LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
I understand that this is all kinda "fast" for all of us. BUT.. When you draft a guy that is THIS HIGHLY thought of coming out of college, drafted that high and should have been a top5 and arguably the best WR and PLAYER of ANY position in last years draft. Hes gotta start RIGHT NOW!!! SEE Fitzgerald,Boldin,Moss,Andre & Calvin Johnson, etc. They all started Right from the get, and maybe didnt POST CRAZY stats their rookie years, but they were all still threats and made their offenses better

Rookie seasons:

Fitzgerald had 58 receptions, 780 yards, and 8 TDs.
Boldin had 101 receptions, 1,377 yards, and 8 TDs.
Moss had 69 receptions, 1,313 yards, and 17 TDs.
A. Johnson had 66 receptions, 976 yards, and 4 TDs.
C. Johnson had 48 receptions, 756 yards, and 4 TDs.

D. Jackson had a good rookie campaign as well last year. If Crabtree is any good, he should put up some decent numbers.
Wouldn't say they were clowns, but, I think Sing understands this:

The offense is bad.

The offense needs more than one (Gore) playmaker. Since no other receiver is showing themselves to be playmakers, he's taking a gamble on Crabtree. What do we have to lose? Can't make the passing game any worse than it already is.

The question is this, if the QB play continues as is, will Sing shake that position up as well?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
LOL. This isn't going to end well. He misses all of camp, all the games so far and holds out for months and now he is the instant starter without knowing anyting or having any game time experience...

Sometimes Singletary's passion gets the best of him.

Let's hope we're plesantly surprised.

If he is that good this early than he was worth the #10 pick easily.

Your opinion SD. What level of performance from Crabtree next Sunday, will lead you to believe he is special?

If he misses all of camp, all the games, holds out for months and months, is not familiar with the offense and still somehow manages to start and posts 120 yards and 2 TD's he is pretty damn good.

I don't know about special. You can't judge that from 1 game or 1/2 of a season (roughly what is remaining).

120yrds and 2TDs is a tall order for any rookie.
Originally posted by B650:
I understand that this is all kinda "fast" for all of us. BUT.. When you draft a guy that is THIS HIGHLY thought of coming out of college, drafted that high and should have been a top5 and arguably the best WR and PLAYER of ANY position in last years draft. Hes gotta start RIGHT NOW!!! SEE Fitzgerald,Boldin,Moss,Andre & Calvin Johnson, etc. They all started Right from the get, and maybe didnt POST CRAZY stats their rookie years, but they were all still threats and made their offenses better

Rookie seasons:

D. Jackson had a good rookie campaign as well last year. If Crabtree is any good, he should put up some decent numbers.

let's not forget about Colston in 2006

70 rec, 1038 yards, 8 TDs
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Rookie seasons:

The fact that he was a 7th round pick is what made that remarkable.
  • B650
  • Veteran

The offense is bad.

The offense needs more than one (Gore) playmaker. Since no other receiver is showing themselves to be playmakers, he's taking a gamble on Crabtree. What do we have to lose? Can't make the passing game any worse than it already is.

The question is this, if the QB play continues as is, will Sing shake that position up as well?

Of course he will. He benched O'Sullivan last year.

Rookie seasons:

We are looking at about 1/2 season left for Crabree so I doubt his #'s will be real big.

The offense is bad.

Of course he will. He benched O'Sullivan last year.

If it continues in the next 1-2 games, I would hope he does what needs to be done.

Rookie seasons:

We are looking at about 1/2 season left for Crabree so I doubt his #'s will be real big.

You really like raining down on parades don't you?
ill got out on a limb and sayy..

11 games: 45-55rec 600-700yds 4-6tds

Rookie seasons:

It's relative SD. If he puts up 500 yards and 3 TDs in 11 games, I wouldn't be disappointed. Would you?

Rookie seasons:

You are comparing a full season to a guy who missed a lot of games. Do you expect it to the be same?
  • B650
  • Veteran

Rookie seasons:

They don't have to be big. He just has to help us win games.

If he plays in 11 games, I'm expecting about 500 to 600 yards receiving.

Rookie seasons:

It's relative SD. If he puts up 500 yards and 3 TDs in 11 games, I wouldn't be disappointed. Would you?

Not really. Considering being a rookie, missing all of camp, lots of games, being very raw and having a NOODLE ARMED QB.

Rookie seasons:

You are comparing a full season to a guy who missed a lot of games. Do you expect it to the be same?

No I'm not expecting him to have the same #s. I'm just hoping that he's productive. Look at the post above and the argument is how a WR made their offense better.
Share 49ersWebzone