LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

My Roger Craig Interview!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hi guys,

As some of you may know, I'm a big 49ers fan in the UK and spend some of my spare time writing for a UK based website each week

Football Diner

and I mananged to track down a contact for Roger and he agreed to do an interview with me, so Monday afternoon he rang me up and here are the results!

I hope you enjoy.

Roger Craig Interview

Quote:
The Football Diner Big Interview:
Roger Craig
interviewed by Brian Davis
20/10/2009

Four-time Pro Bowler Roger Craig was the offensive focal point of a dominant 49ers team that won three Super Bowls between 1984 and 1989. Playing for legendary coach Bill Walsh alongside Hall of Famers Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, Craig was a do-it-all threat whose versatility continues to set the standard for dual-threat backs to this day. The 1988 Offensive Player of the Year retired in 1993 having amassed an incredible 13,143 total yards and 73 touchdowns.

As the Diner staff were wrapping up their working day here in the UK, Craig was getting his own morning started on the West Coast of America. But before he nipped out for a spot of heavy duty a.m. exercise, there was just time for our own Brian Davis to ask him all about his extraordinary career, legendary teammates and awesome Super Bowl performances in our exclusive interview.

• dust-7
  • Info N/A
I thought that was an excellent job. Simple, getting some anecdotes that perhaps are firsts, because you seemed interested in what you were doing. There's so much politics and PC in the sportsrooms, these days, that you wonder if they all want to become 'hard news' reporters, or are even that interested in sports. We've got local 'sports talk' here with guys who seem to want to talk about everything but sports for maybe a half an hour soild. So it's nice to see someone who is just into football, and wants to know something about the history.
Great work Brian! Please keep these interviews coming. It's great to hear from the heroes of yesteryear. I have been a fan since '79 so I remember when Roger came into the league with that highstepping style. I think he knocked a couple of people out with those knees. Did you get to ask him about his thoughts on the current Niners?
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 21, 2009 at 12:08 AM ]
Nice. One of my all time favourite Niners
  • flow
  • Veteran
Quote:
Roger Craig: I speak with Ronnie Lott, he's a great guy in and out of football. I also speak with Frank Gore regularly and yeah, I still go to games to cheer them on.

[ Edited by Crazy4Niners on Oct 21, 2009 at 12:14 AM ]
A very good interview. Good job.
Very good intervew. I really enjoyed reading it.
Great job! You need to hook up with the Zone webmaster and get that linked up on the Article Links menu.

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Great job! You need to hook up with the Zone webmaster and get that linked up on the Article Links menu.

Good idea, I may do that!

Thanks ever so much for the feedback guys, it's good to see. I've had a fantastic opportunity here and the article writing that I started this year has paid off. Hopefully we may get another name or two by the end of the year. We've had Andre Caldwell and Chris Baker last week from current players.

I also interviewed the presenter from the Late Sunday game show and Saturday morning magazine show, just before season start for the season.

Bengals WR - Andre Caldwell

Patriots Tight End - Chris Baker

Channel FIVE's Nat Coombs
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
Hi guys,

As some of you may know, I'm a big 49ers fan in the UK

Where are you based. I am in Warrington... If you are close perhaps we could get together for a pint!

Originally posted by CainanUK:
Hi guys,

Where are you based. I am in Warrington... If you are close perhaps we could get together for a pint!
Hi there, I'm in the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire.

Do you use NFLuk.com ?
Originally posted by CainanUK:
Hi guys,

Hi there, I'm in the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire.

Do you use NFLuk.com ?
Yes I do.. Same user name
Great work, thanks for sharing with us!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Great work, thanks for sharing with us!

It's a genuine pleasure :)
Your interview is great. I have a question though if you don't mind (I am very protective of our 9ers). I figure if Roger gave you an interview you deserve it and he felt you would pass it on in a positive light. The lure for you will be to use it to simply build your portfolio. I am hoping you really understand the good cheer and attitude that team brought from that time and if you do grow in your profession, if you are truly a 49er fan, that you help bring that forward !

Are you game ?
Share 49ersWebzone