LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Whats up with Brandon Jones??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Who's Brandon Jones? Is he reciever?

His beasts is good at running. With speed and fasts quick like a lightining charger! Like missles with balls in his hands!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

His beasts is good at running. With speed and fasts quick like a lightining charger! Like missles with balls in his hands!

But Crabtree beastly more times even Willis. Crabtree wild coconut crab with beast claw faster speed cheetah. Beast.
I kinda posed this question like around the draft time !.. I said at the time we should let Bruce stay at home because we have several young good WR's and a numbers game would prevent us from fully utilizing them.. Nice to see some of you FINALLY seeing it the way I have all along. We should let Bruce retire and let Scurlock walk next year, and we wont have this problem again..!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I kinda posed this question like around the draft time !.. I said at the time we should let Bruce stay at home because we have several young good WR's and a numbers game would prevent us from fully utilizing them.. Nice to see some of you FINALLY seeing it the way I have all along. We should let Bruce retire and let Scurlock walk next year, and we wont have this problem again..!!

I don't mind Bruce on the team, just not as a starter.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

But Crabtree beastly more times even Willis. Crabtree wild coconut crab with beast claw faster speed cheetah. Beast.

I don't know but
Originally posted by B650:

I don't mind Bruce on the team, just not as a starter.

Can agree with this for now as well. Kinda wished the worked Crabtree in with Bruce and kept Josh as starter. But, maybe it's Crabs spot, and they'll have Morgan learn Bruce's position, thereby getting Bruce replaced anyway...(Maybe that's why he took the demotion so well ??)
Might Jones start subbing in for Bruce with Morgan playing the slot? hmmm....

I say let Bruce retire next season... or what ever he wants to do...but not here....

I say we still use him this year....I feel he can come up big for us this season if we are trying to get into the playoffs...I just feel Raye is using him wrong (f'n Streaks WTF???)

but next year, I'd like our starters to be....

Crabtree on one side.... Jason Hill on the other.....and Brandon Jones in the slot (unless he out plays Jason Hill)

I feel Morgan is expendable because he is like a poor man's Crabtree... they have almost the same build....but Crabtree seems more like a playmaker....so if we can trade him...good, he could be a good #2 for another team.....if not fine...

Jason Hill is a different type of WR and I believe he would complement Crabtree and this offense with his Speed, route, and catching ability.

I also say we try Spurlock on some KRs this year and if he plays well, keep him for next season....I liked what he did in the preseason....I believe he had 2 passes thrown to him and did a nice job catching them....(I also believe one was a Bullet from Nate)..... I also like his build..... he looks like he can break tackles...short stocky...kinda like Steve Smith but alittle taller.
Brandon Jones strengths doesn't fit with the current staff we have on the field.
Originally posted by Method:
Brandon Jones strengths doesn't fit with the current staff we have on the field.

yeah you're right.... he was too slow to catch up to that Bomb Hill threw.

what?

• carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Our receiver situation really puzzles me. Has Brandon Jones played any snaps yet? He is being paid an awful lot of money for not contributing anything up to this point. I never hear Maicco or anyone mention him anymore since the Crabtree signing and I'm curious where does Mr Jones fall on the depth chart? Anyone know something I dont about this ordeal? Is he still injured?

Remember that he's been injured. Broken collar bone during TC I think it was. Anyways, the Falcons game was his first game that he played. And Shaun Hill had zero time to throw the ball.

I'm sure he'll earn his big paycheck starting in the coming weeks.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Waste of money. We should have just kept Bryant Johnson for less money.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kirkfiege:
I'm thinking this is Hill's last chance to do it. You guys ever notice how Chicago didn't have receivers until Jay Cutler showed up?

Did you ever notice that Kyle Orton left those receivers in Chicago and went 6-0 in Denver with Cutler's men? Isn't Chicago running about our same record?

It's all about the OC.
Jones, Morgan and Crabtree will be our top 3 WR's. Bruce won't be back next year. Battle may not be on the team. I also think they're being careful with Jones now...he did have a broken bone in his shoulder. He should become more of a factor as the season goes on. I'm looking forward to seeing Nate Davis airing it out to him next year.
We should try and throw some 4 WR sets out there once in a while to shake thing up. Just a thought.
Share 49ersWebzone