Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Method:
REALLY?? I sure didn't see any threads calling out Hill, when we were winning, or even articles. Replies yes, but not threads, well except from a few Pro Smith fans out there, but this really isn't about Smith right now, I don't want it to get to that. But seriously, from my opinion, the OC and O-line account for a lot more of the problems around here than our little QB situation.

You probably saw them in the "Locked" Thread area. I posted a couple times that I thought Hill sucked, and all those threads got locked.

thats because anything Anti Hill is locked and thrown away in the "not allowed" vault. Hill is the greatest QB to ever play the game.

nevermind all the Smith threads that hang around here.

I have never started a Smith or Hill thread. The 100000000 Smith threads is stomping grounds for the Smith haters so of course they are allowed. But don't anyone dare speake negatively about the future HOF QB we have in Hill. I have seen a couple of threads started DURING games that talked about Hill that ended up locked.

You ever use the search function, and check how many Smith threads are out ther
e. Only reason I have locked some of them is because they end up the same way, and just turn into bomb throwing.

I never said that there isn't an insane amount of Smith threads. Just look at the bolded. Was there not enough 0's to make it a big enough number?

I know, but if you look, a lot of bashing about Hill are in those threads too, like the one with Smith and Crabtree chemistry thread. You accuse us Mods of locking threads that bash Hill...LOL. Trust me, if you were a mod you'd do the same.

We are a team of devided fans. Some only want Hill, Some want to see what Smith can do and some just want a QB that can get the job done.
REALLY?? I sure didn't see any threads calling out Hill, when we were winning, or even articles. Replies yes, but not threads, well except from a few Pro Smith fans out there, but this really isn't about Smith right now, I don't want it to get to that. But seriously, from my opinion, the OC and O-line account for a lot more of the problems around here than our little QB situation.

You probably saw them in the "Locked" Thread area. I posted a couple times that I thought Hill sucked, and all those threads got locked.

thats because anything Anti Hill is locked and thrown away in the "not allowed" vault. Hill is the greatest QB to ever play the game.

I have never started a Smith or Hill thread. The 100000000 Smith threads is stomping grounds for the Smith haters so of course they are allowed. But don't anyone dare speake negatively about the future HOF QB we have in Hill. I have seen a couple of threads started DURING games that talked about Hill that ended up locked.

e. Only reason I have locked some of them is because they end up the same way, and just turn into bomb throwing.

I never said that there isn't an insane amount of Smith threads. Just look at the bolded. Was there not enough 0's to make it a big enough number?

I know, but if you look, a lot of bashing about Hill are in those threads too, like the one with Smith and Crabtree chemistry thread. You accuse us Mods of locking threads that bash Hill...LOL. Trust me, if you were a mod you'd do the same.

We are a team of devided fans. Some only want Hill, Some want to see what Smith can do and some just want a QB that can get the job done.

It has become kind of crazy. Remember what it was like in early 90s with all the Montana/Young controversy. I knew some who bought Chief hats the year Montana left. It is a little different now: they were both Hall of Fame quarterbacks. What a problem to have.
Originally posted by BHulman:

It has become kind of crazy. Remember what it was like in early 90s with all the Montana/Young controversy. I knew some who bought Chief hats the year Montana left. It is a little different now: they were both Hall of Fame quarterbacks. What a problem to have.

That was when we had 2 legit starters and legit HOF QB's. Now we have legit back ups trying to fill the role of starter.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I gotta agree with Ceadder. Just because I think Hill has played crappy doesn't mean I hate him. I don't hate any 49er. Same thing happened when some posters mentioned how Coffee has been unproductive, we got labeled Coffee haters. People just can't stand the slightest bit of criticism to their guy.

No one hates any player on this team. People just think some players on this team suck, which the term hater follows.

And just because I think he sucks doesn't make me a hater. I'm just going by what I see. If he starts playing like he did last year I'll be just as happy as everyone else. A hater hates for no reason and criticism does not equal hater is what I'm saying.

Hey, I'm just going off from what I see. It was the same thing in the off-season of 2007, when people were being called Smith haters. the only thing now is, the tables are turned.

Shaun Hill sucks. Call me a hater if you want, but so far this season he's been absolutely trash. No 200 yard games? f**k that. I thought we were complaining about Smith not getting to 300 yards. What kind of f**king QB can't even reach 200 yards in 5 games?

the best kind!!! aleckss smyth hella ov suckxs tho, shon heeowl iss tha besterrest quwaterr backs in them leeeg!!! tha en ef eels!!!

That's bad. Even for you honda.

Is it sad that I can read ponHillficator?
~Ceadder

hahaha i try i just think its funny that when everyone who backed smith got blasted it was cool but when we talk about shaun hill playing just as bad if not worse we get called haters. i wish Hill would turn it around, i hope anyone who lines up under center tears it up but for now, it is what it is. and i dont get the part about ponhillficator, is that a translation device used to speak like a shaun hill "hater" ? lol

From Merriam Webster's 5th Ed. Collegiate Dictionary.

Main Entry: 2 pon·hill·i·cate
Pronunciation: pän-hill-ˈə-ˌkāt
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): pon·hill·i·cat·ed; pon·hill·i·cat·ing

Etymology: Medieval Latin ponhillicatus, past participle of ponhillicare, from Latin ponhillic-, ponhillex

Date: 1818
1 a : to officiate as a ponhill b : to celebrate ponhillical mass

2 : to speak or express opinions in a pompous or dogmatic way

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM ]
Doesn't matter who the QB is, he will be on a short leash.
Well I like what Martz said about Schaub and i pertain that to Hill as well, or whichever Qb we have in the backfield, and he said, "Elite QB's make the throws and the best plays when they are under duress". When he highlighted the Schaub video, he had guys almost constantly in his face at times, faster then when hill does, but he gets that ball down the field, accurately, to whomever he has open, whether the short ball, or the long ball, in which schaub's case it's the 20-30yd pass regularly.

Like NFL network said, when comparing this weeks game, "The forty niners offense is gonna have to produce, because if they leave the defense on the field for too long, Schaub will pick them apart, and the niners arent a come from behind team."

I'm actually pulling for Hill in this game, because maybe the Atlanta game was just a fluke and he had a horrible game. We had two weeks to rest, and prepare. So i hope the offense as a whole, gets it together Sunday. But if not, PLEASE I hope the excuse thread doesnt come back out.

But i say all nay sayers should give Hill a chance this game, we got Crabtree and Gore back, maybe he'll surprise us, Maybe. and thats all i'll say about that.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well I like what Martz said about Schaub and i pertain that to Hill as well, or whichever Qb we have in the backfield, and he said, "Elite QB's make the throws and the best plays when they are under duress". When he highlighted the Schaub video, he had guys almost constantly in his face at times, faster then when hill does, but he gets that ball down the field, accurately, to whomever he has open, whether the short ball, or the long ball, in which schaub's case it's the 20-30yd pass regularly.

Like NFL network said, when comparing this weeks game, "The forty niners offense is gonna have to produce, because if they leave the defense on the field for too long, Schaub will pick them apart, and the niners arent a come from behind team."

I'm actually pulling for Hill in this game, because maybe the Atlanta game was just a fluke and he had a horrible game. We had two weeks to rest, and prepare. So i hope the offense as a whole, gets it together Sunday. But if not, PLEASE I hope the excuse thread doesnt come back out.

But i say all nay sayers should give Hill a chance this game, we got Crabtree and Gore back, maybe he'll surprise us, Maybe. and thats all i'll say about that.

That's what makes Schaub more successful than Hill and Hill can't make up for his shortcomings.....Schaub's arm strength when in duress with pressure in his face. Schaub can still get it downfield, whereas Hill is forced to check down because he lacks the arm strength. It's why Atlanta was successful with 8 men in the box... constant pressure and forced Hill to look further downfield and that is not Hill's strength. It never has been from day one. During the competition in training camp Hill rarely through it down field and most of his throws were check downs whereas Smith through the ball down field more.

So here is the question moving forward: 1) Do we want a QB with a quick release like Hill but lacks the strength under duress to get it down field???
2) or Do we want a QB with a stronger arm like Smith but throws from the wind up and takes forever to release the ball???
If his performance mirrors that of the falcon game; his new job will be to warm up the bench
Originally posted by loyal9er:

That's what makes Schaub more successful than Hill and Hill can't make up for his shortcomings.....Schaub's arm strength when in duress with pressure in his face. Schaub can still get it downfield, whereas Hill is forced to check down because he lacks the arm strength. It's why Atlanta was successful with 8 men in the box... constant pressure and forced Hill to look further downfield and that is not Hill's strength. It never has been from day one. During the competition in training camp Hill rarely through it down field and most of his throws were check downs whereas Smith through the ball down field more.

So here is the question moving forward: 1) Do we want a QB with a quick release like Hill but lacks the strength under duress to get it down field???
2) or Do we want a QB with a stronger arm like Smith but throws from the wind up and takes forever to release the ball???

I'm going with C) How about a QB who has a gun for an arm and is not paranoid in the pocket IE Davis who's already on our roster. If neither one of these guys can come around by the end of the season why not, at least we'll know how high we need to go in the draft for our next QB.

Gimme door number 2 Pat.

The reason is simple. Even with that slow @$$ windup the ball gets to the Receiver in a timely manner. Allowing Receivers the ability to catch the ball in stride. Shaun's doesn't allow for that consistently. It will get someone killed. As much as Bruce seems to be his target I'm shocked that nobody has knocked Ike's head off.

And this season I can't remember a time where Duke caught one in the End Zone unmolested.

~Ceadder

The answer to that question is which do you think is more easily fixed, I think Smith can learn to play better, whereas I am not sure Hill can learn to throw a spiral, if he can, what the hell is taking him so long to figure it out? I hadn't thrown a football in a game in 20 until about a week ago, and I can still throw a spiral every single time. Hill must have small hands to not be able to every time, that is the only reason I can think of...anyone else have a theory on why a 8 year player still cannot throw a tight spiral?
Originally posted by Giant9er:

~Ceadder
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:

I'm going with C) How about a QB who has a gun for an arm and is not paranoid in the pocket IE Davis who's already on our roster. If neither one of these guys can come around by the end of the season why not, at least we'll know how high we need to go in the draft for our next QB.

I was going to throw out the 3rd option but we are in this WIN the division this year mentality. I really like Davis and would love to see his intangibles put to test. I think the team is too invested at this point to win the division this year..... If we lose the next 3 out of 4 games it might make sense to give Nate a shot and see what he can do vs. a 1st team defense. I like Hill and his competitiveness but think if we lose this week because of lack of performance from Hill that teams will have him figured out and Raye's offense will not put Hill in a position to be successful moving forward...... So Smith or Davis???/
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

The answer to that question is which do you think is more easily fixed, I think Smith can learn to play better, whereas I am not sure Hill can learn to throw a spiral, if he can, what the hell is taking him so long to figure it out? I hadn't thrown a football in a game in 20 until about a week ago, and I can still throw a spiral every single time. Hill must have small hands to not be able to every time, that is the only reason I can think of...anyone else have a theory on why a 8 year player still cannot throw a tight spiral?

Agree, that if we lose this week because of lack of QB performance that Smith needs to be given a chance to show why we have kept him as a number 2. Some of his mechanics can be fixed whereas Hill.... we need to rebuild him (i.e. Bionic Man)... not gonna happen.

IF... Smith were to start in Indy.... he could have a lot of motivation to play good as when we played the Colts in his rookie season, he played horrible and Manning told him to hang in there. What a game to breakout in...huh???

Just sayin.....
Share 49ersWebzone