There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by B650:
I can't believe they benched Morgan and not Bruce.

This team has lost it. One stupid decision after another.

I'd rather have Bruce out there than Morgan. He's Shaun Hill's go to WR.

I know everyone here wants Morgan to be good, but he's been inconsistent this year.

And how's that working out so far?

Better than throwing it to Morgan. Bruce has come up big time and time on again on 3rd down conversions.
JiraIm not sure if it's good or bad. Either he is that good or our WR's are that bad... I hope Bruce sits though, he is hurting this offense. He can't get open and is dropping balls now to.
he's gonna start in my fantasy league too! i rather have morgan start over bruce, bruce has had a lot of drops and disappeared lately
I don't think this is going to sit well in the locker room. All those guys worked extremely hard in a physical training camp. But here's Crabtree handed a starting job after only two weeks.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,183
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by TX9R:
After digesting this for a minute, this can only be a desperate move to jumpstart a bad offense. Which leads me to beleive we may actually try and pass the ball before the 4th quarter! That in itself is exciting, I don't care who is at WR.
Still Jerry Rice had a whole TC and struggled as a rookie. I can't imagine this going any better with no reps and no camp.

Rice struggled his rookie year with almost 1,000 yards receiving (927), 3 TDs, and an 18+ average.

I hope Crabtree struggles too.

He finished strong, but had a severe case of the dropsies early on if you remember. Also, he had Joe Montana. Don't get your hopes up.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by B650:
I can't believe they benched Morgan and not Bruce.

This team has lost it. One stupid decision after another.

I'd rather have Bruce out there than Morgan. He's Shaun Hill's go to WR.

I know everyone here wants Morgan to be good, but he's been inconsistent this year.

And how's that working out so far?

Better than throwing it to Morgan. Bruce has come up big time and time on again on 3rd down conversions.

I don't remember any time he's come up big. All I remember is a bunch of dropped balls. Bruce has played well in only 1 game this season (Arizona).
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
If this is true, its probably going to piss off a lot of people on the team. Whats been all this talk of "he's not ready, we'll bring him in slowly, etc, etc." All those receivers put in the work throughout TC and so far through the season, and they're going to get leapfrogged by some kid who doesn't even know the "route tree"?

Has he done anything in practice to warrant it? Morgan has certainly underachieved and made some bad blunders this season but I would like to think that crabs would actually have to do something in order to take his job.

Bad, bad idea.

I see what you're saying, but after watching Singletary's "tough love" video...it seems that Sing is not the type to favor individuals, he calls them by their numbers and not their names, and if they're not doing their best, he will make changes.

I just hope this also will imply to Shaun Hill.

Dude you can't deny his talent obviously he is our best WR that is why he is being promoted. The team wants to win it's not about being fair. Our receivers haven't impress thank god for the change. It's like demoting Chilo Rachal when he has played terrible but gotta do it to win it's part of the game! WE PLAY TO WIN!

CRANK DAT CRABTREE!

Agreed.

I hope he can run block like Morgan tho.

But let the Crabtree era begin.

The last thing I care about is if other players get their feelings hurt. The guy was the top ranked WR in the draft by most pundits. Get him in there. The guys we have right now are way too inconcistent, and that includes Morgan, and even Bruce who has been dropping too many this year.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by TX9R:
After digesting this for a minute, this can only be a desperate move to jumpstart a bad offense. Which leads me to beleive we may actually try and pass the ball before the 4th quarter! That in itself is exciting, I don't care who is at WR.
Still Jerry Rice had a whole TC and struggled as a rookie. I can't imagine this going any better with no reps and no camp.

Rice struggled his rookie year with almost 1,000 yards receiving (927), 3 TDs, and an 18+ average.

I hope Crabtree struggles too.

He finished strong, but had a severe case of the dropsies early on if you remember. Also, he had Joe Montana. Don't get your hopes up.

Good point.
Could be smokescreen to, he may start but still only play 10-15 snaps and it just makes the Texans prepare for Crabtree that much more.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
If this is true, its probably going to piss off a lot of people on the team. Whats been all this talk of "he's not ready, we'll bring him in slowly, etc, etc." All those receivers put in the work throughout TC and so far through the season, and they're going to get leapfrogged by some kid who doesn't even know the "route tree"?

Has he done anything in practice to warrant it? Morgan has certainly underachieved and made some bad blunders this season but I would like to think that crabs would actually have to do something in order to take his job.

Bad, bad idea.

I see what you're saying, but after watching Singletary's "tough love" video...it seems that Sing is not the type to favor individuals, he calls them by their numbers and not their names, and if they're not doing their best, he will make changes.

I just hope this also will imply to Shaun Hill.

Dude you can't deny his talent obviously he is our best WR that is why he is being promoted. The team wants to win it's not about being fair. Our receivers haven't impress thank god for the change. It's like demoting Chilo Rachal when he has played terrible but gotta do it to win it's part of the game! WE PLAY TO WIN!

CRANK DAT CRABTREE!

Agreed.

I hope he can run block like Morgan tho.

But let the Crabtree era begin.

The last thing I care about is if other players get their feelings hurt. The guy was the top ranked WR in the draft by most pundits. Get him in there. The guys we have right now are way too inconcistent, and that includes Morgan, and even Bruce who has been dropping too many this year.

Exactly. Plus, maybe guys will start thinking, "Damn, I better start producing or Singletary will replace me."

Shaun Hill, you listening?
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
If this is true, its probably going to piss off a lot of people on the team. Whats been all this talk of "he's not ready, we'll bring him in slowly, etc, etc." All those receivers put in the work throughout TC and so far through the season, and they're going to get leapfrogged by some kid who doesn't even know the "route tree"?

Has he done anything in practice to warrant it? Morgan has certainly underachieved and made some bad blunders this season but I would like to think that crabs would actually have to do something in order to take his job.

Bad, bad idea.

Dude you can't deny his talent obviously he is our best WR that is why he is being promoted. The team wants to win it's not about being fair. Our receivers haven't impress thank god for the change. It's like demoting Chilo Rachal when he has played terrible but gotta do it to win it's part of the game! WE PLAY TO WIN!

CRANK DAT CRABTREE!


he might be our most talented WR, but has he practiced with the 1st team yet? Does he know his plays, his responsibility?

We play to win, sure, but Sing's whole schtick has been about creating a certain kind of culture around the team and this seems to be the exact opposite of the message.

I would like to see him contribute before he gets anointed.

Do you doubt Singletary? I sure don't! Just wait and see what happens sunday he is our future and his talent and money did have to do alot with his promotion. Maybe Morgan does not have Great work ethic like Crabtree as Jerry Rice said before the draft said Crabtree has great work ethic? It's like a guy being at work that has been on the job for 20 years but has a lousy work ethic but this new guy has more ability is a quicker learner and his work ethic is better that is the kind of person you want on your team. That's the way I see this situation.

Morgan has not done nothing but to disappoint put him in there and let him learn!

This, coupled with the Snyder/Rachal rotation, very much makes me doubt Singletary's lineup decisions.

I guess my problem with the Crabs possibly starting is that it seems to fly in the face with every "message" sing has been sending about the team. If money and draft status play into it, fine, but, again, it smells more like desperation than anything else. maybe we need it. Maybe it will turn out awesome. If it does, I won't mind, I'll admit I'm wrong, and I'm sure no one on the team will complain if we're winning.

I just seriously doubt that Crabtree has done enough/learned enough to earn his starting job, and since he isn't an offensive lineman, I dont' see him having a big impact on our offensive troubles anyway.
Originally posted by Tyler82:
I am upset by this....I loved the Crabtree signing and Im stoked but we sould NOT MOVE Josh Morgan out of the starting lineup. We SHOULD MOVE Issac Bruce out. He is gone after this season anyway has not shown what we expect and Crabtree and Morgan are the Rice and Taylor of our future....LETS GET THEM BOTH ON THE STARTING LINEUP....

Well good then Morgan will have his starting spot back soon. He has to know that and I think it makes it easier to help Crabtree knowing the fact that he is only going to come off the pine temporarily. Not to mention it shouldn't be a shocker since they took him 10th overall. Hopefully this means we will see more 3wr sets and Morgan might even be more effective in that role
i think this is actually great for Morgan, and i think he knows it.

it sends a message to opposing teams that we feel Crabtree is looking THAT good, which will likely cause those defenses to focus on Crab's more, leaving Morgan in the slot to work against a nickelback or even linebackers and safeties..

last year Morgan played very well out of the slot position, he can only be better now than he was last year..
  • jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
Bad idea. Not only for morale and injury risk, but why Morgan as the third WR? Seems like Morgan would take over for Bruce and move Bruce to the slot. Seems like a bit of a reach to me at this point.
Great, now we need Bruce to retire.

Seriously, Bruce needs to go.


but sweet news that Crabtree will be starting.