LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

49ers vs texans matchup on espn....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by carl:
This is a pay site.

Hard to comment on the article when I can't read it.

I agree. The only thing I got out of the article is that the 9ers must keep it to third and short so they can take advantage of the Texans defensive woes.
Originally posted by leebert81:
Crikey, according to the match up the Texans have a worse OL than we do? How is that possible?

LB

their QB can throw and make plays from what has been shown the past few games ...even with a bad OL
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Doesn't Slanton lead the league in all purpose yards from scrimmage? I know he is at least in the top 3. And as Yahoo points out we have been given up huge chunks of yards and receptions to average backs this year.

But Slaton leads in fantasy receiving production from the RB position (282 yards, 2 TDs), and SF has allowed monster receiving tallies by RBs Tim Hightower(notes) (12/121), Chester Taylor (7/70) and Justin Forsett(notes) (6/57). For that reason, Slaton’s a justifiable play this week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=AnlmcEuujf72LJSizkP_dfI5nYcB?slug=bf-skinny_09week7

A very misleading stat. Tell me, how many times did the above named RB's actually score? The unfortunate byproduct of having a good passing defense is that it QB's more readily check down.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fzrdave:
This is a pay site.

I agree. The only thing I got out of the article is that the 9ers must keep it to third and short so they can take advantage of the Texans defensive woes.

Wow, breakthrough coverage. Isn't that every team's goal for every game. Here's another gem I can add:
The Niners want to score more points than the Texans. Also, it's a good idea to force turnovers while not committing any.
We def have a better RB, OL on the other hand ! But I do agree that we need to keep up with their offense
Originally posted by TX9R:
This is a pay site.

Wow, breakthrough coverage. Isn't that every team's goal for every game. Here's another gem I can add:
The Niners want to score more points than the Texans. Also, it's a good idea to force turnovers while not committing any.

Right, that is exactly how you win the game.
Slaton is a very good back whos struggling early, he's fast and elusive. Gore is a pound it back with *breakaway* speed on certain plays. The fact that Gore is injury prone is probably why they favour Slaton as he is a duel threat and could take it to the house on any play and is healthy. As apposed to an often injured Gore and well...Coffee...enough said. I'd still put my money on Gore because I know the 49ers defense is gonna be PISSED and hitting EVERYTHING :)
[ Edited by Thrash88 on Oct 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:
We are just gonna have to come out & prove ourselves this weekend!

Amen!
Originally posted by leebert81:
Crikey, according to the match up the Texans have a worse OL than we do? How is that possible?

LB

yeah, but they have a better qb (who can get rid of the ball quicker) and a better wr core (who can get open fast)
That touchdown Johnson got I think it was against the Cardinals was incredible he faught off like 4 people to get in the endzone. That is why they are feared on offense. Speed and Power on the edge with a gun slinger behind centre. Their running back is pretty quick too for the record!

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
i dont think their RB matches up very well with our LBs either

as far as thats concerned we were supposed to match up well with the falcons and they destroyed us. anything can happen. steve slayton is a good back
Wait a second.......... We have a BETTER O-line than the Texans????
don't worry michael crabtree will torch their d for 200 yards atleast.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
The Texans are certainly capable of beating us soundly. They're acutally favored by 3 points.

I would say they have a better Offense across the board, including RB. Defensively we're better everywhere except for Mario Williams.
  • carl
  • Veteran
This is a pay site.

So they are saying that third and short is better than third and long? Wow, that's profound.
Share 49ersWebzone