LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Originally posted by JDog:
So what about the $4 million we spent on Brandon Jones, will he now replace Bruce?
When do we get to see him? He was suppose to be good to go 2-3 weeks ago?
There sure is a lot of indecision going on around the team?

Yup, I think Scotty didn't plan for Crabtree to be there at the #10 pick, so he signed Brandon Jones during the off season. Looks like our highest paid WR (Brandon Jones) will be a bench warmer this season.

Next year it will be Jones, crabtree, Morgan, Jason Hill. (maybe Battle) I think we will keep Jason Hill. Remember Hill was Scotty's 3rd round pick so I don't think Scotty will give up on Jason Hill that easily...

We just need a franchise QB (maybe Nate Davis)

Or a draft pick.
s**t throw him in there. Morgan isn't cutting it. Bout time for Bruce to set it down too.
Morgan Crabtree and Hill as a slot...lets do this
Originally posted by lamontb:
s**t throw him in there. Morgan isn't cutting it. Bout time for Bruce to set it down too.

sit bruce play Jones Crabtree Morgan. Bruce is only hurting now. After he dropped like 3 passes vs. the Rams I am just over him. He was a great player and a surefire HOF'er but he's done.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
God wouldn't it be awesome if he just came out and dominated! hear deon talking about him on nfl network. you hear the league talking about how now our offense is picking up the slack. how shaun hills numbers have gotten better and how we are winning games!! ugh! I just want to hear them say "He is the real deal"

Imagine if he were as good as Moss was his rookie year! I by no means think he will be but if he was able to demand coverage and open up the running game would be best case scenerio. The fact that he is starting to me says he not only impressed but overwhelmed the coaches not only on the field but in terms of knowing the playbook etc, being in great shape.
How many good games by this kid before all of us say "what holdout?" I say 1 or 2
  • titan
  • Veteran
All that crap our coaches talked about hard work and earning it! way to hand it to a rookie hat hasn't done anything!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
God wouldn't it be awesome if he just came out and dominated! hear deon talking about him on nfl network. you hear the league talking about how now our offense is picking up the slack. how shaun hills numbers have gotten better and how we are winning games!! ugh! I just want to hear them say "He is the real deal"

Imagine if he were as good as Moss was his rookie year! I by no means think he will be but if he was able to demand coverage and open up the running game would be best case scenerio. The fact that he is starting to me says he not only impressed but overwhelmed the coaches not only on the field but in terms of knowing the playbook etc, being in great shape.
How many good games by this kid before all of us say "what holdout?" I say 1 or 2

He won't have the same impact as Moss. Moss was a different specimen.

Also, it isn't that hard to overwhelm on this team. Look at our WRs. I'm going to try and remain grounded until I see him produce.
Stupid move if ya ask me.. BRUCE should be the one benched/relegated.. Crabtree and Morgan ARE THE FUTURE !!. Aand the future is now. When Rice came here, we eased him in with Solomon, and same with T.O., so we should've done this the same way..
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Stupid move if ya ask me.. BRUCE should be the one benched/relegated.. Crabtree and Morgan ARE THE FUTURE !!. Aand the future is now. When Rice came here, we eased him in with Solomon, and same with T.O., so we should've done this the same way..

We kinda had talent back then though.
Guess that means he'll be getting the helmet decal. I gotta change my prediction for him. In terms of whether it should have been Morgan or Bruce....Crab does play the same position as him. Morgan shouldn't worry he won't have to wait too long, Bruce is done after this year anyways.

Originally posted by B650:
I can't believe they benched Morgan and not Bruce.

This team has lost it. One stupid decision after another.

Got damn, sure is a bunch of f*cking woman type activity going on here lately.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Got damn, sure is a bunch of f*cking woman type activity going on here lately.

Yea there is. And then people wonder why they say the SF fortywhiners
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Morgan Crabtree and Hill as a slot...lets do this

YES
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I'd rather have Bruce out there than Morgan. He's Shaun Hill's go to WR.

I know everyone here wants Morgan to be good, but he's been inconsistent this year.

And how's that working out so far?

Better than throwing it to Morgan. Bruce has come up big time and time on again on 3rd down conversions.

Not this season.
I'm glad he's starting so soon because that means he has maintained his conditioning--or even improved it--during his holdout, is impressive in workouts and practices, and is picking up the playbook very quickly. There is a reason he was picked #10 and a player of his talent should be on the field, if only to keep the D guessing. This also means that this won't be a lost year for Crabtree as he'll get a chance to make plays from the get-go. I'm a little disappointed its Morgan that's getting demoted. Bruce, though once great and solid last year, just looks old. I can understand keeping Bruce as the starter alongside Crabs, however, because he's got the experience and Hill is comfortable with him.

I'm wondering if this means looking to trade either Battle, Hill, or maybe even Morgan before tomorrow's deadline. Bruce is done after this year and Battle is probably gone next year. Maybe we try and get a late round pick for Battle before he goes. We still have Jones who by all accounts looked great before his injury and is sitting on a fat contract so he stays. Hill did well last year when given a chance but hasn't found the field yet. Perhaps Morgan, who gave up on a couple plays vs. ATL and has whined a bit this year (looks like a punt, tired legs) has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff.

Even if we trade Hill or Morgan, our two of our top 3 WRs will be Crabtree and Jones next year. Either guy remaining gives us a solid 3 WRs. Just a thought.
Share 49ersWebzone