There are 299 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
Lets be realistic. There are few WRs who make dramatic differences in a teams offense. It is even more rare for a rookie WR to make a huge splash. So how can you expect a rookie who did not go through training camp, or play any pre-season or regular season games to date be much of a difference maker?

'Cuz he's arguably the best WR in college history. I'm not expecting huge things, but he's the best player in our offense so he should make a difference.
I have a feeling that people are going to be let down with Crabtree's performance after this Houston game.

-9fA
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I have a feeling that people are going to be let down with Crabtree's performance after this Houston game.

-9fA

I could see that, but I could also see him schooling Houston's defense and ending up with 4 or 5 catches. Hill will be looking for him.
Originally posted by susweel:
He will be the target of at least 10 passes each game. It was negotiated into his contract by Hammer.

LOL.... thats true adam shefter reports
don't worry crabtree gonna have 200 yards recieving come sunday.
Originally posted by B650:

-9fA

I could see that, but I could also see him schooling Houston's defense and ending up with 4 or 5 catches. Hill will be looking for him.

I believe he will get 4 to 5 catches as well. His success will be determined by how many yards or even TD's he gets.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

-9fA

I believe he will get 4 to 5 catches as well. His success will be determined by how many yards or even TD's he gets.

I don't know, I just want to see him get open. His success won't be fully determined by stats because remember, Hill is our QB.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
don't worry crabtree gonna have 200 yards recieving come sunday.

IF he does start, you guys do know most likely he will be covered by ONE OF THE BEST CB in the league in Dunta Robinson...Hope he contributes though that's for sure.
For his sake I hope he doesn't drop any balls or he will be labled TO for sure.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I hope we DO force the ball to Crabtree. Our other guys are garbage. It's worth forcing it.
Crabs feet will get thrown to a lot i can bet u that LOL

-9fA

I dont think anybody is expecting him to blow up and put up big numbers, but it sure would be nice if he did have a big game
I don't think Hill can force a ball to do anything.

Weird cuz, last time I checked he's what winning 2/3's of his games as an NFL starter, weird, maybe I missed something.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

Weird cuz, last time I checked he's what winning 2/3's of his games as an NFL starter, weird, maybe I missed something.

Coulda' sworn it was it the defense that's gotten him those victories.
He hasn't played a down in the NFL and is already considered our best WR... Well, I agree!
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

Coulda' sworn it was it the defense that's gotten him those victories.

He still throws 60 plus percent, he's lost one home game (as bad of a game he had the defense sucked just as bad vs HOTlanta). Shaun Hill is a decent QB, he's not Joe Montana, as much as I miss havin' that HOF QB under center, I'm more than happy with Shaun, especially after Ken Dorsey, Alex Smith, and JTO.
Share 49ersWebzone