There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

singletary MAKING BIG MISTAKES.

• dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
He's blaming the coach for the loss--and he's not the only one to do so . . .

Believe it. _I_ said that the team didn't look prepared for that game, and some players seemed not to even realize it was gametime (I'm talking both Morgan and Bly, here). All of that is coaching. Be prepared.

And calling a 'pep rally' timeout is not something that makes sense at the NFL level. Make sure all preparations are made BEFORE game day. That was Walsh's philosophy. It should be Sing's, too, considering he was good friends with the late coach.

As for disappointment - I point you to the 49ers locker room. I point you to every fan of the team. And the coaches.

As for not prepared - it was Sing, himself, in his first remarks following the debacle, who said - we weren't prepared. He blamed the coaches first, and himself. Then he mentioned players not playing as if it counted. As for being embarrassed, it has been Sing and the players who to a man have said, if they've said anything on this - it was embarrassing. If as a fan someone wasn't particularly embarrassed by the loss, then I would have to ask that as a fan, do you really want to win?

I don't agree with SD that the 49ers were going to go 1-15. I don't see why the team that played the Vikes can't show up to play in Houston, or against Indy or the Packers. I don't see - seriously, honestly - why this team can't beat all three. THEY ARE BEATABLE!

If anything might explain losses it might be:

A) Sing calls for another 'pep rally' when you need to save timeouts

B) Some other players haven't learned from Morgan or Bly and seem to kind of phone it in at the worst possible time

C) Manusky still hasn't figured out how to prevent the long bomb. And he's facing a speedster in AJ.

D) Roman - Roman does something he shouldn't

E) ST bobbles and waffles and stumbles and turns one over, but doesn't grab one for themselves

F) Low line-drive Hill tosses are batted and picked

G) The O-line can't open holes or pass protect

H) The D can't manage to consistently pressure the QB

But other than that.

Again, seriously, this 49ers team, with the players they have, SHOULD be competitive in these next games. But the way they've played leads some fans to already have their excuses prepared - which, I think, boil down to, how-best-to-lose, and wait-til-next-year.

Am I wrong?
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
This thread delivers.

No it does not. It fails and miserably at that.

It's become quite obvious that our dear friend SanDiego is gassed and losing focus. His posts have now become panic stricken. He has failed at failing.

It is time for a mod to call a pep rally time out!

• dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I also agree with SD, as inconvenient as that may be. I don't think the 49ers were destined for 1-15. And I honestly believe they SHOULD be competitive in the upcoming games, given that roster.

But as for the rest of it - I think he was right. You don't call for a 'pep rally' in an NFL game. Timeouts are too valuable. You may need them for something serious. Prepare your team BEFORE the game. That was Bill Walsh's philosophy.

People may forget that.

"Get your team prepared to play that week."

Maybe that should be #1 on Singletary's banners around 4949?
[ Edited by dust-7 on Oct 23, 2009 at 9:52 AM ]
Originally posted by dust-7:

I also agree with SD, as inconvenient as that may be. I don't think the 49ers were destined for 1-15. And I honestly believe they SHOULD be competitive in the upcoming games, given that roster.

But as for the rest of it - I think he was right. You don't call for a 'pep rally' in an NFL game. Timeouts are too valuable. You may need them for something serious. Prepare your team BEFORE the game. That was Bill Walsh's philosophy.

People may forget that.

K, so just sit back and do nothing, you didn't prepare well for the game during the week? Too bad, don't do nothing about, just sit back and lose....

...the reasoning of some people.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

People may forget that.

K, so just sit back and do nothing, you didn't prepare well for the game during the week? Too bad, don't do nothing about, just sit back and lose....

He has done this twice over five games, and split 1-1 on results.

Are we seriously harping about one instance of burning a time out early as evidence that the head coach is MAKING BIG MISTAKES?

There is a reason the term "forty whiners" came about.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
you didn't prepare well for the game during the week? Too bad, don't do nothing about, just sit back and lose.

I think Bill Walsh had an answer for you. And I think his reasoning was sound.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Are we seriously harping about one instance of burning a time out early as evidence that the head coach is MAKING BIG MISTAKES?

I agree with SD - it WAS a BIG mistake. He needed that timeout for a challenge that could well have changed the course of the game. And in the NFL - you come prepared to play.

I've said that, now, many times. I've pointed out to those defending bad football, here, that COACH SING said the same. He took responsibility for NOT being prepared. And that's how he phrased it. It's exactly what he said.

Sing was right. Those making excuses here, are wrong.

He made a BIG mistake. He knows it. Don't defend it. Move on.
you didn't prepare well for the game during the week? Too bad, don't do nothing about, just sit back and lose.

I think Bill Walsh had an answer for you. And I think his reasoning was sound.

Please continue....
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Please continue

Don't you read the previous messages in a thread?
Niner talk is amazing.....
Please continue

Yes I dood.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

I agree with SD - it WAS a BIG mistake. He needed that timeout for a challenge that could well have changed the course of the game. And in the NFL - you come prepared to play.

I've said that, now, many times. I've pointed out to those defending bad football, here, that COACH SING said the same. He took responsibility for NOT being prepared. And that's how he phrased it. It's exactly what he said.

Sing was right. Those making excuses here, are wrong.

He made a BIG mistake. He knows it. Don't defend it. Move on.

Do you think that timeout was the difference maker, that could have prevented a loss? I don't think so. I think they got beat down by a better team, and it still would have happened if they got the ball back after Delanie lost it on the return.

So was it a BIG mistake? No, I don't think so. Every team burns timeouts early that they wish they had back at times. The only difference between when a good team or struggling team does this is the perception in the minds of frustrated fans. The game wasn;t close at all. The perception that this single issue was a game breaker is false.
Please continue

LOL, yeah, I read your post and I've been reading SD's post for 17 pages now. Any more questions?