There are 156 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by B650:
I can't believe they benched Morgan and not Bruce.

This team has lost it. One stupid decision after another.

Got damn, sure is a bunch of f*cking woman type activity going on here lately.

There sure is a bunch of dumb cavemen-type activity going on as well. This is a 49ers message board. I feel that Bruce shouldn't be starting. Either tell me why you disagree, or go f**k off.

That is all.

There sure is a bunch of dumb cavemen-type activity going on as well. This is a 49ers message board. I feel that Bruce shouldn't be starting. Either tell me why you disagree, or go f**k off.

That is all.

OBVIOUSLY, Crabtree has really impressed the Coaches in some way or another as to bench Morgan. I mean, really impressed. Not quite sure why Morgan gets the axe over Bruce but I doubt they were pulling straws out of a hat, like some people may think.

Must be Crab's hands or route running.

That is all.

Thank you, I'll be sure to do that tough guy.

That is all.

Bruce should be starting becaues while yes he is getting up their in age. He is still a future HOF WR and must be accounted for when on the field. Morgan, Hill and Battle on the other hand not so much. Coaches made the right decision.

i agree that it wasn't smart for them to bench morgan... but i think Singletary would send a bad message to the team (no confidence in the offense) if he sits a potential HOF'er and then starts a 2nd yr WR and a rook. I KNOW that "if the skill is there, why not?" but i'm just saying I feel like this is Singletary's mentality. It's stubborn, and hopefully he will learn and realize Bruce is stopping the development of our young WRs. He is a rookie as well.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 19, 2009 at 6:15 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Morgan did not get benched, he just got moved down a spot, no?
Whoa, Crabtree has to be limited in what he has picked up. Is this an act of desperation? Not that Morgan or Battle have done much better.
OBVIOUSLY, Crabtree has really impressed the Coaches in some way or another as to bench Morgan. I mean, really impressed. Not quite sure why Morgan gets the axe over Bruce but I doubt they were pulling straws out of a hat, like some people may think.

Must be Crab's hands or route running.

He probably impressed them buy finishing his damn routes unlike Mr. Slow down at the 15 yard line. Morgan you need to run the ball all the way to the endzone!!!
This really doesnt matter in terms of production on the field.

No QB, no offensive playcalling, no Oline blocking=same old production from our receivers, whoever it is.

• Mex49
He should have started last week
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I still think it should be Morgan in place of bruce

Me too, Bruce has looked like an old WR so far this.
Originally posted by Chief:

I hope he plays the slot. I kind of like the idea of having morgan going against the other teams third corner/nickle back.
The way morgan has played this year I'm not going to get all worked up about this change. To me crabtree is better suited to play the 1 which if I remember is the x and morgan the y. Morgan will only work harder to get back into what reports had him saying in the off season.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by Chief:

I hope he plays the slot. I kind of like the idea of having morgan going against the other teams third corner/nickle back.

I was thinking along the lines that Chief is thinking. Morgan was bumped to the #3 spot and Battle down to #4
Share 49ersWebzone