There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by TX9R:
FOR THE LAST TIME, CRABTREE IS FROM DALLAS. Enough of the hometown deal, his hometown is 250 miles from Houston. People act like Texas is Rhode Island or something. Sorry, I'm just tired of hearing this angle from fans and the media.

As far as impact, I'll say 3 catches for 28 yards, one of them being a play over 10. Nothing leads me to beleive he'll do anything other than a few screens and we don't call passing plays over 12 yards more than once a game. I'm pretty sure Houston's DC knows this too, look for him to be mugged at the LOS and quickly tackled on screens. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that he does break a tackle or two for the "big" 10 yard gain.

I'm excited to see Crabtree play, but I really hope this move doesn't backfire. If Sing and Co. are confident he'll know the routes they're calling on Sunday, then good.

But if Crabtree zigs when Hill thinks he'll zag and it leads to an INT, I'm gonna put that one squarely on Singletary.
Originally posted by olapac:
I'm excited to see Crabtree play, but I really hope this move doesn't backfire. If Sing and Co. are confident he'll know the routes they're calling on Sunday, then good.

But if Crabtree zigs when Hill thinks he'll zag and it leads to an INT, I'm gonna put that one squarely on Singletary.

there's a very good possibility that will happen.

• WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
maybe it was part of the deal--break the hold out and you get to start, pronto.

Zigs and Zags are only an issue with West Coast type offenses. Where it requires the receiver and QB to read the field before running the route. We run a numbers based offense so he should know what route to run.
There are too many variables that could happen this weekend. I'ma just wait, hope and see what happens.

I hope not. All this attention on Crabtree is nice and all, but I would really prefer Frank Gore to do well and not re-aggrevate his ankle. I don't remember the exact statistic, but anytime Gore gets 20+ touches a game, we tend to have a very high winning percentage.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by egoonda:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I hope we do frorce the ball to Gore, Crabs and VD thats it everyone else sucks major balls..

That's what we should do - get the ball to your play-makers. Although it may seem f*cked up how Crabtree slid in to a starting position, it is what it is. OUR OFFENSE SUCK PEOPLE. It's obvious that something had to be done or tried to get it crack'en. 28th in the league. Zoners who are butt-hurt over this need it get a grip. I'm for anything pro-active, that may help this team win.

all of this

Good points... Crabs is playmaker material (judging from his highlight reel). More importantly, his hometown is a good place to give him that extra punch...

Also - a KEY point about coaching (and I do coach ball): Give your opponent something to think about. They may not admit it, but Houston's D is going to be thinking about Crabs all week. Take note: Frank Gore makes his return on Sunday. Can't wait to see us roll up 200+ yards rushing, while Crabs catches a couple of early passes - all to make them think. Heck, he doesn't even have to catch the first pass thrown his way - he just has to make them think we're going to use him a lot.

Football is a game of chess... Sing's playing a little chess here.

There is a third play-maker in Davis. Take away the Atlanta game and he has performed very well this year.

Like in all honesty, with an un-biased opinion....how many catches/yards do you guys think Crabtree will actually have this Sunday?

I'de be surprised if he gets more than 2 catches, 20 yards.

You can't forget that he now faces NFL corners that can and may force him out of his routes...I just hope Crabs dont have any major-communication with Shuan Hill that leads into a costly INT.

Maybe 3-5 catches for 40-60 yrds.

come on guys, 2 catches 20 trds, 3-5 catches for 40-60 yrds ? All it takes to turn those upside down is 1 catch that MC takes to the house. Lets say 1 catch 82 yrds and a TD then. Or with that, 2 catches 140 yrds?

Get my piont ? Who knows ? It only takes 1
Originally posted by Giant9er:
I hope we do frorce the ball to Gore, Crabs and VD thats it everyone else sucks major balls..

That's what we should do - get the ball to your play-makers. Although it may seem f*cked up how Crabtree slid in to a starting position, it is what it is. OUR OFFENSE SUCK PEOPLE. It's obvious that something had to be done or tried to get it crack'en. 28th in the league. Zoners who are butt-hurt over this need it get a grip. I'm for anything pro-active, that may help this team win.

all of this

Good points... Crabs is playmaker material (judging from his highlight reel). More importantly, his hometown is a good place to give him that extra punch...

Also - a KEY point about coaching (and I do coach ball): Give your opponent something to think about. They may not admit it, but Houston's D is going to be thinking about Crabs all week. Take note: Frank Gore makes his return on Sunday. Can't wait to see us roll up 200+ yards rushing, while Crabs catches a couple of early passes - all to make them think. Heck, he doesn't even have to catch the first pass thrown his way - he just has to make them think we're going to use him a lot.

There is a third play-maker in Davis. Take away the Atlanta game and he has performed very well this year.

Like in all honesty, with an un-biased opinion....how many catches/yards do you guys think Crabtree will actually have this Sunday?

You can't forget that he now faces NFL corners that can and may force him out of his routes...I just hope Crabs dont have any major-communication with Shuan Hill that leads into a costly INT.

come on guys, 2 catches 20 trds, 3-5 catches for 40-60 yrds ? All it takes to turn those upside down is 1 catch that MC takes to the house. Lets say 1 catch 82 yrds and a TD then. Or with that, 2 catches 140 yrds?

Your prediction would be my dream scenario, because with those numbers, he may very well have emerged as the # 1 WR we have been searching for.

I hope you're right, I'm definitely rooting for the guy!

all of this

Your prediction would be my dream scenario, because with those numbers, he may very well have emerged as the # 1 WR we have been searching for.

I hope you're right, I'm definitely rooting for the guy!

I wasn't making a prediction by any means. Just an observation that the examples that people leave are pessimistic as opposed to optimistic.

Just trying to remain possitive about finally having the offense together for the first time.

all of this

OK, if the musical chairs with the O-line gives us some protection, I expect Crabtree to do positive things. Hows that?
He will get his chances like Morgan did in the last few games lets hope he doesn't blow it and drop the punt for a touchdown lol.
he will be on the field for like 12 plays, and maybe one catch!!
Originally posted by maximill15:
he will be on the field for like 12 plays, and maybe one catch!!

[ Edited by Dajanksta on Oct 21, 2009 at 11:06 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home