There are 218 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
CRANK DAT CRABTREE!

CRANK DAT CRABTREE!

CRANK DAT CRABTREE!

Is he really that good?

Hopefully he'll be streaking down the field and not old man Bruce.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Wow overact much? Has anybody considered the notion that Crabtree just may be the GREATEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER? I mean consider the facts.

1. He had like a bazillion catches and mass amounts of TD's in college

2. Eugene Parker didn't stage that holdout for nothing, he knew Crabtree was a SUPER STAR talent in waiting

3. Crabtree was working out here in Tampa for most of the summer and I live in Tampa I can attest to how hot and humid it can get even early in the morning. Working out a month in Tampa is like doing 2 camp Singletarys. I call it the Goku factor, you know how he can train for 24 Earth hours in a special time chamber which equals 1 year of total gains.

Everybody just needs to calm down because Michael Crabtree is about to go super saiyan on the NFL!!!!
Originally posted by Esco:
Wow overact much? Has anybody considered the notion that Crabtree just may be the GREATEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER? I mean consider the facts.

1. He had like a bazillion catches and mass amounts of TD's in college

2. Eugene Parker didn't stage that holdout for nothing, he knew Crabtree was a SUPER STAR talent in waiting

3. Crabtree was working out here in Tampa for most of the summer and I live in Tampa I can attest to how hot and humid it can get even early in the morning. Working out a month in Tampa is like doing 2 camp Singletarys. I call it the Goku factor, you know how he can train for 24 Earth hours in a special time chamber which equals 1 year of total gains.

Everybody just needs to calm down because Michael Crabtree is about to go super saiyan on the NFL!!!!

Unless none of the QB's on the team can get him the ball
sorry folks but this is straight up lack of respect to J. Morgan. I know he has not produced but he needs to be on the field. if anything I personally believe that I.Bruce needs to take a seat. do not know what the hell is going on with this decision. this is going to get another WR from last yr whom has produced to be more pissed off. Now I understand J. Hill's unhappiness.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
sorry folks but this is straight up lack of respect to J. Morgan. I know he has not produced but he needs to be on the field. if anything I personally believe that I.Bruce needs to take a seat. do not know what the hell is going on with this decision. this is going to get another WR from last yr whom has produced to be more pissed off. Now I understand J. Hill's unhappiness.

How is this a lack of respect? This is the NFL where teams play to win. They don't play to not hurt the feelings of the players on their teams.
Originally posted by backontop:

How is this a lack of respect? This is the NFL where teams play to win. They don't play to not hurt the feelings of the players on their teams.

There it is right there.
Benching J. Morgan over Issac Bruce is very questionable to me.

I sure hope people out there are smarter than that to not be able to use common sense and their brains. You replace a WR who has more NFL experience for a rookie whom has missed all the offseason activities. And now J.Morgan is getting replaced for what? how is that not a lack of respect towards JM. it's not like JM has stone of hands like VD had for the 1st 3yrs. should VD not have been replaced by DW. I just do not understand this move.
Originally posted by Method:

Both Morgan and Bruce are tied for 2nd most receptions on the team behind V. Davis.

Player Rec yards Ave Long TD
Isaac Bruce 13 167 12.8 50 0
Josh Morgan 13 202 15.5 61 1

maybe the coaches like having the veteran experience that Bruce brings to the field.

Yeah, I feel sorry for Morgan but he's just suffering a horrible sophomore slump this year (and people still have to remember that this guy was a 6th round pick). -He's horribly slow (with a lack of stamina), he's not getting open enough, and other than his steller blocking he's nothing more than a #2.

Will it remain this way through the rest of the season? -Nobody knows. But I think placing him on K/P return duties would do wonders for his speed/stamina development down the stretch.
Hmm he must excell at run blocking and checkdown blocking
Originally posted by Method:

Both Morgan and Bruce are tied for 2nd most receptions on the team behind V. Davis.

Player Rec yards Ave Long TD
Isaac Bruce 13 167 12.8 50 0
Josh Morgan 13 202 15.5 61 1

maybe the coaches like having the veteran experience that Bruce brings to the field.

between that drop against STL and Morgan slowing down against ATL, i'm not surprised they went with Bruce actually.....

I sure hope people out there are smarter than that to not be able to use common sense and their brains. You replace a WR who has more NFL experience for a rookie whom has missed all the offseason activities. And now J.Morgan is getting replaced for what? how is that not a lack of respect towards JM. it's not like JM has stone of hands like VD had for the 1st 3yrs. should VD not have been replaced by DW. I just do not understand this move.

VD wasnt a 6th round pick and DW wasn't the 10th pick overall
It's just hard for me to feel like J. Morgan has done a bad job when he's only dropped one pass this entire season out of 8 throws to him. I blame the QB not throwing the ball to our WR's more then I do our WR's for our abysmal pass game.
Share 49ersWebzone