There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Hills' Leash

Originally posted by 49ersking:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

One thing that Hill has, and Alex doesn't, is heart. The entire offseason was available for evaluation, and Hill was chosen for a reason by the people who are in this business for a living. Could they be wrong? well, sure, why not.
Anyways, it's a free world, just my opinion.

Epic Fail... You think a kid walking on the field and trying to win for his team with a separated shoulder is lacking in heart? A kid with 30 million in the bank... staying through every meeting and working hard to get back on the field... lacks heart? A kid that created a foundation for educating youth... lacks heart?

Again... you fail horribly, and it's a pleasure not knowing you.

Nothing personal, but I'm talking about his play on the field. Like I said, Alex is a nice guy, but I just don't see the will to win and to act upon a given situation like say great players like Willis or Gore have shown. That's what you expect from a $30million man, at least. He seems more laid back and waiting for things to come to him.
Is he trying his best, he probably is. Is that enough? The coaching staff surely doesn't think so.

Think: Eli Manning or even our very own Bryant Young

Not every player has to be a loud-mouthed, fiery jerk to express leadership and heart. How about staying during the bye week to work out with Gore and Crabtree? Smith did... where was Hill? Off fishing in Kansas, is my guess. No big knock on Hill... he is a leader with heart... but so is Smith... whether you accept it or not.
No leash here or any where !

“Alex looks fine. You can bring guys in here off the street and practice and they’ll look fine. It’s just a matter of continuing to get better, refining those little things. But, Alex is getting better. He is getting better.”
Originally posted by Kolohe:

One thing that Hill has, and Alex doesn't, is heart. The entire offseason was available for evaluation, and Hill was chosen for a reason by the people who are in this business for a living. Could they be wrong? well, sure, why not.

Epic Fail... You think a kid walking on the field and trying to win for his team with a separated shoulder is lacking in heart? A kid with 30 million in the bank... staying through every meeting and working hard to get back on the field... lacks heart? A kid that created a foundation for educating youth... lacks heart?

Tell me why do you have to make it personal adding that?? Pretty immature if you ask me.

Everything's personal... don't kid yourself. I did nothing here to break your precious rules. Just because you side with the Hill camp doesn't mean you need to hassle me.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Can Shaun Hill bullet a ball to a receiver?

A lot of strong armed crap QB's that are out of this league can.
Well I'm just wondering because with Crabtrees catching ability I think it would be beneficial for our QB to be able to bullet a pass in so that the chances of it being intercepted are super low.

Yah, tell that to Brett Favre who also holds the league record for INT's.

That is because he would try and force things in his younger days. Hill still tries to force things into double and triple coverage with his duck passes.

And do they picked off??

According to you he can throw all the interceptions in the world as long as we are winning. Why change it? remember
I'm not sure how much Crabtree can help Shaun Hill, given we have the SAME OLINE!
If Shaun fails to perform as per expectations (whatever that is), we are basically going to rely on a highly paid "backup". I'm not sure how that would be a good thing for the 49ers. Alex = nice guy, below avg QB
This season, this roster, for the sake of the 49ers and fans, let's hope Shaun Hill plays well.
Next season, well, we can hope for a new beginning with a long term QB.

Yea cause Hill isn't a nice guy but a below average QB

How did you come to the conclusion that Smith doesn't have heart? The kid has a tone of heart. but I guess playing through an injury means no heart because the coaches went with the game manager for the QB.

Nothing personal, but I'm talking about his play on the field. Like I said, Alex is a nice guy, but I just don't see the will to win and to act upon a given situation like say great players like Willis or Gore have shown. That's what you expect from a $30million man, at least. He seems more laid back and waiting for things to come to him.
Is he trying his best, he probably is. Is that enough? The coaching staff surely doesn't think so.

Think: Eli Manning or even our very own Bryant Young

Not every player has to be a loud-mouthed, fiery jerk to express leadership and heart. How about staying during the bye week to work out with Gore and Crabtree? Smith did... where was Hill? Off fishing in Kansas, is my guess. No big knock on Hill... he is a leader with heart... but so is Smith... whether you accept it or not.

It's good that Alex stayed back to practice with Crabtree. One has to also realize that our players have been playing for 5 weeks in a row, bruises and pains, and all. If they can get some well deserved time off, why not, they should use it to recover. The last thing you want is the starters to get hurt during the bye week, defeats the whole purpose of it.
For the sake of the 49ers, I hope you are right about Alex.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Tell me why do you have to make it personal adding that?? Pretty immature if you ask me.

Everything's personal... don't kid yourself. I did nothing here to break your precious rules. Just because you side with the Hill camp doesn't mean you need to hassle me.

Why can't one discuss something without adding bomb to it, didn't see him offend you in any way. BTW, did I warn you for something, I didn't say anything about breaking the rules, but pretty much telling you to relax and knockoff the bomb throwing or you will be warned.

Whether I favor the Hill camp or not, I still have to issue out warnings the way I see fit. I've even warned some of my closes friends on here, so please don't question my judgment. If you like we can discuss this via PM. Again, continuing to be conflictual or inciting and you will be warned or banned, its rather more of a reminder.
Hill has one bad game and the whole board goes up in flames begging for Alex Smith.

Smith is a bust, he does nothing better than Hill.

What does benching Hill solve? Hill is a stop-gap until this 49ers regime gets their franchise QB (whether it be Nate Davis, or via drafting McCoy).

Hill carried the offense in Arizona. He carried the offense in Minnesota.

This board is worse than my girlfriend.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Well I'm just wondering because with Crabtrees catching ability I think it would be beneficial for our QB to be able to bullet a pass in so that the chances of it being intercepted are super low.

That is because he would try and force things in his younger days. Hill still tries to force things into double and triple coverage with his duck passes.

And do they picked off??

According to you he can throw all the interceptions in the world as long as we are winning. Why change it? remember

True I said that, I don't deny it. I would rather be 14-2 with a QB who threw 20 picks, than go 2-14 with a QB who threw 20 TD's. Can't speak for everyone, its just my opinion.

And do they picked off??

True I said that, I don't deny it. I would rather be 14-2 with a QB who threw 20 picks, than go 2-14 with a QB who threw 20 TD's. Can't speak for everyone, its just my opinion.

If the QB threw 20 TD's then more than likely it is the defense that is the issue
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

And do they picked off??

If the QB threw 20 TD's then more than likely it is the defense that is the issue

Well can't really pin point and factor in on a imaginary team can you, in the end it would be your opinion and mine disagreeing with each other. But W's are W's and I would take them anyway then came, I could careless if they were pretty or not.
I'm not sure how much Crabtree can help Shaun Hill, given we have the SAME OLINE!
If Shaun fails to perform as per expectations (whatever that is), we are basically going to rely on a highly paid "backup". I'm not sure how that would be a good thing for the 49ers. Alex = nice guy, below avg QB
This season, this roster, for the sake of the 49ers and fans, let's hope Shaun Hill plays well.
Next season, well, we can hope for a new beginning with a long term QB.

Yea cause Hill isn't a nice guy but a below average QB

How did you come to the conclusion that Smith doesn't have heart? The kid has a tone of heart. but I guess playing through an injury means no heart because the coaches went with the game manager for the QB.

Smith really played (okay, I am throwing out the disastrous rookie year) one season and did pretty well for a 21 year old. I remember many here were encouraged about his future. Then he started the next season leading a damn good drive at the end to win the game against Arizona. Then, he got hurt. He didn't look great in the two or three games he played with a GRADE 3 SEPARATION. Don't know about others, but I would look really bad getting out of bed with that kind of injury. Maybe Smith won't make it as an NFL quarterback but to say the kid has no heart just doesn't sit right.
[ Edited by BHulman on Oct 23, 2009 at 7:51 PM ]

And do they picked off??

Well can't really pin point and factor in on a imaginary team can you, in the end it would be your opinion and mine disagreeing with each other. But W's are W's and I would take them anyway then came, I could careless if they were pretty or not.

No but I can pinpoint a factor on a real team.
Originally posted by franchise253:
Hill has one bad game and the whole board goes up in flames begging for Alex Smith.

Five straight bad games. One absolutely horrible game.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
No leash here or any where !

“Alex looks fine. You can bring guys in here off the street and practice and they’ll look fine. It’s just a matter of continuing to get better, refining those little things. But, Alex is getting better. He is getting better.”

That is a very low class comment by MS. I would like to hear the audio to see the context he's saying this.
Anyone who says Alex has no heart has never played any sports above little league. I've separated my shoulder. If you take the field to play QB, in the NFL, a couple weeks after a grade 3 separation, you may not have any sense but you have heart. You can question Alex's talent. His heart, work ethic and who he is as a person is unquestionable. The same also can be said about Hill too.