• Squirrel
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:

Gay.

Gay.

Joe Montana he ain't.
Hill should not be benched long as we are able to get to the playoffs. Soon as the numbers say we are out then the experiments can begin.

I don't like Hill as our starting QB. It drives me nuts that so many on this board think he is anywhere near adequate. Having said that, I think he is the best option on our current roster and playing Smith or Davis is throwing in the towel imo.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Hill should not be benched long as we are able to get to the playoffs. Soon as the numbers say we are out then the experiments can begin.

I don't like Hill as our starting QB. It drives me nuts that so many on this board think he is anywhere near adequate. Having said that, I think he is the best option on our current roster and playing Smith or Davis is throwing in the towel imo.

Fully agreed. Although if Hill stinks it up again then we may have no other choice. There are pieces to work with and i do believe that this team has the talent to make a strong contention for the playoffs, but if Hill consistently falters down the road, we have to make a switch.

-9fA

I do believe the same as you but for as long as he starts, I will believe he can be one of the top 10 QBs in the league.

I wouldn't believe in us winning if I didn't believe otherwise.

So far, he has a slight edge in stats, a giant lead in winning percentage and a huge lead in turnovers to our backup.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I do believe the same as you but for as long as he starts, I will believe he can be one of the top 10 QBs in the league.

So far, he has a slight edge in stats, a giant lead in winning percentage and a huge lead in turnovers to our backup.

Shaun Hill isn't top 10 in anything this season, and unless there's a huge turnaround i'm not expecting anything to change at the end of the season either.

Simply put, we don't have a top 10 (or even top 15) QB in Hill.

-9fA

Ok If Hill is sucking it up and the only reason we are winning games is because of the Defense you would rather wait until we are mathmatically out of the playoff picture before looking to see if any of the other 2 QB's will have a positive impact?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by backontop:

Ok If Hill is sucking it up and the only reason we are winning games is because of the Defense you would rather wait until we are mathmatically out of the playoff picture before looking to see if any of the other 2 QB's will have a positive impact?

If we are winning games with Hill in, then why change anything??
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Shaun Hill isn't top 10 in anything this season, and unless there's a huge turnaround i'm not expecting anything to change at the end of the season either.

-9fA

He's had a couple of games where he was near the top 10 and he's had a couple of games where he wasn't very good at all.

I'm just saying, just like 2007, I think this offenses lack of ability has more to do with Raye than it does Hill. There's a reason why, besides 2 runs, Gore hasn't been doing much and our offensive line gets pushed back EVERY TIME.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

-9fA

He's had a couple of games where he was near the top 10 and he's had a couple of games where he wasn't very good at all.

I'm just saying, just like 2007, I think this offenses lack of ability has more to do with Raye than it does Hill. There's a reason why, besides 2 runs, Gore hasn't been doing much and our offensive line gets pushed back EVERY TIME.

Or when our QB has more rushing yards than our RB.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

-9fA

An overall failure means Raye isn't getting the job done. With Singletary and without Raye, our simple offense was working just fine the second half of last year. The OL was blocking well and things were working.

With Raye, nothing is working. I wonder what the problem is.

Misleading stat. Hill took off (rightfully so) because Atlanta was playing soft.

Kind of like those delayed handoffs you see on 3rd and 15 to pad those running stats.

-9fA

-9fA

More like, he's had a couple drives where he was near the top 10 and a couple other drives where he wasn't very good at all. A top 10 QB has got to break 200 yards passing at least once in 5 tries to have a good game. Aren't yardage numbers brought up against Smith?

I do agree with you that Raye is a major reason why the offense is under performing. I don't like his scheme's, and i only agreed with this playcalling once this entire season and that was the Rams game.

But how come Smith doesn't get the Hostler excuse? People bring up 2007 all the time.

See what i'm trying to get at?

-9fA
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Misleading stat. Hill took off (rightfully so) because Atlanta was playing soft.

Kind of like those delayed handoffs you see on 3rd and 15 to pad those running stats.

-9fA

Of course, I know that. But the fact of the matter is, its tough on a QB when there is no running game.
Originally posted by backontop:

If we are winning games with Hill in, then why change anything??

you missed my point. Hill wouldn't be the reason for winning the games. This is purely hypothetical of course.
Situation:
Hill and the Offense fail to score any TD's during the next 2 games. Hill is completing 40% of his passes and averaging 180 yards per game. No TD's and 1 INT per game. The only points being scored are from the Defense and ST. Do you keep Hill in the game or try Smith or Davis to see if they can spark the offense?
  • B650
  • Veteran

-9fA

Of course, I know that. But the fact of the matter is, its tough on a QB when there is no running game.

And it's hard to have a running game when the QB doesn't scare anyone. Hill must play better and then everything else will follow.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home