There are 254 users in the forums

singletary MAKING BIG MISTAKES.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I remember Nolan's game management/time out usage was calling time outs when the offense had a long drive going and were in the redzone, so that the offense could "regroup" (actually to let Larry Allen carch his breath)and the opposing defense had a chance to rest.

If I remember correctly, we either settled for a field goal or lost the ball (Frank had a lot of fumble problems back then).

Yup, good times.
We are all noticing the lack of scheme on offense, which means the players must have noticed this a long time ago.

I wonder when the players sill decide after they have given 1000% and it's still not working that believing in Jimmy Raye must end.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I love how the wheels on the bandwagon fall off when we lose one game.

I don't give a damn about the timeouts. He's a different kind of coach, let him coach how he wants.

We got our butts kicked by a good Atlanta team. It happens, get over it. You're an idiot if you think we are playoff caliber. The only reason we are even close to the playoffs is because we play in the NFC West.

I like Singletary. He knows Xs and Os more than any of us armchair GMs. This is his first full year as head coach, he's going to make mistkes. Lets see how the team does the rest of the season before we all jump off the wagon.

Listen, he's flat out over matched and was an awful hire. This really wasn't very difficult to see coming. Sabrason and I pounded these thoughts relentlessly during the off season, and to think that some are just starting to pay attention . Hey, sing would be a great guy to have for a grandpa, but we didn't need a grandpa ( except that big baby Vernon), we needed a high caliber NFL coach that could come in here and actually COACH. We needed a guy that could actually scheme. We could have gotten this same BS from a high school gym teacher. Heck, I would hire a high school history teacher over sing right freaking now.
Originally posted by singfan:

I don't give a damn about the timeouts. He's a different kind of coach, let him coach how he wants.

We got our butts kicked by a good Atlanta team. It happens, get over it. You're an idiot if you think we are playoff caliber. The only reason we are even close to the playoffs is because we play in the NFC West.

I like Singletary. He knows Xs and Os more than any of us armchair GMs. This is his first full year as head coach, he's going to make mistkes. Lets see how the team does the rest of the season before we all jump off the wagon.

Listen, he's flat out over matched and was an awful hire. This really wasn't very difficult to see coming. Sabrason and I pounded these thoughts relentlessly during the off season, and to think that some are just starting to pay attention . Hey, sing would be a great guy to have for a grandpa, but we didn't need a grandpa ( except that big baby Vernon), we needed a high caliber NFL coach that could come in here and actually COACH. We needed a guy that could actually scheme. We could have gotten this same BS from a high school gym teacher. Heck, I would hire a high school history teacher over sing right freaking now.

Howz your lackey Sabrason doing anyway?

He's got a winning record as a coach for a team that has been under .500 for years. The only thing relentless about this summer was reading how much you were hoping he fails. All of you worriers need to throw those worries under the rock where singfan lives and wait to see how Singletary and the Niners work this out.

The Niners are nowhere near firing Singletary, so save us your masochistic panic and either go torture yourself in private or just wait and see. We very well might lose the next two games, but we'll still be in the Playoff hunt in our weak division. A bad team does not get turned around over night, so kick back and wait to see how this plays out. If by the offseason (playoffs or not) we still haven't made strides, then panic away. But until then, don't poison us with your negativity.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I love Singletary, but if I was Jed York, it would be hard to pass on Holmgren or Shanahan if they were interested in coming back to SF.

It's pretty clear to me that these guys either lost their passion for the game, or time passed them by (done respectively). The fact that the new coach can come into Denver with the same roster, minus their franchise QB, and can take this roster to 6-0 is pretty glaring. The Broncos had the one of the worst defenses in the league last year and now with pretty much the same players and Mike Nolan they are one of the best.

As for Holmgren, he was "retired on active duty" last year. Do you think maybe he's lost his passion.

Maybe this should be called "Joe Gibbs" syndrome.

Personally, I'll take Singletary and his mitakes over a "retread". Heck, if you don't like Singletary why not try to pull the genie out of the bottle and hire that young coach that took over Stanford a few years ago.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

I see you're not so hot on sing anymore. I accept your apology. Sabrason does as well. We are only here to educate and inform.

Get Shanahan before the Chargers get him!!!!

I see you're not so hot on sing anymore. I accept your apology. Sabrason does as well. We are only here to educate and inform.

Oh, I support Sing fully. Not crazy about his selection at OC, other than that, I'm cool with Sing.
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
SanDiego49er you are a joke.

why? cuz he has no right to his opnion !

No, because he believes being negative makes him appear to have football knowledge.

Go away you freaking troll.

• dust-7
  • Info N/A
I read your post

Probably not. This is what I wrote, to be clear:

If anything might explain losses it might be:

A) Sing calls for another 'pep rally' when you need to save timeouts

B) Some other players haven't learned from Morgan or Bly and seem to kind of phone it in at the worst possible time

C) Manusky still hasn't figured out how to prevent the long bomb. And he's facing a speedster in AJ.

D) Roman - Roman does something he shouldn't

E) ST bobbles and waffles and stumbles and turns one over, but doesn't grab one for themselves

F) Low line-drive Hill tosses are batted and picked

G) The O-line can't open holes or pass protect

H) The D can't manage to consistently pressure the QB

But other than that.

Again, seriously, this 49ers team, with the players they have, SHOULD be competitive in these next games. But the way they've played leads some fans to already have their excuses prepared - which, I think, boil down to, how-best-to-lose, and wait-til-next-year.

Am I wrong?
Originally posted by dust-7:
I read your post

Probably not. This is what I wrote, to be clear:

If anything might explain losses it might be:

A) Sing calls for another 'pep rally' when you need to save timeouts

B) Some other players haven't learned from Morgan or Bly and seem to kind of phone it in at the worst possible time

C) Manusky still hasn't figured out how to prevent the long bomb. And he's facing a speedster in AJ.

D) Roman - Roman does something he shouldn't

E) ST bobbles and waffles and stumbles and turns one over, but doesn't grab one for themselves

F) Low line-drive Hill tosses are batted and picked

G) The O-line can't open holes or pass protect

H) The D can't manage to consistently pressure the QB

But other than that.

Again, seriously, this 49ers team, with the players they have, SHOULD be competitive in these next games. But the way they've played leads some fans to already have their excuses prepared - which, I think, boil down to, how-best-to-lose, and wait-til-next-year.

Am I wrong?

To be CLEAR, I read you post, new guy.

I agree with (D) (F) (G).

Other than that, you sound just like another broken record that's getting way too much play in Niner Talk.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
So was it a BIG mistake? No, I don't think so. Every team burns timeouts early that they wish they had back at times.

But not on some 'pep rally', as it's been called by many, at the NFL level. Not for that. BE PREPARED. Come prepared for that opponent, on that day. Bill Walsh thought so. Sing said - he wasn't, and they weren't, for the Falcons. It wasn't a one-off, an 'outlier' , an inexplicable - oops. It was, and I repeat - a FAILURE TO PREPARE FOR THE GAME. All in caps. Coach Sing said that in his very first remarks after the game, placing the emphasis on the failure of the coaching staff, and on himself, before mentioning the sometimes lazy play of a few players. And Sing is a supposed to have been a close friend of Coach Walsh. Perhaps, Coach Sing should have asked Bill a few more questions.

Lack of preparation is not something that happens unexpectedly. It happens over and over again. The 49ers HAVE to beat the Texans on Sunday. We'll have to see a team more like that which went out and beat the Vikes, only to hand it over to them at the end.

Bye week. Atlanta made good use of theirs. Let's see on Sunday. There is NO reason the 49ers cannot beat Houston on their home field!
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
you sound just like another broken record

Look - if you disagree, fine. Man up, and say why. If you disagree, and you haven't even one clue why that is - doesn't that also tell you something?

You just sort of 'feel' that what was said is wrong? Somehow it sorta is, but you can't say? Think it through. You might get it. If not, why not just ask people to elaborate if you have a specific objection? But then you have to have at least that.
Originally posted by dust-7:
So was it a BIG mistake? No, I don't think so. Every team burns timeouts early that they wish they had back at times.

But not on some 'pep rally', as it's been called by many, at the NFL level. Not for that. BE PREPARED. Come prepared for that opponent, on that day. Bill Walsh thought so. Sing said - he wasn't, and they weren't, for the Falcons. It wasn't a one-off, an 'outlier' , an inexplicable - oops. It was, and I repeat - a FAILURE TO PREPARE FOR THE GAME. All in caps. Coach Sing said that in his very first remarks after the game, placing the emphasis on the failure of the coaching staff, and on himself, before mentioning the sometimes lazy play of a few players. And Sing is a supposed to have been a close friend of Coach Walsh. Perhaps, Coach Sing should have asked Bill a few more questions.

Lack of preparation is not something that happens unexpectedly. It happens over and over again. The 49ers HAVE to beat the Texans on Sunday. We'll have to see a team more like that which went out and beat the Vikes, only to hand it over to them at the end.

Bye week. Atlanta made good use of theirs. Let's see on Sunday. There is NO reason the 49ers cannot beat Houston on their home field!

Dude, it was call a "Pep Rally" by two well known clowns in Niner Talk and you sound just like them. So I don't know where you get this Called by many stuff. Get over the Walsh thing - he's gone and there's only one Walsh. There will NOT be a Walsh second coming. Sing is who we have and so far he's better than the last two idiots we had - are you a fan of theirs?

A lot of teams prepare for teams and miss the mark. Plain and simple, Atlanta is a better team than we are - ever consider that? You and a couple of others here are hell bent on focusing on the negative rather than any positives. Why don't you try supporting your team.
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Oct 23, 2009 at 5:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone