There are 198 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Morgan is a class act. He is much better than his stats.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Morgan gets his starting position taken by Crabtree and he stays back to help. Alex Smith, the #2 QB, stays back to help Crabtree... Yet Shaun Hill goes home because....?
I just hope hes in football shape and doesnt get hurt.
wow, starting at the X receiver position is a lot different than starting as the slot guy in a seldom-used 3 WR formation.

I can't think of any reason that Morgan would not be telling the truth about this matter.

Apparently, Crabtree has really impressed.

Seems like the kid (Crabtree) might be a little tight, starting in his 1st game, while playing in front of his family and homies in Texas. Oh well. In Singletary, we trust.

I wonder how Houston prepares for this?
[ Edited by jimbagg on Oct 19, 2009 at 1:35 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I still think it should be Morgan in place of bruce

Totally. I don't get this, you want to start Crabs, fine but Morgan seems to have gotten open more than Bruce this year. Plus isn't it Bruce's position that Crabs will be taking anyway?
Crabs must have been damn impressive in the one week the team has had to look at him, I'm guessing he's really blocked the hell out of our corners. Maybe he's really that good but I don't see how you just throw a guy in at that position this quickly.
crabtree said he trained ridiculously hard over his holding. i knew he was going to learn quick and play soon but not this soon. and not to mention possibly starting
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
morgan is taking the news well

"I'm helping him learn my position and take my position," said Morgan, who ranks second on the 49ers behind Vernon Davis in receiving. Morgan has 13 catches for 202 yards and one touchdown. "It is what it is. If he can help us win, I'm all right with that.

"They gave him my spot. So if he's going to be in there, I might as well help him out so I can make sure he gets it right."

I still think Morgan is an explosive player. He is still young and I do not think Crabtree has earned the right to take his spot no matter how good he did in practice.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
WOW

Either he has been really impressive or the 49ers are desparate

damn that was fast. i just wish morgan was on the other side instead of Bruce. if anyone needs to be benched its bruce, he cant catch lately, has no speed, its all bad. id like to see crabtree opposite josh morgan or jason hill.

I agree bruce should be benched he's washed up. Should be the slot receiver in our team or the 3rd receiver.
If this is true, its probably going to piss off a lot of people on the team. Whats been all this talk of "he's not ready, we'll bring him in slowly, etc, etc." All those receivers put in the work throughout TC and so far through the season, and they're going to get leapfrogged by some kid who doesn't even know the "route tree"?

Has he done anything in practice to warrant it? Morgan has certainly underachieved and made some bad blunders this season but I would like to think that crabs would actually have to do something in order to take his job.

Bad, bad idea.
It was only a matter of time.

Morgan will be replacing Bruce next season.
I don't get why they are keeping Bruce in to start. He never even gets open any more... sigh...
  • JDog
  • Veteran
So what about the $4 million we spent on Brandon Jones, will he now replace Bruce?
When do we get to see him? He was suppose to be good to go 2-3 weeks ago?
There sure is a lot of indecision going on around the team?
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by valrod33:
morgan is taking the news well

"I'm helping him learn my position and take my position," said Morgan, who ranks second on the 49ers behind Vernon Davis in receiving. Morgan has 13 catches for 202 yards and one touchdown. "It is what it is. If he can help us win, I'm all right with that.

"They gave him my spot. So if he's going to be in there, I might as well help him out so I can make sure he gets it right."

I still think Morgan is an explosive player. He is still young and I do not think Crabtree has earned the right to take his spot no matter how good he did in practice.

Shut up Jerry Sullivan.
  • Tyler82
  • Info N/A
I am upset by this....I loved the Crabtree signing and Im stoked but we sould NOT MOVE Josh Morgan out of the starting lineup. We SHOULD MOVE Issac Bruce out. He is gone after this season anyway has not shown what we expect and Crabtree and Morgan are the Rice and Taylor of our future....LETS GET THEM BOTH ON THE STARTING LINEUP....
Originally posted by HessianDud:
If this is true, its probably going to piss off a lot of people on the team. Whats been all this talk of "he's not ready, we'll bring him in slowly, etc, etc." All those receivers put in the work throughout TC and so far through the season, and they're going to get leapfrogged by some kid who doesn't even know the "route tree"?

Has he done anything in practice to warrant it? Morgan has certainly underachieved and made some bad blunders this season but I would like to think that crabs would actually have to do something in order to take his job.

Bad, bad idea.

Dude you can't deny his talent obviously he is our best WR that is why he is being promoted. The team wants to win it's not about being fair. Our receivers haven't impress thank god for the change. It's like demoting Chilo Rachal when he has played terrible but gotta do it to win it's part of the game! WE PLAY TO WIN!

CRANK DAT CRABTREE!
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Oct 19, 2009 at 1:37 PM ]