaborate if you have a specific objection? But then you have to have at least that.
Originally posted by dust-7:
So was it a BIG mistake? No, I don't think so. Every team burns timeouts early that they wish they had back at times.

But not on some 'pep rally', as it's been called by many, at the NFL level. Not for that. BE PREPARED. Come prepared for that opponent, on that day. Bill Walsh thought so. Sing said - he wasn't, and they weren't, for the Falcons. It wasn't a one-off, an 'outlier' , an inexplicable - oops. It was, and I repeat - a FAILURE TO PREPARE FOR THE GAME. All in caps. Coach Sing said that in his very first remarks after the game, placing the emphasis on the failure of the coaching staff, and on himself, before mentioning the sometimes lazy play of a few players. And Sing is a supposed to have been a close friend of Coach Walsh. Perhaps, Coach Sing should have asked Bill a few more questions.

Lack of preparation is not something that happens unexpectedly. It happens over and over again. The 49ers HAVE to beat the Texans on Sunday. We'll have to see a team more like that which went out and beat the Vikes, only to hand it over to them at the end.

Bye week. Atlanta made good use of theirs. Let's see on Sunday. There is NO reason the 49ers cannot beat Houston on their home field!

Dude, it was call a "Pep Rally" by two well known clowns in Niner Talk and you sound just like them. So I don't know where you get this Called by many stuff. Get over the Walsh thing - he's gone and there's only one Walsh. There will NOT be a Walsh second coming. Sing is who we have and so far he's better than the last two idiots we had - are you a fan of theirs?

A lot of teams prepare for teams and miss the mark. Plain and simple, Atlanta is a better team than we are - ever consider that? You and a couple of others here are hell bent on focusing on the negative rather than any positives. Why don't you try supporting your team.
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Oct 23, 2009 at 5:31 PM ]
Actually, Walsh did call a full-team TO once. The team was playing terribly, totally out of synch. Walsh was in the middle, quite animated. I remember being really surprised and still remember it.

They had been totally out of synch, it was obvious, but they shaped up and won going away.

It was shocking when Walsh did it, but everyone expects it out of Sing. Some rural saying about going to the well too often...
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I love how the wheels on the bandwagon fall off when we lose one game.

I don't give a damn about the timeouts. He's a different kind of coach, let him coach how he wants.

We got our butts kicked by a good Atlanta team. It happens, get over it. You're an idiot if you think we are playoff caliber. The only reason we are even close to the playoffs is because we play in the NFC West.

I like Singletary. He knows Xs and Os more than any of us armchair GMs. This is his first full year as head coach, he's going to make mistkes. Lets see how the team does the rest of the season before we all jump off the wagon.

Listen, he's flat out over matched and was an awful hire. This really wasn't very difficult to see coming. Sabrason and I pounded these thoughts relentlessly during the off season, and to think that some are just starting to pay attention . Hey, sing would be a great guy to have for a grandpa, but we didn't need a grandpa ( except that big baby Vernon), we needed a high caliber NFL coach that could come in here and actually COACH. We needed a guy that could actually scheme. We could have gotten this same BS from a high school gym teacher. Heck, I would hire a high school history teacher over sing right freaking now.

Howz your lackey Sabrason doing anyway?

I see you're not so hot on sing anymore. I accept your apology. Sabrason does as well. We are only here to educate and inform.

Get Shanahan before the Chargers get him!!!!

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahah.

You haven't informed anyone of anything, much less eduacated them.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Dude, it was call a "Pep Rally" by two well known clowns in Niner Talk and you sound just like them.

If you get to call me a clown, because I "sound just like them", I guess I can call you the same - if it's okay to invoke personal insults, here.

Thought it wasn't.

I thought the idea was that if you have something to say - be a man and say it. If you object to something, say specifically what it is. Why do you disagree? Why is it wrong? Etc.

And don't tell me to forget Bill Walsh, or Lombardi, or any great players of the past. YOU forget 'em. Don't tell ME to forget them.

I'm not going to do that. And you'll have to live with that?

And don't talk about "positives" when you go around calling people names just because they disagree with you. There's NOTHING positive about that. It's childish. It's weak.

Don't you see that?

Again, if there's something specific, fine. Let's talk about it.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by carlgo:
Actually, Walsh did call a full-team TO once.

As you say, to the well too often. I didn't know Walsh used a timeout on gameday to rally the team. I've seen coaches use that to hold things up, 'ice' kickers, settle guys down and make sure they know the assignments, etc. Timeouts are called for the reason they were in Atlanta, guys out of position, 12 men, 10 men, play clock, etc. to prevent penalties. They're called to make sure a key play is understood, or to rethink given what was shown when they lined up. And so on. A 'pep talk' is very different. So I'm surprised you'd say that of Walsh.

I don't recall Walsh ever doing this. Is the play by play sheet still on nfl.com or somewhere. At what point in what game? Again, I don't recall Walsh doing that. But if you remember it clearly . . when and where? Do you remember his reasoning, afterward? It would seem to buck his whole philosophy, even if it was just the one time in his career.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Actually, Walsh did call a full-team TO once. The team was playing terribly, totally out of synch. Walsh was in the middle, quite animated. I remember being really surprised and still remember it.

They had been totally out of synch, it was obvious, but they shaped up and won going away.

It was shocking when Walsh did it, but everyone expects it out of Sing. Some rural saying about going to the well too often...

I actually remember Walsh doing it once . . . but I'm pretty certain it was a pre-season game . . . at Candlestick.

I wish I could remember s**t that matters . . .
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I actually remember Walsh doing it once .

Given his philosophy, it's odd. But - pre-season.

That is a big difference. That's like practice.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I love how the wheels on the bandwagon fall off when we lose one game.

I don't give a damn about the timeouts. He's a different kind of coach, let him coach how he wants.

We got our butts kicked by a good Atlanta team. It happens, get over it. You're an idiot if you think we are playoff caliber. The only reason we are even close to the playoffs is because we play in the NFC West.

I like Singletary. He knows Xs and Os more than any of us armchair GMs. This is his first full year as head coach, he's going to make mistkes. Lets see how the team does the rest of the season before we all jump off the wagon.

Listen, he's flat out over matched and was an awful hire. This really wasn't very difficult to see coming. Sabrason and I pounded these thoughts relentlessly during the off season, and to think that some are just starting to pay attention . Hey, sing would be a great guy to have for a grandpa, but we didn't need a grandpa ( except that big baby Vernon), we needed a high caliber NFL coach that could come in here and actually COACH. We needed a guy that could actually scheme. We could have gotten this same BS from a high school gym teacher. Heck, I would hire a high school history teacher over sing right freaking now.

Howz your lackey Sabrason doing anyway?

I see you're not so hot on sing anymore. I accept your apology. Sabrason does as well. We are only here to educate and inform.

Get Shanahan before the Chargers get him!!!!

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahah.

You haven't informed anyone of anything, much less eduacated them.

I certainly haven't eduacated them.

FYI... I am a highly enlightened poster. Easily in the top .5 percent. It's about track record, my brother. I can't think of a time that I've been wrong about the direction of this franchise. I'm probably not going to start being wrong now. This is Fiji water clear.
Dude, it was call a "Pep Rally" by two well known clowns in Niner Talk and you sound just like them.

If you get to call me a clown, because I "sound just like them", I guess I can call you the same - if it's okay to invoke personal insults, here.

Thought it wasn't.

I thought the idea was that if you have something to say - be a man and say it. If you object to something, say specifically what it is. Why do you disagree? Why is it wrong? Etc.

And don't tell me to forget Bill Walsh, or Lombardi, or any great players of the past. YOU forget 'em. Don't tell ME to forget them.

And don't talk about "positives" when you go around calling people names just because they disagree with you. There's NOTHING positive about that. It's childish. It's weak.

Don't you see that?

I didn't specifically call you any name, dude. If you want to put a weenie ass spin on it, go ahead and cry to the Mods.

OK let's leave it like this: There's nothing specific for me and you to talk about, OK. I don't have sh*t to say to you and shouldn't have sh*t to say to me, dude. And another thing, I'm all man and I'll man up to what ever, remember that.

[ Edited by ObePwnD on Oct 23, 2009 at 11:01 PM ]

Thought it wasn't.

Don't you see that?

I didn't specifically call you any name, dude. If you want to put a weenie ass spin on it, go ahead and cry to the Mods.

OK let's leave it like this: There's nothing specific for me and you to talk about, OK. I don't have sh*t to say to you and shouldn't have sh*t to say to me, dude. And another thing, I'm all man and I'll man up to what ever, remember that.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Thought it wasn't.

Don't you see that?

Go ahead SD, provoke him.
You would love to see me gone, wouldn't you?
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Oct 23, 2009 at 11:00 PM ]
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
big mistake leaving shaun hill in at QB

I personally agree with that one. He is garbage.

lol well alex isn't much better. i rather not see dirt balls all game. and no qb in this league not even brady could play good behind that oline.

Thought it wasn't.

Don't you see that?

Thought it wasn't.

Don't you see that?

Yeah, I thought so.