LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 416 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I hope we DO force the ball to Crabtree. Our other guys are garbage. It's worth forcing it.

Gore and Davis are garbage?
I hope Crabs has experience fielding punts.
Crabtree may start, but he's not going to have a lot of plays. As such, I don't think he's going to take that many snaps, so he's not going to have the opportunity to have balls forced his way.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I hope we DO force the ball to Crabtree. Our other guys are garbage. It's worth forcing it.

Gore is not a receiver and he is injured a lot.

Davis is improved but still drops too many.

I'm sure he means WRs.

It's not like the Niners have had a lot else going for them. Maybe it will mean a few less 2 yard runs up the gut and four yard pass completions on third and eight. I would be okay with that; at least it will be more interesting.

just because they've caught passes but they are not our "WR"
how bout trying morgan/bruce/hill/
just saying...
Originally posted by B650:
I don't think Hill can force a ball to do anything.

lmao!
anytime someone wants to FORCE Crabs or VD your way...just say no!
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Crabtree may start, but he's not going to have a lot of plays. As such, I don't think he's going to take that many snaps, so he's not going to have the opportunity to have balls forced his way.

He will get alot of snaps guaranteed. Texans put up points and we dont have one receiver that a defense respects.

• Chief
  • Veteran
I think we will and should force the ball to Crabtree, Gore and Davis. These are our play makers and the point is to get the ball in their hands.

Are you serious?
I'm sure a lot of the passes to Crabtree this weekend will be WR screens. I just hope we use him the same way New England uses Wes Welker.
  • Veteran
Lets hope he doesn't try to do too much. I think the coaches are going to keep it fairly simple for him.
Maybe if they force the ball to him, it will open up running lanes for Gore, and opportunities for both Davis and Morgan. If he actually gets those short hitches or slants, then opposing DBs can't stack the box as much.
Lets be realistic. There are few WRs who make dramatic differences in a teams offense. It is even more rare for a rookie WR to make a huge splash. So how can you expect a rookie who did not go through training camp, or play any pre-season or regular season games to date be much of a difference maker?
Share 49ersWebzone