Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Or when our QB has more rushing yards than our RB.

Misleading stat. Hill took off (rightfully so) because Atlanta was playing soft.

Kind of like those delayed handoffs you see on 3rd and 15 to pad those running stats.

-9fA

Of course, I know that. But the fact of the matter is, its tough on a QB when there is no running game.

And it's hard to have a running game when the QB doesn't scare anyone. Hill must play better and then everything else will follow.

Sure bout that??

2003 Ravens - Jamal Lewis rushed for 2,000 plus yards with a terrible QB rotation

2004 Redskins - Clinton Portis rushed for 1,300 plus yards with a crappy QB rotation

2006 49ers - Frank Gore rushed for 1,700 yards

Its not that hard to realize that the O-line is a huge part of the offenses problems.

Yeah, of course. OL is a big reason for it, but everything goes hand-in-hand. Gore had 1,695 yards in 2006. That year we had a good running game and Alex Smith had his best season. Gore hasn't come close to that total since, and the OL has a lot to do with it, but so does the QB. I guarantee that if teams respected the pass more, our run game would improve.

Also, look at the RBs you mentioned. Those are some good backs. But I think it's pretty obvious that both our OL and QB must play better, and that will help out our running game.

Sure Gore had 1,695 yards rushing and Smith had his career best that year, but Smith also had bad games and we atleast played out the season with him. Its been only one bad lost with Hill, why is everyone jumping ship now??

Yah, look at the QB's I mentioned?? Notice the RB's that are in now with Hill and who the QB's were for those RB's I mentioned??

They're jumping ship not because of one bad game lost, they're jumping ship because he's looked terrible in 5 games, outside of 2 drives. And I'll be ready to jump ship too if this trend continues for another two weeks.

REALLY?? I sure didn't see any threads calling out Hill, when we were winning, or even articles. Replies yes, but not threads, well except from a few Pro Smith fans out there, but this really isn't about Smith right now, I don't want it to get to that. But seriously, from my opinion, the OC and O-line account for a lot more of the problems around here than our little QB situation.

You saw ME criticizing him during that period, and I think Smith is ruined....damaged goods.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I gotta agree with Ceadder. Just because I think Hill has played crappy doesn't mean I hate him. I don't hate any 49er. Same thing happened when some posters mentioned how Coffee has been unproductive, we got labeled Coffee haters. People just can't stand the slightest bit of criticism to their guy.

No one hates any player on this team. People just think some players on this team suck, which the term hater follows.

And just because I think he sucks doesn't make me a hater. I'm just going by what I see. If he starts playing like he did last year I'll be just as happy as everyone else. A hater hates for no reason and criticism does not equal hater is what I'm saying.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Method:
REALLY?? I sure didn't see any threads calling out Hill, when we were winning, or even articles. Replies yes, but not threads, well except from a few Pro Smith fans out there, but this really isn't about Smith right now, I don't want it to get to that. But seriously, from my opinion, the OC and O-line account for a lot more of the problems around here than our little QB situation.

You probably saw them in the "Locked" Thread area. I posted a couple times that I thought Hill sucked, and all those threads got locked.

thats because anything Anti Hill is locked and thrown away in the "not allowed" vault. Hill is the greatest QB to ever play the game.

nevermind all the Smith threads that hang around here.

I have never started a Smith or Hill thread. The 100000000 Smith threads is stomping grounds for the Smith haters so of course they are allowed. But don't anyone dare speake negatively about the future HOF QB we have in Hill. I have seen a couple of threads started DURING games that talked about Hill that ended up locked.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Or when our QB has more rushing yards than our RB.

Misleading stat. Hill took off (rightfully so) because Atlanta was playing soft.

Kind of like those delayed handoffs you see on 3rd and 15 to pad those running stats.

-9fA

Of course, I know that. But the fact of the matter is, its tough on a QB when there is no running game.

And it's hard to have a running game when the QB doesn't scare anyone. Hill must play better and then everything else will follow.

Sure bout that??

2003 Ravens - Jamal Lewis rushed for 2,000 plus yards with a terrible QB rotation

2004 Redskins - Clinton Portis rushed for 1,300 plus yards with a crappy QB rotation

2006 49ers - Frank Gore rushed for 1,700 yards

Its not that hard to realize that the O-line is a huge part of the offenses problems.

Yeah, of course. OL is a big reason for it, but everything goes hand-in-hand. Gore had 1,695 yards in 2006. That year we had a good running game and Alex Smith had his best season. Gore hasn't come close to that total since, and the OL has a lot to do with it, but so does the QB. I guarantee that if teams respected the pass more, our run game would improve.

Also, look at the RBs you mentioned. Those are some good backs. But I think it's pretty obvious that both our OL and QB must play better, and that will help out our running game.

Sure Gore had 1,695 yards rushing and Smith had his career best that year, but Smith also had bad games and we atleast played out the season with him. Its been only one bad lost with Hill, why is everyone jumping ship now??

The ability of any QB to go down the field helps keep defenses honest. Yep, even if the QB is not entirely accurate and throws a few picks here and there, that ability will still keep a defense more honest than what Shaun Hill has showed this season. Even bad QBs have the ability to make a play down the field and defenses have to account for that, no matter how many picks they may throw. With Shaun Hill they don't, it's pretty simple.

You act is as if Hill is unable to go down field, our pass protection has been horrible. Sure if he has time has been known to pull it down or checkdown. But tell me, how do you know what hes seeing down field, do you have any game tape or coaches tape to back this up??? I can show you many times last year, where he made a nice 20 yard out vs. Arizona in between two defenders. Or a nice deep ball to Vernon Davis a couple of times last year. Again, Hill's inability to throw a deep comeback, hitch or deep in's and out route's are his biggest weaknesses, Hill will take it deep when the time is right. I don't see how you people continue to overlook the O-line and put the QB ahead as the main problem....just boggles me.

Ummmm Kolohe? He did that in ONE game. And that was against the Same Ol Sorry @$$ Defense. And he had the benefit of a 21 point cushion provided by the Defense, no less.

IF and when he does it consistently I'm more apt to be on board. But it's not happening any time soon, given the rest of our Schedule.

~Ceadder

Ummm Ceadder I'm talking about last year.

I was editing when you replied. If you go back you'll see I addressed that too.

~Ceadder

LOL last year is a wash. Fact still remains he made deep passes last year and is capable of doing so. Regardless of who it was against he played the cards he was dealt.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I gotta agree with Ceadder. Just because I think Hill has played crappy doesn't mean I hate him. I don't hate any 49er. Same thing happened when some posters mentioned how Coffee has been unproductive, we got labeled Coffee haters. People just can't stand the slightest bit of criticism to their guy.

No one hates any player on this team. People just think some players on this team suck, which the term hater follows.

And just because I think he sucks doesn't make me a hater. I'm just going by what I see. If he starts playing like he did last year I'll be just as happy as everyone else. A hater hates for no reason and criticism does not equal hater is what I'm saying.

Hey, I'm just going off from what I see. It was the same thing in the off-season of 2007, when people were being called Smith haters. the only thing now is, the tables are turned.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

You probably saw them in the "Locked" Thread area. I posted a couple times that I thought Hill sucked, and all those threads got locked.

thats because anything Anti Hill is locked and thrown away in the "not allowed" vault. Hill is the greatest QB to ever play the game.

I have never started a Smith or Hill thread. The 100000000 Smith threads is stomping grounds for the Smith haters so of course they are allowed. But don't anyone dare speake negatively about the future HOF QB we have in Hill. I have seen a couple of threads started DURING games that talked about Hill that ended up locked.

You ever use the search function, and check how many Smith threads are out ther
e. Only reason I have locked some of them is because they end up the same way, and just turn into bomb throwing.

Hey, I'm just going off from what I see. It was the same thing in the off-season of 2007, when people were being called Smith haters. the only thing now is, the tables are turned.

Shaun Hill sucks. Call me a hater if you want, but so far this season he's been absolutely trash. No 200 yard games? f**k that. I thought we were complaining about Smith not getting to 300 yards. What kind of f**king QB can't even reach 200 yards in 5 games?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Shaun Hill sucks. Call me a hater if you want, but so far this season he's been absolutely trash. No 200 yard games? f**k that. I thought we were complaining about Smith not getting to 300 yards. What kind of f**king QB can't even reach 200 yards in 5 games?

Thanks for the reply, comment.

e. Only reason I have locked some of them is because they end up the same way, and just turn into bomb throwing.

I never said that there isn't an insane amount of Smith threads. Just look at the bolded. Was there not enough 0's to make it a big enough number?
[ Edited by backontop on Oct 22, 2009 at 6:28 PM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran

Thanks for the reply, comment.

Actually he had 209 yards in Arizona, but point taken.

the best kind!!! aleckss smyth hella ov suckxs tho, shon heeowl iss tha besterrest quwaterr backs in them leeeg!!! tha en ef eels!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I never said that there isn't an insane amount of Smith threads. Just look at the bolded. Was there not enough 0's to make it a big enough number?

I know, but if you look, a lot of bashing about Hill are in those threads too, like the one with Smith and Crabtree chemistry thread. You accuse us Mods of locking threads that bash Hill...LOL. Trust me, if you were a mod you'd do the same.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

the best kind!!! aleckss smyth hella ov suckxs tho, shon heeowl iss tha besterrest quwaterr backs in them leeeg!!! tha en ef eels!!!

That's bad. Even for you honda.

Is it sad that I can read ponHillficator?
~Ceadder

I know, but if you look, a lot of bashing about Hill are in those threads too, like the one with Smith and Crabtree chemistry thread. You accuse us Mods of locking threads that bash Hill...LOL. Trust me, if you were a mod you'd do the same.

I trust ya Kolohe.

I don't have a problem with needless threads being locked. Makes it easier to keep track of everything when it's kept to a minimum. And if I do, you know I'll ask what's up before making a public comment about it.

Now if only we can do something about my warning level.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 22, 2009 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

That's bad. Even for you honda.

Is it sad that I can read ponHillficator?
~Ceadder

hahaha i try i just think its funny that when everyone who backed smith got blasted it was cool but when we talk about shaun hill playing just as bad if not worse we get called haters. i wish Hill would turn it around, i hope anyone who lines up under center tears it up but for now, it is what it is. and i dont get the part about ponhillficator, is that a translation device used to speak like a shaun hill "hater" ? lol
Share 49ersWebzone