There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I still think it should be Morgan in place of bruce

same here. he's a decent route runner but(it could be me) the ol'mans' droppin alot balls. at least last year he caught more than he dropped. this year is vice verse
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Is there a reason why morgan and crabtree arent starting? Maybe they should start teaching morgan bruce's position. Bruce hasnt done sh** this year

remember, Morgan knows ALL the WR positions... x, y, and z { up, up, down, down, B, A, B, A} even
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
i think this is actually great for Morgan, and i think he knows it.

it sends a message to opposing teams that we feel Crabtree is looking THAT good, which will likely cause those defenses to focus on Crab's more, leaving Morgan in the slot to work against a nickelback or even linebackers and safeties..

last year Morgan played very well out of the slot position, he can only be better now than he was last year..

But what about Jones? Hill? Battle? Bruce is delaying the development of our other, younger WRs. All fine and dandy if you can still play, but he hasn't shown he can. He should be relegated to only a 3rd-down WR and maybe help tutor the WRs at this point in my opinion.

Jones i am curious about, but what exactly has he done that Morgan hasn't? Hill i would love to see out there, im maybe one of the biggest Jason Hill fans on this board, but again, what has he done better than Morgan? Battle, we've all seen him, he is a great 3rd down player and picks up 1st downs, but he doesnt make electrifying plays, never wow's you, and has seemed to lose some of those first down marker instincts that we once saw him so valuable for..

Josh Morgan was our most electric receiver last year in a limited role, and now this year, in an offense that is s**t for WR production, with a quarterback who has rarely delivered big plays to receivers you are ready to just jump ship on the guy? you have got to be kidding me.

EDIT: i just noticed you were referring to Isaac Bruce, though i may disagree with making him a 3rd down player only, i would definitely agree with allowing Jones and Hill rotate through that position...

especially Hill, our greatest deep threat, who seems to go forgotten just because he isn't the best blocker...

And I'll comment on your edit too. I think it's ridiculous that Hill isn't getting any playing time because he doesn't block as good. He's a flippin' WR. Get him in the game and let him do his thing. When we need to block, put Walker and Davis out wide as WRs or something. Jesus. Does that mean he shouldn't get ANY playing time?

Sheets. Dude isn't a blocker yet. So they just let him go. I don't know. Why don't we just sign 52 offensive linemen and have them all block. What's next? Nate Davis released because he can't block during reverses?

"blocking" is definitely a part of a WR and a RB's game, it's very important.

And as far as Sheets....only time will tell if he's legit or not. We will see.
i think this is actually great for Morgan, and i think he knows it.

it sends a message to opposing teams that we feel Crabtree is looking THAT good, which will likely cause those defenses to focus on Crab's more, leaving Morgan in the slot to work against a nickelback or even linebackers and safeties..

last year Morgan played very well out of the slot position, he can only be better now than he was last year..

But what about Jones? Hill? Battle? Bruce is delaying the development of our other, younger WRs. All fine and dandy if you can still play, but he hasn't shown he can. He should be relegated to only a 3rd-down WR and maybe help tutor the WRs at this point in my opinion.

Jones i am curious about, but what exactly has he done that Morgan hasn't? Hill i would love to see out there, im maybe one of the biggest Jason Hill fans on this board, but again, what has he done better than Morgan? Battle, we've all seen him, he is a great 3rd down player and picks up 1st downs, but he doesnt make electrifying plays, never wow's you, and has seemed to lose some of those first down marker instincts that we once saw him so valuable for..

Josh Morgan was our most electric receiver last year in a limited role, and now this year, in an offense that is s**t for WR production, with a quarterback who has rarely delivered big plays to receivers you are ready to just jump ship on the guy? you have got to be kidding me.

EDIT: i just noticed you were referring to Isaac Bruce, though i may disagree with making him a 3rd down player only, i would definitely agree with allowing Jones and Hill rotate through that position...

especially Hill, our greatest deep threat, who seems to go forgotten just because he isn't the best blocker...

And I'll comment on your edit too. I think it's ridiculous that Hill isn't getting any playing time because he doesn't block as good. He's a flippin' WR. Get him in the game and let him do his thing. When we need to block, put Walker and Davis out wide as WRs or something. Jesus. Does that mean he shouldn't get ANY playing time?

Sheets. Dude isn't a blocker yet. So they just let him go. I don't know. Why don't we just sign 52 offensive linemen and have them all block. What's next? Nate Davis released because he can't block during reverses?

but that is the crazy thing, Jason Hill is a good blocker.....if not, above good...

I have seen him block well on running plays and I have seen him block well on Special Teams.......we just need to see more of him...

I know it is not expected because of his weight...200lbs....but he is a good blocker
Hopefully this means Crabtree is killing in practice
and not that they are just handing him the spot
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by redmanc07:
I don't think this is going to sit well in the locker room. All those guys worked extremely hard in a physical training camp. But here's Crabtree handed a starting job after only two weeks.

Yeah didn't sit well in the locker room in Minn when Favre decided to skip camp on purpose but look at them. We have a much stronger presence and leadership in our locker room then most teams. Im not worried about it. If anything maybe it will get everyone excited to get going to have such a talent on the field now

You're not seriously comparing Crabs situation with a future HOFer in Minnesota?

BTW The two best players in Minny (Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen) were calling Favre to sign weeks before training camp.

I am not comparing the players career obviously but im talking about going to training camp etc. This isn't high school. This is a business and guys understood that he was holding for whatever personal reasons. But since he has signed he has been working his butt off and guys respect that. Everyone on this team wants to win and if Crabtree helps us do that then there won't be a single complaint about him not being at camp
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Is there a reason why morgan and crabtree arent starting? Maybe they should start teaching morgan bruce's position. Bruce hasnt done sh** this year

remember, Morgan knows ALL the WR positions... x, y, and z { up, up, down, down, B, A, B, A} even

Sounds like Contra code to me.

The real question is, has Morgan mastered this yet?

[ Edited by B650 on Oct 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by redmanc07:
I don't think this is going to sit well in the locker room. All those guys worked extremely hard in a physical training camp. But here's Crabtree handed a starting job after only two weeks.

Yeah didn't sit well in the locker room in Minn when Favre decided to skip camp on purpose but look at them. We have a much stronger presence and leadership in our locker room then most teams. Im not worried about it. If anything maybe it will get everyone excited to get going to have such a talent on the field now

You're not seriously comparing Crabs situation with a future HOFer in Minnesota?

BTW The two best players in Minny (Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen) were calling Favre to sign weeks before training camp.

These guys know how the business works. This is normal NFL stuff to the veterans.
And Jason Hill continues to look on from the sidelines...
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Morgan has been a disappointment hopefully Crabtree can light up the offense passing attack!

Crank that Crabtree baby!

yeah? he has probably been our most productive receiver(even though that's sad to say) but no 1 else is performing so you figure they wouldn't take him off the field
why are so many people crying about this? If it gives the team a better chance to win(which it might or might not) then wouldn't it be a good thing.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
why are so many people crying about this? If it gives the team a better chance to win(which it might or might not) then wouldn't it be a good thing.

Shaun Hill got a new toy. Now, if Hill still can't ball, more changes are needed.
Originally posted by backontop:

Shaun Hill got a new toy. Now, if Hill still can't ball, more changes are needed.

but Hill is the greatest QB to ever play the game. He just had ONE bad game against the Falcons.
Hopefully he will upgrade our suck ass passing game..